BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mowbray is right we need the fans tomoz BIG TIME. Any true rovers fan who can make it should be there tomorrow, don't care what you say. Don't like the owners, fell out of love, I'm not going back until they've gone, I'm sick of it - trust me I am some of them, but the club needs us tomorrow and needs us for the final 3 games. The owners don't need us, the board don't need us, the advisors don't need us, but OUR CLUB needs us and that manager who is trying his upmost needs us. Come on rovers fans.

9 minutes ago, AAK said:

Mowbray is right we need the fans tomoz BIG TIME. Any true rovers fan who can make it should be there tomorrow, don't care what you say. Don't like the owners, fell out of love, I'm not going back until they've gone, I'm sick of it - trust me I am some of them, but the club needs us tomorrow and needs us for the final 3 games. The owners don't need us, the board don't need us, the advisors don't need us, but OUR CLUB needs us and that manager who is trying his upmost needs us. Come on rovers fans.

Pity the owners don't feel the same way otherwise we'd have done a Notlob and made it £5 a ticket. 23k on when they did it.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is Jerome Anderson in the Glasgow mafia? 

From the dark days of conspiracy theories on every corner (some of which turned out to be true), fan group in-fighting, PR people being VERY unpopular in certain quarters,  legal threats, invisible dogs and tantric dance, one of the wildest conspiracy theories was the "Glasgow Mafia" one, However, the speed an efficiency it got removed from everywhere created a Streisand effect  where by it seemed more and more people started to believe it.

It does still survive online, here for example - http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2321

2 hours ago, AAK said:

Thanks, I don't need a lecture.  I have watched Rovers for 49 years.  It may be a blue & white shirt and a red rose badge but this is not Blackburn Rovers.  

I hope the players turn up tomorrow.

2 hours ago, AAK said:

Agreed very much.

All fans should be there tomorrow. Mowbray and the players need your support!!!

Nothing else matters

Just now, preston blue said:

Thanks, I don't need a lecture.  I have watched Rovers for 49 years.  It may be a blue & white shirt and a red rose badge but this is not Blackburn Rovers.  

It is. Same as Coventry, Blackpool etc are the same clubs. We've all just got appalling owners.

See you at Ewood. I'll buy you a pie:) 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is Jerome Anderson in the Glasgow mafia? 

No but his wee gems stake money might have been ... B)

Anyway I think the Glasgow gangster theory started on a Sheff Weds board did it not ?  Hell some of our own players at the time even believed it. There was an awful lot of smoke around that one to be fair.

Just now, preston blue said:

I'm not looking to give you a lecture pal, if I was, I would be giving myself one, as my views are very similar to yours. However, I just feel us fans need to pull together for these 3 games. Relegation could mean no club pal. 

Apologies if it offended you personally, that wasn't intended. Just really think a vocal and vibrant ewood could really make a difference.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't mean that.

I meant support the club, players and Mowbray Not the owners

Fair enough Chaddy.  I remember what you have said before about your wife.

Just now, AAK said:

I'm not looking to give you a lecture pal, if I was, I would be giving myself one, as my views are very similar to yours. However, I just feel us fans need to pull together for these 3 games. Relegation could mean no club pal. 

Apologies if it offended you personally, that wasn't intended. Just really think a vocal and vibrant ewood could really make a difference.

No problem.  I agree.

Feeling reasonably confident about tomorrow. Think Mowbray will field an attacking team, hopefully with no Conway in the team. 

Rovers 3 Barnsley 1, and out the relegation zone.

Joao with a brace, and pen from Emnes.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Feeling reasonably confident about tomorrow. Think Mowbray will field an attacking team, hopefully with no Conway in the team. 

Rovers 3 Barnsley 1, and out the relegation zone.

Joao with a brace, and pen from Emnes.

Of all the players to focus ire on Conway is incredibly weird. If you made a top 10 of our best players during these 'difficult' last however many years he would be top 5. The guy gives his all at all times, which often includes more quality than anything else the rest can muster. 

Just now, danger19_80 said:

Of all the players to focus ire on Conway is incredibly weird. If you made a top 10 of our best players during these 'difficult' last however many years he would be top 5. The guy gives his all at all times, which often includes more quality than anything else the rest can muster. 

He hasn't been dreadful for most of the year. No pace, can't cross anymore, cant beat a man. The list goes on and on. Keeping faith with players who have played well for the last 5 years is how you get relegated. I watch every game, and for me, there is no player more out of form than Conway. 

Ive seen more "quality" out of Mahoneys infrequent appearances than I've seen from Conway. Bennett provides more quality and at least Feeney has pace if used properly has some merit.

2 hours ago, preston blue said:

Sorry BB.  On a beach enjoying my Saturday.  I do hope Rovers win though.

Fish and chips at Corbiere... Do that and tune in. Good fatty food, an amazing view, and Rovers on the radio. :D

Today is the most important match of Rovers season so far.

We MUST win.

If attending, if boycotting, if unsure, if at some distant place I wish Rovers and all Rovers Fans a happy and successful day.

Let's win for Rovers!

Think nice thoughts

:rover: COYB :rover:

On Wednesday, April 05, 2017 at 10:46 AM, Phil T said:

"Ah lad ah! Am goin' daan' pit!"

Kes, Michael Parkinson, Mick McCarthy, t'pits... Barnsley is possibly the most deprived area in the United Kingdom, and while their claims to fame may not be glamorous, an old pal of mine from university gives me a big soft spot for them. They're just a bit difficult to dislike.

Barnsley are having a good season by their expectations, despite a serious lack of form since January. Like most clubs these days, Barnsley have had their fair share of managers and caretakers in and out of the revolving door, with no fewer than 8 over the last 8 years. Their current manager, Paul Heckingbottom, has done a good job at keeping Barnsley well away from the drop zone, as well as having them flying high earlier in the season and challenging for promotion.

However, Barnsley lost two key players in the January transfer window. Sam Winnall, who was Barnsley's main goal threat, made the switch to local rivals Sheffield Wednesday (incidentally, he scored against Barnsley at Oakwell last Saturday). Conor Hourihane, a midfielder who makes things tick, went to Aston Villa. Perhaps it's no coincidence that, since their two key players left in January, Barnsley's promotion push has seriously tailed off, and their form has spiralled. With just one win since the January transfer window back on Valentine's Day at Aston Villa, Barnsley are seemingly in tatters.

Rovers, meanwhile, have had a decent turnaround in form since Tony Mowbray took over from Owen Coyle. Our last two games ended in defeat and, even though we didn't expect to pick up points in either of them, the psychological effect could play a part in our confidence going into this match. Nevertheless, 2 defeats in 9 is a huge improvement on our form under the previous manager, especially considering the quality of opposition we've played against recently. Mowbray must surely be targeting a win here, and it's imperative that the last two games are put well and truly behind us.

Rovers info
Danny Graham, Corry Evans, and Adam Henley are sidelined. Sam Gallagher is one booking away from a suspension.

Barnsley info
Aidy White and Sessi D'Almeida are sidelined with injuries. Andy Yiadom is likely to return from injury.

My Prediction
Rovers surely have more about them at the moment than Barnsley, who are there for the taking. I'll go for a tight and scrappy 2-1 victory and a welcome three points.

Thanks for the preview.

We have done well in some high pressure fixtures already under Mowbray. And in some bigger games this year.

No need to panic. Nothing decided tonight.

Rovers 2-0.

Archived