BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton a tough test

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Thx for getting it and doing a detailed audit B)

Obviously the calculations are flawed because it assumes a heck of a lot of full priced walk-ons but I understand the principle. Wouldn't be surprised if they just about broke even.

I'm expecting a similar offer for our last home game. Could be absolutely crucial - assuming we survive that long.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

I'm expecting a similar offer for our last home game. Could be absolutely crucial - assuming we survive that long.

Or they just make it Category A so they can rake it in from a Darwen End full of Villa fans...

Just now, Mattyblue said:

Or they just make it Category A so they can rake it in from a Darwen End full of Villa fans...

Forgot it was Villa. Yes, I expect you are right. The days of looking after our fans are over, the days of trying to create a home advantage are over too. For 100 million reasons.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

They don't get any money from away season ticket sales in the league - although they do rake it in with food and drink. 

28 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Obviously the calculations are flawed because it assumes a heck of a lot of full priced walk-ons but I understand the principle. Wouldn't be surprised if they just about broke even.

This sort of offer to buy-in fans at a particular game by offering entry at £5 is a slap in the face to existing loyal STs unless they are going to offer the STs a refund or discount.

Could get messy.

Bolton's offer succeeded as it was backed by a promotion bid which helps.

On STs ... how much income do you reckon they produce? If 10,000 bought at JW UC prices its still beggar all as cover for running costs. I think the cost cutting surgery just about to start with be frightening.

48 minutes ago, booth said:

Just to point out, first shots were fired by the above, as usual.

Silly question? It's a question that hasn't been officially answered so I'd say it's a very important question. For some reason you think sacking Sam Allardyce was the beginning of the fiasco and that all would be as before had they not done so. All keeping SA would have done is delayed the inevitable by a short amount of time.

You only have to read the official letters to see how John Williams and co were being overruled by outside parties. If they hadn't sacked Sam those outside parties would still have been running the club into the ground and we'd still be where we are today.

It's the efforts to rewrite history, blame it all on one bad decision in the early days because the poor lambs didn't know what they were doing. It's about as convincing as Kean saying he was just stepping in for a few weeks when asked then got offered the full time role out of the blue.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

That's exactly what they'll do and it could see Rovers slipping out of this league on their home ground in front of more away than home fans. If ever there was a boycott game that would be it surely if we are already down.

Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

Mowbray says about his players

"I like to look behind the eyes to see hunger and desire"

wonder what was behind Loweys eyes? An empty space with a ball of cotton wool blowing about...

Lowe has been excellent in recent weeks, part of TM's revival. maybe not the best time to slag the lad off.

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Mowbray says about his players

"I like to look behind the eyes to see hunger and desire"

If our team had enough of either then we wouldn't be where we are. When the going gets tough, our lads tend to crumble. Look at the amount of late goals we concede. People blame it on fitness and that's part of it, but another part is the loser's mentality that has spread throughout the club and into the fanbase itself like a virus. 

There's a lot of false confidence about the Bristol City match, but can you imagine us thumping any team 4-0, much less a team in 3rd? Absolutely no chance. Bristol City won't be pushovers and I'm not confident this group of players has what it takes to come out on top when the pressure is on. Too many freebies who never had what it takes, and loan players who know they will be elsewhere next season anyway.

Just now, Steve1 said:

Did I just read that right ????? Excellent ??? He's in a world of his own that lad...runs around like a headless chicken.

Bit like Savage?

Just now, 47er said:

Sorry Gav, big admirer of Savage here. Not the most naturally gifted footballer but earned his place by sheer effort and passion. A natural leader.

Often referred to as "A headless chicken" 47er, thats why I drew the comparison Steve made above.

Very good player Savage, no doubt about that.

3 hours ago, booth said:

Just to point out, first shots were fired by the above, as usual.

Silly question? It's a question that hasn't been officially answered so I'd say it's a very important question. For some reason you think sacking Sam Allardyce was the beginning of the fiasco and that all would be as before had they not done so. All keeping SA would have done is delayed the inevitable by a short amount of time.

You only have to read the official letters to see how John Williams and co were being overruled by outside parties. If they hadn't sacked Sam those outside parties would still have been running the club into the ground and we'd still be where we are today.

So you are saying it made no difference that kean was manager instead of allardyce? Wow. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The best description  I heard of Savage -  " A stray dog chasing an empty crisp packet around an empty car park. "

Robbie would have tried to kick the @#/? out of that crisp packet. Might have failed mind.

I liked him...when he played for us and also now.

26 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Robbie would have tried to kick the @#/? out of that crisp packet. Might have failed mind.

I liked him...when he played for us and also now.

My Favourite Robbie Savage stats were the fact he got 89 league yellow cards n just one league red. For a man that was arguably a fairly rash tackler n was know to be a little mischievous I couldn't believe how he avoided being sent to the dressing room more often.  

Yeah he was one of my favourite rovers players at the time. He always gave everything he had.

6 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I wish people would stop comparing Lowe to Savage. It's like comparing Guthrie with Scholes.

Steve called Lowe a headless chicken, a label often thrown Savages way, that's why I made the comparison. 

5 hours ago, Stuart said:

Forgot it was Villa. Yes, I expect you are right. The days of looking after our fans are over, the days of trying to create a home advantage are over too. For 100 million reasons.

And right on cue...

http://mobile.rovers.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/blackburn-rovers-aston-villa-ticketing-information-3636805.aspx

7 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Honestly. This lot would be putting prices up in the cafe aboard the Titanic when the arse end was up at 45 degrees. :rolleyes:

What exactly are we hoping to achieve by fleecing fans on what could be our last day at Ewood in tier 2?

4 hours ago, Gav said:

Lowe has been excellent in recent weeks, part of TM's revival. maybe not the best time to slag the lad off.

What revival Gav? haven't won in 5 games , two wins in 8 comprising a dodgy penalty and Emnes wonder goal.

The only thing that's changed is we no longer have any anti Coyle vitriol around us. After that its exactly the same .

Just now, TBTF said:

What revival Gav? haven't won in 5 games , two wins in 8 comprising a dodgy penalty and Emnes wonder goal.

The only thing that's changed is we no longer have any anti Coyle vitriol around us. After that its exactly the same .

Was beginning to think the same I'm pretty certain Coyle would have won two out of the last 8 but granted he'd of lost more than one... 

Archived