BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton a tough test

25 minutes ago, TBTF said:

What revival Gav? haven't won in 5 games , two wins in 8 comprising a dodgy penalty and Emnes wonder goal.

The only thing that's changed is we no longer have any anti Coyle vitriol around us. After that its exactly the same .

Seriously?

We gained points at Fulham, Norwich and Burton and took points of Derby and Cardiff  at home, we've only lost once under TM?

Thats the revival I'm talking about, we'd have been down by now under Coyle TBTF.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Gav said:

Seriously?

We gained points at Fulham, Norwich and Burton and took points of Derby and Cardiff  at home, we've only lost once under TM?

Thats the revival I'm talking about, we'd have been down by now under Coyle TBTF.

And you are putting this down to Lowe's influence?

For me, it's down to Mowbray having a game plan something that Coyle had no idea about. I'd also suggest that our recent mini-revival is down to the form of Mulgrew.

Personally I'd much prefer to see Akpan and Guthrie in CM with Lowe as an option from the bench to slow a game down once we have a couple of goals cushion.

Just now, Stuart said:

And you are putting this down to Lowe's influence?

For me, it's down to Mowbray having a game plan something that Coyle had no idea about. I'd also suggest that our recent mini-revival is down to the form of Mulgrew.

Personally I'd much prefer to see Akpan and Guthrie in CM with Lowe as an option from the bench to slow a game down once we have a couple of goals cushion.

Lowe has played every game under TM so has without doubt had a positive impact and played a key role in the revival so far, let's hope that continues.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

how you know Gav?

you are boycotti;)ng 

I've seen enough of Lowe to know he's far from the worst player in the side, he does the hard yards, decent player.

He wasn't just good against United in the cup he was outstanding, that was no fluke.

My mates still go, Parson said he was excellent yesterday, so I'll take their word for it.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Because an accountant runs the club on a day to day basis. No John Williams who 'gets' the game.

Not that I'm protecting anyone but what could anyone do, John Williams included, faced with a situation that the club needs to be financially self sufficient and a dwindling fan base that thinks we should still be competing at the top table? Venkys have clearly turned the taps off, other than for now to keep the wolf from the door, what next?

Sadly we need to face facts, we all know why we are where we are but it alters nowt. We either hope that Venkys continue to bale us out or there's someone else waiting in the wings to do likewise.

I don't hold out much hope on either count.

Just now, Gav said:

Lowe has played every game under TM so has without doubt had a positive impact and played a key role in the revival so far, let's hope that continues.

Yes, so you keep saying. I thought you had stopped going?

You know, the more I think about this, the more I resent Bowyer. His insistence on fitting his protege in at all costs, including playing others out of position, such as Cairney, leaving players out, like Judge, and at the expense of more attacking players like King, Rochina and Barrow - to name but a few - Bowyer created the myth that Jason Lowe was a solid first team player. He got game after game after game that he wouldn't have got at other clubs. This self-fulfilling game-tally, cemented by his 'ability' to play sideways and backwards passes have made him an OPTA king and kept him in the side. Yes, he can run around a lot, and nobody can doubt his fitness but he has held us back massively at times when we had the players to attack, and force us to be a win/lose team like Burnley or Blackpool instead of a draw/draw team under the Bloweyer partnership.

Ever since, it has served to allow fans to say, "he must be good, he keeps getting picked". Yet, here we are, almost bottom of the Championship having seen him an ever-present in an underperforming, failing Championship side for 4 years. Yes, Lowe has been at the heart of things but that's not a cause for celebration. To say that he is a reason for our resurgence (a very minor resurgence) is completely ignoring his wider contribution towards where we find ourselves today.

We have built a team around a League One standard player and just as we reach his level, he's off!

Just now, darrenrover said:

Not that I'm protecting anyone but what could anyone do, John Williams included, faced with a situation that the club needs to be financially self sufficient and a dwindling fan base that thinks we should still be competing at the top table? Venkys have clearly turned the taps off, other than for now to keep the wolf from the door, what next?

Sadly we need to face facts, we all know why we are where we are but it alters nowt. We either hope that Venkys continue to bale us out or there's someone else waiting in the wings to do likewise.

I don't hold out much hope on either count.

John Williams wasn't averse to filling the Darwen End with away fans. However for a game of the possible magnitude of the Villa game, I could well imagine the club trying to attract as many home fans as possible- near £30 a ticket wouldn't be it.

22 hours ago, Stuart said:

Never ever put an account in charge of a business. Self-fulfilling prophesy of penny pinching and lack of entrepreneurialism. Football is about taking calculated risks, get the right and enjoy the rewards, get them wrong and suffer the consequences (which is why managers usually get potted for not delivering).

Take no risks and you stagnate, and are overtaken by your peers.

