BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Previous Game: Rovers v Barnsley

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can Bennett play at right back? Could be a knock to Nyambe's confidence. Ryan is improving game by game.

Picking midfield is my struggle.  Feeney, Guthrie, Lowe, Mahoney? Where does Bennett fit in? Or Akpan?

Got to start with Emnes and Joao up front.

I think we will be relying on which Barnsley side turns up. By that you all know what I mean.

No prediction. Fingers crossed.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would recall Graham. We know he can put the ball in the net consistently. 

He'll not be fit enough to start. Expect him to come on for last 30 minutes.

Just now, bazza said:

He'll not be fit enough to start. Expect him to come on for last 30 minutes.

I would start Graham if he could play the first half. Bring Joao on at half time. We need to score first and I think it's the kind of game where we need a proven finisher on the field from the get go. 

I would start Graham if he could play the first half. Bring Joao on at half time. We need to score first and I think it's the kind of game where we need a proven finisher on the field from the get go. 

I agree. But it would be terrible if his groin played up after 10 minutes and, once again, we had to use an early sub.

It looks like the best we can hope for is Graham to be on the bench.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15208471._I_am_preparing_to_play_the_last_six_games_without_them____Rovers_defensive_pair_Charlie_Mulgrew_and_Darragh_Lenihan_could_miss_the_rest_of_the_season/?ref=mac

Talking if 'strikers' - one day I hope that the true story of the signing of Anthony Stokes comes out. Why was this known lunatic signed on a 3 year contract at £××××× per week?

There was a big fat bloke (not me) in a Rovers shirt on the beach yesterday.

I approached him as a short-term loan for Rovers to be goalie instead of 'Whoopsie Steele'.  This guy would fill have the goal and would probably do a better job.

How much will I get as his agent?.

7 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It looks like the best we can hope for is Graham to be on the bench.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15208471._I_am_preparing_to_play_the_last_six_games_without_them____Rovers_defensive_pair_Charlie_Mulgrew_and_Darragh_Lenihan_could_miss_the_rest_of_the_season/?ref=mac

Talking if 'strikers' - one day I hope that the true story of the signing of Anthony Stokes comes out. Why was this known lunatic signed on a 3 year contract at £××××× per week?

Glasgow mafia?

Just now, 47er said:

Glasgow mafia?

It looks like someone wanted Stokes to have a confirmed income stream to deal with the expenses he was known to be likely to incur at the tine Coyle signed him up.

Stokes is even more a dodgy signing than Brown.

Knowing he had a big bill coming up and maybe knowing his former team might have had grounds to bounce him out with next to nothing someone has played a blinder on his behalf.

Coyle never looked like he had any intention of playing this guy regularly, maybe he was a ,makeweight in getting Mulgrew here or maybe it was something altogether more rotten.

Said from the very moment he arrived something wasn't right about this and we'd end up paying him off. Goodewille mk2 !

And don't even get me started on Brown, 'oh he'll be good experienced back up so what's the harm ?' ... yeah right he couldn't back up his car he's been shot to pieces for years.

Good old honest Owen eh !!!!

At the time stokes looked like a decent signing. He seems to have lost his head after the court case though. If it worked out we would all be saying it is great that he had a 3 year deal. 

There is no conspiracy and no Glasgow mafia at play here. Take the tinfoil hats off. Just a signing that looked OK at the time, but hasn't worked out. Like many other transfers. 

At the time stokes looked like a decent signing. He seems to have lost his head after the court case though. If it worked out we would all be saying it is great that he had a 3 year deal. 

There is no conspiracy and no Glasgow mafia at play here. Take the tinfoil hats off. Just a signing that looked OK at the time, but hasn't worked out. Like many other transfers. 

Bunkum.

It never looked a good signing from the start, has proven to be another waste of money, and you have to ask why was he given 3yr deal.

Just now, Gav said:

Bunkum.

It never looked a good signing from the start, has proven to be another waste of money, and you have to ask why was he given 3yr deal.

Whats bunkum is posters here thinking that there is some conspiracy involved. 

I would bet a look back through the transfer thread would be more positive than negative when he signed. 

He started well then coyle dropped him for some reason. The court case then seemed to put him out of action completely. The club obviously thought that he would get off with that. 

15 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I'd rather start Graham and take him off rather throw him on as a sub with the game in the melting pot and have him break down. Still think Graham and Gallagher are the best partnership. Wouldn't surprise me if he went Graham emmes up top 

55 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Your the one who seems obsessed with conspiracy or negativity you scream it every time you disagree with someone's opinion. You've no more idea what's at play than anyone else.

21 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Ask the Elvis impersonator. The one who just got the big damages award.

From a football perspective Stokes was unwanted at Celtic and somehow the reject ended up at Ewood. Cheers Owen.

You said he lost the head before that?

He had jut come off a good season with Hibs. He looked a decent signing for us. 

A lot of fans here in the know now in hindsight 

Just now, tomphil said:

Your the one who seems obsessed with conspiracy or negativity you scream it every time you disagree with someone's opinion. You've no more idea what's at play than anyone else.

I'm not the one making accusations of dark arts or Glasgow mafias! 

• Glenn pinned this topic

Tomorrow is the kind of game where someone like Stokes may be an advantage, good in the air and a player that can make an impact from the bench. I have seen him play a good few times and he has something about him. If we go down he is the type of centre forward we will need to survive league 1 !

whatever line up we have to go for it and we have to score first.

I hope we are struck with irony and are saying this time next year the lads turned out alright in the end. I just don't think that'll happen I think he'll be yet another odd signing paid off clearing the way ( & his fine ) for the place he really wants to be but they couldn't afford him then ..... Hibs.

Archived