BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Nobend

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lamberts first away game, Rovers fans in good voice, the home fans embarrassing, those muppets to the left in the half built degsy corrugated stand looked like a badly dressed Sunday school outing.

Things maybe bad, buts its always good to know things could be worse, we could be Preston fans.........

Just now, Gav said:

Lamberts first away game, Rovers fans in good voice, the home fans embarrassing, those muppets to the left in the half built degsy corrugated stand looked like a badly dressed Sunday school outing.

Things maybe bad, buts its always good to know things could be worse, we could be Preston fans.........

Stop acting like a rude boy badman because you got a raggy late equaliser tonight.

This is supposed to be a good-natured thread. 

Just now, LewisF said:

"Plastic Rovers". Christ.

21st in th championship, yet our remaining fans are plastics? Get a grip 

One poster was referring to Rovers fans living on the Oakdale estate (5 mins walk from Ewood) as 'Plastics'. Odd interpretation of that phrase, I wonder how they refer to the thousands of Liverpool fans that live in their 'city'?

Sounds like it's Leyland/Brig/Houghtons once a year day trip time again how sweet. Nice of them to take over our ground  like they've done the last 3 visits. Amazing they are, that good they turn invisible for the day :lol:

Hate these lot with a passion, Burnley is a rivalry for a whole host of reasons but no one has a bigger chip on their shoulder in regards to Rovers as the little Nobbers and it goes way back before the Walker years.

Best Championship form for about a decade and still can't get more than 9/10k home fans on yet suddenly they find 7 thousand to come out to Blackburn for the day, muppets !

Rovers 2   Little City lilies 2

4 minutes ago, Veiny Flap said:

Why are PNE fans so obsessed with us? 

I know quite a few Nob enders and they’re very, very excited about the game. It’s big deal to them for some reason. 

Because they all used to watch us on telly in the 90's.

Right now they've convinced themselves they are in with an excellent chance of going up and 3 points at the weekend is a foregone conclusion. They are also going to bring so many fans that they'll also populate the home areas.

They are indeed the "new" Burnley with their delusions of grandeur after a smidge of success on the pitch.

20 minutes ago, booth said:

Because they all used to watch us on telly in the 90's.

Right now they've convinced themselves they are in with an excellent chance of going up and 3 points at the weekend is a foregone conclusion. They are also going to bring so many fans that they'll also populate the home areas.

They are indeed the "new" Burnley with their delusions of grandeur after a smidge of success on the pitch.

That's true and mix in that they've been rubbish for years and you get some very excitable Nob Enders.

For family reasons, I've a soft spot for PNE.

However, I think PNE will bottle it on their special occasion. 

Rampant Rovers to continue our renaissance winning by at least two clear goals.

Given the run PNE are on at tbe moment, staggered they've only managed to shift 5,500 tickets so far.

Preston at home. Like Burnley at home, without the rivallary. Probably less tension than Bolton at home. 

Theres always lots of talk when this game comes around, but the reality is I watched PNE go up at Wembley in a Rovers shirt and didn't get any negative comments.  It's an Internet rivalry. 

• Mike E pinned this topic

I know a lot of Nobbers and they genuinely don't like Rovers. It's also generational. The ones I know in their 40's & 50's seem to dislike us the most.

We've hardly played them for years. We've been out of their stratosphere for most of the last 30 years. I think they may have gotten a little bitter.

We are North End's closest rivals geographically. It's just that these days for us Burnley is the only game in town. This hurts their feelings so they've had to look west to Blackpool to try and create a similar rivalry. ;)

Hope I'm wrong but I think this game might be one to far, after last nights our lads must be running on empty and they are in decent form.

Rovers 0 PNE 2

Would be nice to get to the international break still unbeaten under TM though with two really tough away games following it.

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Hope I'm wrong but I think this game might be one to far, after last nights our lads must be running on empty and they are in decent form.

Rovers 0 PNE 2

Hope you are mate 

But I know where you are coming from last night was probably the best point of the TM reign this will also be a big test 

Some great comments here lads, keep em coming.

Y'know when Burnley and A lot of our fans say Blackburn fans are incredibly full of their own perceived self importance, yeah?

Well it's hard to see why. You're all really sound lads, as evidenced by the posts on this thread. There isn't a hint of egotism or condescension anywhere. :rolleyes:

If anyone wants to go to McDonald's before the game, for a chit-chat, a nutritious bite to eat and maybe take a couple of selfies together, please send me a private message. I'll have £30 spends so I'm willing to pay for the both of us, too.

Archived