BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Heartening to know we've been paying his extortionate wages during this period. Scandalous signing.

12 hours ago, Glenn said:

From the dark days of conspiracy theories on every corner (some of which turned out to be true), fan group in-fighting, PR people being VERY unpopular in certain quarters,  legal threats, invisible dogs and tantric dance, one of the wildest conspiracy theories was the "Glasgow Mafia" one, However, the speed an efficiency it got removed from everywhere created a Streisand effect  where by it seemed more and more people started to believe it.

It does still survive online, here for example - http://www.toonforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2321

An awful lot of what we know backs that up.

I was told when Stokes joined that his wages sat closer to £20k week than £10k  :(

Not sure if that was true, but an awful signing, it never looked right from the start.

Anyway as for today, the suns shining, the winds light and blowing in from the East, just seen a woman riding her bike that looked like Mary Popins so:

Comfortable 2-0 for Rovers

Just now, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Heartening to know we've been paying his extortionate wages during this period. Scandalous signing.

Signed by wee gem as soon as he was in the Ewood door. Coyle always looked like he was smiling when really he was holding back a belly laugh.

Upset my day reading that in the LT......should know better.

20 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said he lost the head before that?

He had jut come off a good season with Hibs. He looked a decent signing for us. 

A lot of fans here in the know now in hindsight 

:lol::lol:

Good old hindsight. When it's stated as foresight people are shot to pieces for being negative. "Give the guy a chance FFS", "he's not kicked a ball yet".

It would be nice if some of these positivista could at least have the courtesy to say "well, you were right".

3 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Today is the most important match of Rovers season so far.

We MUST win.

If attending, if boycotting, if unsure, if at some distant place I wish Rovers and all Rovers Fans a happy and successful day.

Let's win for Rovers!

Think nice thoughts

:rover: COYB :rover:

I've never seen Rovers lower than the championship in my life.

This is the most important game i can remember!

20 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You said he lost the head before that?

He had jut come off a good season with Hibs. He looked a decent signing for us. 

A lot of fans here in the know now in hindsight 

I said his head 'went' before his Court case.

8th June 2013 to be precise.

Late reply as just seen your post.

Huge game today, can our midfield win a battle? Will our strikers find the net after not doing so in the last 3 games? Can Steele keep us in the game?

Barnsley aren't in good form at all, 8 games since the last win BUT I think we need to achieve at least two of the above three aspects of the game to win, fingers crossed!!!

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

:lol::lol:

Good old hindsight. When it's stated as foresight people are shot to pieces for being negative. "Give the guy a chance FFS", "he's not kicked a ball yet".

It would be nice if some of these positivista could at least have the courtesy to say "well, you were right".

Jesus I think some fans relish we are doing badly, so they can say 'we told you so! `

Are you for real? 

Big Big Game today, sadly i fear we are down already but it certainly would revive hopes if we grabbed 3 points today.

Wherever you are after the rally calls mid-week. If you are going then ensure you get behind the lads, not just say and think it but actually create an atmosphere, Blueboy, chaddy and co you've discussed this all week so lets get behind them!

Leavers Boycotters - No antagonizing comments please! 

Credit to Barnsley apart from Yaidom whom i wanted here last year, i couldn't tell you a player of there's and it wasn't just Winall, Hourihane it was also James Bree who went to Villa to hence there dip in form, they've had a good season though.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Big Big Game today, sadly i fear we are down already but it certainly would revive hopes if we grabbed 3 points today.

Wherever you are after the rally calls mid-week. If you are going then ensure you get behind the lads, not just say and think it but actually create an atmosphere, Blueboy, chaddy and co you've discussed this all week so lets get behind them!

Leavers Boycotters - No antagonizing comments please! 

Credit to Barnsley apart from Yaidom whom i wanted here last year, i couldn't tell you a player of there's and it wasn't just Winall, Hourihane it was also James Bree who went to Villa to hence there dip in form, they've had a good season though.

