BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Job losses

Just now, Stuart said:

Rome is burning but you dismiss the smoke as burning toast because you haven't yet seen the devastation. 

9-11 didnt really happen , it was Mil Hill Flats being pulled down and the plasticine figure maker on the roof wanted to save the Morph's

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It appears that the cutbacks have started. Cheston must be crapping himself as there will be little income at the moment and they have to pay the players over the summer. Even the out of contract players will be paid until July 1st when their deals expire. I think in Chestons little world he envisaged season tickets flying off the shelves as soon as the prices were announced and this would get them over this period.

Well done to everyone who is waiting until the last day to renew their season tickets. 

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Wont be long before the shirt sponsor is Fruit Of the Loom 

My mate used to go and buy a job lot of that gear then go around to factories and offices selling out of his car boot lol . Maybe Cheston and Pasha could do that over the summer to rake in a bit of cash !

t-shirt cabin on Darwen St does printing cheap maybe get job lot for the 1st team send the badge at a PNG file , asda are doing denim shorts cheap New contract for future players is bring your own boots and any knee high girls socks

18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, I don't have proof, but I am not the one claiming they have been sacked. It all just sounds  a bit made up "ooh look they have sacked the cleaners boo hiss"

Would the club really have no cleaners? Seriously, think about it. 

I was the first to 'claim' at least one had been sacked last Saturday/ Sunday (can't remember which). I hid my post after an hour or two because I didn't want to be accused of starting baseless rumours. I only repeated it today because it is mentioned in the Mail article in this thread. The bloke who told me has a wife who is a cleaner at the club, or at least she was until last Saturday morning. I haven't got a clue how many more have been potted. It appears the cleaners do a 'deep clean' of the whole stadium during the summer but for the first time it has been cancelled. My mates missus is now looking for a new job. 

The 'good' news is that when the season starts they 'may' get their jobs back, or at least some of them may. It isn't a nice way to treat people, it's basically Zero Hours contracts, but it is symptomatic of a club that has lost touch with it's community. The money the clubs save will be a pittance.

It's always best not to accuse people of making things up unless you yourself have 'proof' that they are. Boo Hiss indeed.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

t-shirt cabin on Darwen St does printing cheap maybe get job lot for the 1st team send the badge at a PNG file , asda are doing denim shorts cheap New contract for future players is bring your own boots and any knee high girls socks

Coyle's doing them on Blackburn Market. He has a collection.

Would have thought he specialized in boys socks as he looks like he comes from a catholic background. As a 70's kid myself that sang in the choir did the whole cubs/scouts/venture scouts and even did my detention at school in the early 80 I was never touched.

Must be Fugly.

Blackburn Rovers - overpaid bosses and low-paid defenceless staff (players excepted of course) on zero-hours contracts.

The unacceptable face of football capitalism.

Unbelieveably,  Margaret Thatcher was a VP of the club decades ago - which was a slap in the face for the town if ever there was one.

Time to elect Jeremy Corbyn as a VP to redress the balance.

59 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I've seen somebody post on Facebook that it was true as they were one of the cleaners effected. Her profile was easily accessible so it seems an odd thing to stick your neck out to lie about.

All of the evidence points in a particular direction but still people say "prove it". Then it happens and they say "hindsight".

What I don't understand is why? Rome is burning but you dismiss the smoke as burning toast because you haven't yet seen the devastation. 

One cleaner losing their job, whilst sad, isn't proof that there is need for a thread called job losses. Also, there could be more to the story of why that person lost their job. 

Now isn't the time to be creating negativity and exaggerations. Let's leave that til after the Brentford game. 

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Blackburn Rovers - overpaid bosses and low-paid defenceless staff (players excepted of course) on zero-hours contracts.

The unacceptable face of football capitalism.

Unbelieveably,  Margaret Thatcher was a VP of the club decades ago - which was a slap in the face for the town if ever there was one.

Time to elect Jeremy Corbyn as a VP to redress the balance.

Yep zero hour contracts suck. They are getting banned here in Ireland. Complete exploitation. The joys of capitalism 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

One cleaner losing their job, whilst sad, isn't proof that there is need for a thread called job losses. Also, there could be more to the story of why that person lost their job. 

Now isn't the time to be creating negativity and exaggerations. Let's leave that til after the Brentford game. 

Stuarts post said the Facebook women said she was "one of the cleaners affected".  Plural.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

totally agree we are still in the championship, next season could see us promoted to the Prem League we have owners that pay the bills and we have a manager and DoF doing all they can to add value to the squad.

Theres a chance we may still sign Ronaldinho 

2 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

I worked for a high street major bookmaker as Assistant Manager and in 1 year they got rid of all the cleaners and then hired contractors in, that lasted about 6months then they made us do shop tidies and supplied us with cleaning products and marrigolds. Needless to say majority of these shops now are sess pits.

Unlikely as Mercer has been cleaning up at the bookies for years......allegedly

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bizarre statement.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Quite simply her zero hours contract was due to run out in summer and they tried to flog her in Jan but it fell through. They then offered her a new one but she allegedly wanted 25 grand per week so they let her go under the mistaken impression it would go to a tribunal and they'd recoup 1.5 million to pilfer because she used to clean at the academy and worked her way up.

That sort of thing eh ????

Is anyone surprised? Mike Cheston happy to mis manage monies and cash flow for three years, award 3 year contracts, sell your assets and mortgage all future revenues.

In what @#/? planet does he live on and you to find this acceptable? 

I wouldn't trust him opening a door for me. Gutted for the staff but better of away from the rat fest.

Just now, Neal said:

Heard from someone from at the academy that there are loads of youth players and staff being let go next week.

I don't know about staff but as regards the youth players this is normal at this point in the year as the lads have finished their scholarships.  Those that the club want to keep have been offered terms whilst a number of those released have been undergoing trials with other clubs over the past few weeks. 

Archived