BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

Just now, AAK said:

Depends what you class as okay, against Wigan the other week he was nothing short of awful. Everyone around us in the Jack Walker thought the same, I was unsure if he was actually a footballer, wayward passes out of play or to the opposition. However he has been okay in other games.

I wasn't at that particular game so can't offer an opinion. In the other games I thought he was good. Sometimes a player can flourish under a particular manager and similarly they can flop. However I believe we will only have another few months to debate Lowe's performances as I don't think he will be offered a new deal.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

We still have control of our own destiny.

This makes the next game to be played the  'must win' or failing that 'must not lose' game and it stays like that until we are mathematically safe.

I agree, the aim must be to take three pts at home especially, we need to try and pull away from the

bottom three and drag other teams into it , that will make our job easier. We now seem to be playing with no fear

which is very encouraging .

I think for us we need to win this, whilst we are experience a good one of no defeats in 6, I do not want us to become a team that draws 5 on the bounce and starts to worry about that!

A win tomorrow would be amazing, against Preston, the team famously know for hating their neighbours (us) for being brilliant! They are just a bunch of sour old grapes.

Win at home, draw away. Not Mowbray's fault we are playing catch up and he has at least given us half a chance of survival. No respite however and we must keep accumulating points.

Tough game for the opposition, whether their fans think so or not. PNE fans in Preston telling me they will walk all over us. I'm not having that, we have our belief and confidence back and we are at home, unbeaten in six. Bring it on Nobbers! 2-1 to us.

Tony Mowbray's blue and white army!

• Backroom

Feel tonight's game will set the tone 

If Bristol get a result it will be nervous times and edgy tomorrow.

If Huddersfield do us a favour it means we end the weekend outside the bottom 3 and can go on Saturday with the confidence that a win can start to build a gap going into the break.

Fancy Bristol to pick up a result though.

Burton - Aldo unbeaten in the last six matches - 10 points gained.

Forest - Lost four, won two of the last six matches - 6 points gained.

Bristol - Unbeaten in last three with one win - Two defeats and a draw prior to that - 6 points gained

Wigan - A win, two draws and three defeats in the last six matches - 5 points gained

Rovers - Unbeaten in six - Two wins and four draws - Three home and three away - 10 points gained

Rotherham have 1 draw from the last 10 played. One point from thirty! Guess who that was against?

All to play for but we are slowly clawing back points on our rivals. Burton have done well! Shows it was a good result drawing there when Mowbray had only just arrived.

Other teams' results help but at the end of the day, it's what Rovers do and on that score, as I've said on a number of times over the last weeks, I think we will be safe with something to spare.

Went for the Rovers' win at 17/10 a few days ago (you wont get those odds now) and today couldn't resist a few quid on a 4-1 Rovers' win at 80/1 with PP.  Fancy Joao to really tear their central defence apart and net at least a brace.

A long time since I really looked forward as much to a match at Ewood.  COYB.

Team for me

------------------------Steele

Naya Jombe----Hoban----Lenihan----Williams

Feeney----Lowe----Guthrie----Mahoney

----------------Jaoa----Emnes

Surprising thing is suddenly we have about 5 players out of that 11 who I wouldn't mind starting - Mulgrew, Bennett, Evans, Conway, Graham. Genuine competition.

If hes fully fit I'd put Mulgrew in for Guthrie or Williams.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Team for me

------------------------Steele

Naya Jombe----Hoban----Lenihan----Williams

Feeney----Lowe----Guthrie----Mahoney

----------------Jaoa----Emnes

Surprising thing is suddenly we have about 5 players out of that 11 who I wouldn't mind starting - Mulgrew, Bennett, Evans, Conway, Graham. Genuine competition.

If hes fully fit I'd put Mulgrew in for Guthrie or Williams.

You're forgetting about Gallagher.

7 hours ago, bob fleming said:

Are you suggesting that it was Jason Lowe who shot JFK? If so, incredible. Just incredible. Talk about making the man a scapegoat. Not even Wilcox or Quinn got this treatment. A harsh man would suggest that Lowe would miss anyway, in fact, he probably wouldn't even have a shot. In fact he'd probably see the cavalcade approaching, start walking backwards off the grassy knoll get in his car and drive home.

I blame GCHQ, ask Trump not Nixon if you want proof.

3 hours ago, Mercerman said:

Other teams' results help but at the end of the day, it's what Rovers do and on that score, as I've said on a number of times over the last weeks, I think we will be safe with something to spare.

Went for the Rovers' win at 17/10 a few days ago (you wont get those odds now) and today couldn't resist a few quid on a 4-1 Rovers' win at 80/1 with PP.  Fancy Joao to really tear their central defence apart and net at least a brace.

A long time since I really looked forward as much to a match at Ewood.  COYB.

I love your posts Mercer, superb.

• Backroom

Ah fair enough, to be honest I've not paid much attention to forest for some reason I expect them to be ok it's Bristol and Burton I've been hoping to get ahead of 

Just now, Tom said:

Ah fair enough, to be honest I've not paid much attention to forest for some reason I expect them to be ok it's Bristol and Burton I've been hoping to get ahead of 

Be same points but Forest would be, at least, one goal worse off by losing. Tight as hell. Way the likes of us Bristol and Burton are picking up points you'd think even up to Ipswich in 16th might be looking over their shoulders.

Archived