Ryan Kent winger on loan from Liverpool, Adam Armstrong striker on loan from Newcastle(Someone who I think will be here next season), Roberts centre half, Davies is their keeper, Tom Bradshaw who they signed from Walsall in the summer, Watkins midfielder/striker and someone I mention we need to look to sign in the summer and Midfielder Scowen.

But Heckingbottom has done a great job there and deserves all the praise

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Ryan Kent winger on loan from Liverpool, Adam Armstrong striker on loan from Newcastle(Someone who I think will be here next season), Roberts centre half, Davies is their keeper, Tom Bradshaw who they signed from Walsall in the summer, Watkins midfielder/striker and someone I mention we need to look to sign in the summer and Midfielder Scowen.

But Heckingbottom has done a great job there and deserves all the praise

Who? ;)

I know Watkins from his ICT (Inverness Caley Thistle) days.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I said his head 'went' before his Court case.

8th June 2013 to be precise.

Late reply as just seen your post.

Mowbray confirming that really in his interview. Rovers should have been nowhere near him with a 3 year contract knowing the situation, it stinks. We aren't a charity we are skint yet they've thrown thousands a weak at some muppet who's head was already up his jaksi due to self inflicted stupidity. Now when we need him surprise surprise coming off the back of the Coyle regime and his regular weekends on the lash he isn't fit enough, one of many.

Effin joke, hopefully if Senior is some sort of real deal this kind of thing will stop.

As for Coyle I hope he disappears to some tiny backwater Scottish outfit and stays there.

28 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Jesus I think some fans relish we are doing badly, so they can say 'we told you so! `

Are you for real? 

No, little pup. Believe it or not I'd much prefer to be wrong.

The trouble is that when it comes to Venkys and their utter ineptitude - and certain players not being up to it - I'm usually not.

By the way, I wasn't just talking about me (being right).

• Backroom
39 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Are you for real? 

I think it's more a case of being dismissed as conspiracy theorists or 'negativistas' (I like that word!) despite being repeatedly proven right :P

I remember when about 6 of us knew about Kean's bonus structure in his contract and Glen/Mark were almost hounded off the mb! 'Get behind the lads FFS', 'Protests are hurting the team!'

5 years later, in black and white, are 7-figure salaries with 6-figure unconditional bonuses, and a positive points return when protests occur compared to when there's no protest.

Anyway, 3rd-last game of the season, desperate for points and damned well hope we get them! COYB

Anyway, just home from work, beautiful day for a game, Riverside salute should be in evidence with this sunshine.

Come on Rovers, lets grab a win today and lets hope results go our way, and lets hope there's plenty on Ewood today.

Not feeling too confident but will don the blue n white and hope the boys give it a right good go :o:D

COYB   TMBWA

I'm actually looking forward to the game after the last to difficult figures where expectations where limited, this game couldn't come quick enough playing a team in poor form who have nothing to play for really and it's coming down to crunch time. I think the lads will go out and really go for this one and I can see us winning 3-1. I'm a little worried about our even weaker defence but I can see us really going for it up top. 

The end of the season will be nothing but serious nail biting stuff but if we stay up after the season we've had and Coyles best efforts at nose diving us into L1 there would be a little sense of satisfaction and I have hope that TM can try and build on with very limited resources and make a little bit of progress next season as I believe he is the man to do it. 

31 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I think it's more a case of being dismissed as conspiracy theorists or 'negativistas' (I like that word!) despite being repeatedly proven right :P

I remember when about 6 of us knew about Kean's bonus structure in his contract and Glen/Mark were almost hounded off the mb! 'Get behind the lads FFS', 'Protests are hurting the team!'

5 years later, in black and white, are 7-figure salaries with 6-figure unconditional bonuses, and a positive points return when protests occur compared to when there's no protest.

Anyway, 3rd-last game of the season, desperate for points and damned well hope we get them! COYB

great post!

Archived