My old boss told me that, if accountants are running the biz, it's going one way, down, and he was an accountant.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

absolutely correct

accountants are for keeping count

nothing else they are good at

I ws running  shop, mfg, whrn corporate moved in an accountant to help implement our MRP system.  I spent more time with him explaining "variances" than I did doing my job.

Just now, Stuart said:

You know, the more I think about this, the more I resent Bowyer. His insistence on fitting his protege in at all costs, including playing others out of position, such as Cairney, leaving players out, like Judge, and at the expense of more attacking players like King, Rochina and Barrow - to name but a few - Bowyer created the myth that Jason Lowe was a solid first team player. He got game after game after game that he wouldn't have got at other clubs. This self-fulfilling game-tally, cemented by his 'ability' to play sideways and backwards passes have made him an OPTA king and kept him in the side. Yes, he can run around a lot, and nobody can doubt his fitness but he has held us back massively at times when we had the players to attack, and force us to be a win/lose team like Burnley or Blackpool instead of a draw/draw team under the Bloweyer partnership.

Ever since, it has served to allow fans to say, "he must be good, he keeps getting picked". Yet, here we are, almost bottom of the Championship having seen him an ever-present in an underperforming, failing Championship side for 4 years. Yes, Lowe has been at the heart of things but that's not a cause for celebration. To say that he is a reason for our resurgence (a very minor resurgence) is completely ignoring his wider contribution towards where we find ourselves today.

We have built a team around a League One standard player and just as we reach his level, he's off!

You asked a question, I was curtious and answered. Don't ask the question if you don't want to here the bloody answer.

Bowyer picked him because he's a key player, Lambert the same and now Mowbray.

Its not a conspiracy, the lad can play, even Pullis is keeping close tabs on him, so maybe just maybe you and the rest on here are quite simply wrong, perish the thought.

:rolleyes:

Just now, Gav said:

You asked a question, I was curtious and answered. Don't ask the question if you don't want to here the bloody answer.

Its not a conspiracy, the lad can play, even Pullis is keeping close tabs on him, so maybe just maybe you and the rest on here are quite simply wrong, perish the thought.

You're right of course Gav. Lowe has been a roaring success at the heart of our midfield. :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

John Williams wasn't averse to filling the Darwen End with away fans. However for a game of the possible magnitude of the Villa game, I could well imagine the club trying to attract as many home fans as possible- near £30 a ticket wouldn't be it.

Even the relegation season from the prem home support was given the whole lower tier in the darwen end Also at a reduced rate 

But to give villa the whole end and making it category A is all about get what income possible asap 

Just now, Stuart said:

You're right of course Gav. Lowe has been a roaring success at the heart of our midfield. :rolleyes:

Don't forget at full back also, now we're talking :tu:

Just now, Gav said:

Don't forget at full back also, now we're talking :tu:

Good old ever present Jason. Full back, CM, wing, forward, keeper. Doesn't matter what the position, he's the first name on the team sheet, the lynchpin in our side, and...

IMG_0681.PNG

51 minutes ago, Stuart said:

We've sold every playing asset we possible could over the last 5 years except Lowe. Wonder why?

Atkins, Wilcox and Sherwood all got stick from sections of the support, they couldn't have been more wrong, and you struggle to find anyone who didn't think all 3 were quality players now a days ;)

I'm not saying Lowes in that class, but he's singled out for stick, much of it uncalled for in my opinion.

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

Agree with every word! He's been the common denominator in the last 6 or so years of decline.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

He's out of contract at the end of the season, there hasn't even been any talk of us offering him a contract (with little to no desire to from our fans) and one article in the paper about another club being interested in him which was dubious at best. Says it all really.

• Moderation Lead
Just now, RV Blue said:

Agree with every word! He's been the common denominator in the last 6 or so years of decline.

Well, as well as Venky's....

Just now, RV Blue said:

Just now, K-Hod said:

Well, as well as Venky's....

Jerome Lowe?

This has done the rounds more than are Venkys corrupt or just cretins. Said a while back as soon as Lowe was fit the same old wheel will start spinning again and here we are the same debate season on season c40+ times per season ever since he first got over promoted to the first team.

So........

Those who really don't like Lowe don't worry he'll be gone soon if rumours are true.

Those who do like him don't worry 6 months after he's gone and sat on someone else's bench he'll be revered on here as the best midfielder in the making  since Sherwood bizarrely even by some of his detractors and you can revel in the 'I told you so's' .

Those who genuinely rate him get yourselves another glass of hard stuff.

Those who are very close to not really giving a flying fig about anyone on our books anymore whether they stay or go (me), carry on regardless !

Yep the top and bottom of it is Venkys and co have reduced us to a weak thin squad who are mostly relying on players who won't be here next season one way or another. The danger is as the season draws to a close if things aren't going well a lot will just shrug their shoulders and have their minds on their next move.

Absolutely scandalous.

Archived