SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

-------------------Steele

Nyambe--Lenihan--Hoban--Williams

Feeney----Lowe--Guthrie--Mahoney

---------------Emnes

--------------------------Joao

Never thought i'd be starting both Feeney and Lowe but here we are. If Mulgrew is fit then he'd be starting either at CB or CM.

Joao has earned a start as I think Mahoney has. Both have contributed very well off the bench and even though they could be classed as impact subs, sooner or later they need to start a game off the back of good sub appearances.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Veiny Flap said:

Have we ever had a fan from an opposing team start the match thread before?

Only from a bunch desperate to be noticed, apparently they were very upset on their board we weren't talking about them, bless.

Just now, davulsukur said:

-------------------Steele

Nyambe--Lenihan--Hoban--Williams

Feeney----Lowe--Guthrie--Mahoney

---------------Emnes

--------------------------Joao

Never thought i'd be starting both Feeney and Lowe but here we are. If Mulgrew is fit then he'd be starting either at CB or CM.

Joao has earned a start as I think Mahoney has. Both have contributed very well off the bench and even though they could be classed as impact subs, sooner or later they need to start a game off the back of good sub appearances.

I think Joao will probably start. I don't think Mahoney will.

Having said that Mowbray appears to be a " go for it " sort of manager so he could well field a very attacking team which would mean starting with Mahoney.

At least there'll be no Joe Garner driving them on this time or the suspicious Shane Duffy lending them a hand but it's still going to be a tough old afternoon, maybe we are due a bit of luck in this fixture.

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Either a proper match thread is started and this one locked or this one is moderated so it looks less like a dating/ grooming thread for Nobend weirdos.

If this thread continues in its current way it will be a complete shambles come match time.

I am being serious for once :angry:

Please can you try and stay on topic, otherwise you come across as slightly hypocritical.

This is a perfectly fine match thread. One of the best for years, in fact.

You're absolutely bang out of order trying to belittle me when all I have done is try and be friendly.

I mean, I've offered to be Facebook friends with someone, asked others if they want to sleep at mine or camp out in my back garden, and someone else if they'd fancy talking about football over a McDonald's breakfast (I even offered to pay the tab)

What I got in return was Neanderthal replies saying they'll come to mine, but only to either thunder fist my mums private parts or sleep with her!

What the heck dude!!

So if you've nothing to contribute in the way of topical replies, please kindly stay off this match thread. You've derailed it enough already.

Thanks.

Just now, 1864roverite said:

Poor old Gary Paul, lets play fair chaps and chapesses, the lad only wants to integrate NOT interbreed like normal !

One thing is for sure he is up for a laugh:brfc:

Laugh? That implies an element of humour involved though. 

I see a rather poor attempt at humour but no actual substance of it. All in my opinion of course.

45 minutes ago, Gary Paul said:

Please can you try and stay on topic, otherwise you come across as slightly hypocritical.

This is a perfectly fine match thread. One of the best for years, in fact.

You're absolutely bang out of order trying to belittle me when all I have done is try and be friendly.

I mean, I've offered to be Facebook friends with someone, asked others if they want to sleep at mine or camp out in my back garden, and someone else if they'd fancy talking about football over a McDonald's breakfast (I even offered to pay the tab)

What I got in return was Neanderthal replies saying they'll come to mine, but only to either thunder fist my mums private parts or sleep with her!

What the heck dude!!

So if you've nothing to contribute in the way of topical replies, please kindly stay off this match thread. You've derailed it enough already.

Thanks.

Next you'll be asking if we want some sweeties or come to see some puppies!

Just now, donnermeat said:

Laugh? That implies an element of humour involved though. 

I see a rather poor attempt at humour but no actual substance of it. All in my opinion of course.

Your Avatar and username are very quirky.

Maybe you should sleep at mine and teach me how to implement your hilarious brand of humour.

I'd like that.

37 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Does anyone know as it is an early kick off if it will be shown on TV?

It's not on Sky Sports or BT Sport from what I can see. I assume it's an early kick-off to try and minimise the number of fans getting p*ssed and causing trouble.

It's not on TV. We have to have an early kick off because we've given Preston the whole Darwen End. Apparently the police insist on it. If we didn't move it to an early kick off then they couldn't give Preston as many tickets.

Of course when its Man Utd on TV in the FA Cup who are bringing more fans than Preston it is perfectly ok to have a 4pm Sunday kick off to suit TV broadcasters, but when its only Rovers fans being messed around its absolutely fine.

Another example of the shoddy way things are done at the club.

Just now, JHRover said:

It's not on TV. We have to have an early kick off because we've given Preston the whole Darwen End. Apparently the police insist on it. If we didn't move it to an early kick off then they couldn't give Preston as many tickets.

Of course when its Man Utd on TV in the FA Cup who are bringing more fans than Preston it is perfectly ok to have a 4pm Sunday kick off to suit TV broadcasters, but when its only Rovers fans being messed around its absolutely fine.

Another example of the shoddy way things are done at the club.

No we don't. The early kick-off is on police advice but it is not related to giving away fans the whole Darwen End.

Just now, only2garners said:

No we don't. The early kick-off is on police advice but it is not related to giving away fans the whole Darwen End.

So what is it related to?

http://www.rovers.co.uk/documents/14th-march-2016195-3045348.pdf

Seems like false information is being given out in the Forum meetings.

The club were very clear - on occasions where the full Darwen End is allocated to away fans then a 3pm kick off is not allowed. Preston this season, Preston, Leeds, Burnley last season.

Blackburn plod have lost their money maker in the Burnley game so they make a big deal out of this one as a cost cutter with the early KO meaning less manpower.

After handling 7k of the most arrogant, drunken misbehaved fans in England, Salfords finest & the Geordies they baulk at 50 Preston chavs spending the day in Blackburn town centre.

It all comes down to the new power hierarchy in English football.

Sky Sports/BT Sport - Police - Club Directors - Supporters

Those who go to the trouble of spending their hard earned money bankrolling the game and making it the best in the world are right down at the bottom of the food chain, treated as an irritating afterthought and nothing more. Who cares about inconveniencing the thousands who keep the whole industry going? They'll turn up regardless and pay their money.

Meanwhile the media moguls pouring millions in for the benefit of mainly people with minimal interest in going to games have the power to dictate to all, including the authorities and clubs.

The police come second, when Sky/BT aren't interested then the police can try and tell clubs what to do with their own stadia.

Sometimes clubs with proper directors who stick up for their fans can challenge the police or even not play ball with them and deliver whatever kick off times they want, like Sky Sports do.

But when you've a joke operation with staff not fit for purpose and only interested in the minimal fuss, cost and inconvenience who will just do whatever they are told even to the detriment of the attendances, then you get a reputation for being a soft touch outfit and dinner time kick offs become more regular.

History has shown that 7,000+ away fans, from Burnley, Preston, Leeds, Manchester or wherever, can come to Blackburn for a 3pm kick off or a 5pm kick off and it can be done with little trouble. This new policy is just being done for the convenience of a small number of people who aren't interested in the wishes or feelings of Blackburn Rovers and its supporters.

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

Does anyone know as it is an early kick off if it will be shown on TV?

No not on TV. 

Sky not showing this or the Derby Forest game. Bit surprise neither are on tv

Dont mind the earlier kick off time tbh. Dont see what the problem is to be honest. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No not on TV. 

Dont mind the earlier kick off time tbh. Dont see what the problem is to be honest. 

Its not a surprise as non of the teams mentioned are playing Leeds

I like this Gary fellow. I hope he stays here. Definitely adds to the board. 

Don't care about the result. EDIT: Thats not strictly true. I hope we win. But I don't care enough to go. EDIT EDIT: That's not true either. I wish I could go, but I can't - its at home and boycott means boycott. 

Just now, bob fleming said:

"Going large" and throwing their pocket money around in McDonald's more like.

Big firm though Preston Parrots these days apparently. They'll take the town center Maccys AND the Ewood one, maybe the Police are right after all :o

Don't risk it folks, bring a packed lunch instead !

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

No not on TV. 

Not everyone who goes to Ewood lives anywhere near Blackburn so I have a huge problem with it. Huge enough to prevent me from going to the game, in fact.

Archived