BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Job losses

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Back to the job losses it is of course disgraceful that people working on menial rates who might rely on the income are being cast aside whilst we continue to pay players like Stokes and Brown for doing nothing, and to a lesser extent no doubt vastly overpaying the likes of Cheston and Senior for not doing very much.

Unfortunately however these cleaning staff are the first casualties of the war being waged on the Club by the NAPM's. When a Company is in trouble and being badly run it is rarely the aquarium in the office which goes first it's the jobs of innocent employees. (Our "aquarium in the office" being the likes of Stokes and Wes Brown).

The cleaning staff are probably more affected by the club and fans who wanted Allardyce sacked Rev.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

It's actually not possible to respond honestly on a Public MB to a LIE like that.

The truth is often unpalatable and I can understand why you are reluctant to accept it.. The situation as a whole is of course entirely Venky's fault but the less income we have the more likely and the sooner things like these job losses will occur.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

The truth is often unpalatable and I can understand why you are reluctant to accept it.. The situation as a whole is of course entirely Venky's fault but the less income we have the more likely and the sooner things like these job losses will occur.

The truth hmm...very selective with the facts, I would say...but then again, I am sure you know that LOL.

. How many millions are the club supposed to be in debt? What/who caused that?

Rev by saying that have you considered other factors such as the below:

What about the 7k STH's and other walkons which failed to turn up at the Crewe game earlier this season which attracted only a 2.5 k crowd? Surely that affects things too? What about the loss of revenue from that game and the fact our costs for putting the match on at Ewood far outweighed the returns of the matchday income?

Lack of action by some fans for seven years and the turn the tap on approach by some then off again as opposed to creating a sustainable campaign against the enemy venkys, it could maybe have facilitated driving them out quicker and gained more media exposure informing other fans of other clubs whom still remain slightly naive? 

I seem to recall you emphasizing strongly that the NAPM's were only a small minority, smaller than 4 k wasn't it? So 4k multiplied by around £15.00 a ticket lets say provides the fruitful sum of £60,000. That is ADAM HENLEY's wage for a month before employers NI contributions and pensions equally the same as Stokes for a month, surely they've been bigger wastes?

What about the lift contract under John Williams what was £1000's more expensive as it went to a friend as opposed to a market price? What about the commercial team at Ewood arranging meetings with ex sponsors (3 of them) to garner sponsorship for next season and monies then failling to turn up leaving the directors of these businesses perplexed?

That's very interesting, I know a business who tried to sponsor a player for this season and next season but the commercial team failed to put anything in place " because they had been busy",

Just remind me how many players we're sponsored this season?

Just now, Brownpants18 said:

That's very interesting, I know a business who tried to sponsor a player for this season and next season but the commercial team failed to put anything in place " because they had been busy",

Just remind me how many players we're sponsored this season?

6-8 in the programme last week. I'll double check.

Dave Biggar left in the summer who brokered the 1million per annum dafabet deal, he's gone to NYC. Guarantee we won't get a deal anywhere near that figure next season so REV does that mean the drop of in that is also the NAPM fault? 

• Backroom
Just now, Mercer said:

If we are relegated tomorrow, next week will be very distressing.......

I've been saying a while the reality of relegation will be worse than some expect.

I wish it was as simple as living in the land that means relegation means Venkys leave and we start again 

21 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

How many stay away fans agreed to give the likes of Brown, Stokes et al ridiculously lucrative contracts because that is the major issue. Once again you are trying to justify your vendetta against some fans with ludicrous accusations. 

Pathetic.

Just now, Tom said:

I've been saying a while the reality of relegation will be worse than some expect.

I wish it was as simple as living in the land that means relegation means Venkys leave and we start again 

People who've been lending will be very nervous now. Go down tomorrow and i imagine it will get called in.

I don't think venkys have the money readibly availble to pay 

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/dec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

'Since they took over, the company's financial power has been vastly exaggerated. Reports of a £1bn turnover and £100m profits may have sprung from confusion over multiples of rupees, lakhs (100,000 rupees) and crores (10m rupees). In Venky's (India) Ltd's annual report for 2009-10, last year's turnover is reported as 71,000 lakhs (7.1bn rupees), the pre-tax profit 8,200 lakhs (820m rupees). At yesterday's exchange rate of 0.0143 rupees to the pound, that amounts to a £100m turnover, a £12m profit, about a 10th of what was initially reported'

A classic article from back in the day. It's almost retro now it's so old. Anyway; they never had much money according to David Conn. It's fair to assume that since Mrs D gave up and put the club in the hands of the 'Cluckle Brothers' that the money has completely dried up. Relegation will be an unmitigated disaster. We'll sell anything that's not nailed down so we just have to hope the key assets are nailed down i.e. Ewood and Brockhall. I'd imagine the majority of the older players on contracts will go simply because they will be on too good a wage to carry in League 1, so that means Conway, Graham and Mulgrew. Most of the rest are out of contract anyway. Look out for the players being released by Championship and League 1 clubs over the next few weeks. They're coming to Ewood!

29 minutes ago, broadsword said:

The club is in the hole for £120m.

Cleaning staff get  sacked... Who dies Simon blame? The fans  who cannot bear to turn  up and watch as the club implodes. 

Pathetic, but not in any way surprising

What is maybe pathetic is the way you completely ignore the fact I have repeatedly stated that the situation we are in is entirely the owners e kfault and then selectively twist excerpts of what I have written to accuse me of blaming the fans.

If people stop using  Tesco's because they don't like the product anymore and the Company post losses or even reduced profits because of that and shed thousands of jobs then whilst it may be managements fault the product is crap and people might be quite justified in staying away, the fact the jobs have gone are down to the reduced income in the first instance.

In the long term if the customer's stance results in management having a rethink and the quality of the product being restored then you can say the customer's stance has been vindicated but it doesn't help the people who lost their jobs.

But you know all that I'm sure as you are an intelligent chap.

The situation were in its completely the owners fault? 

The situation we're in whereby we've had to terminate cleaner's contacts. That's Venky's fault? 

But the cleaners losing their jobs is down to stay-away fans. Even though if  our attendances hasn't declined, we'd still be losing money. 

You're completely contradicting yourself. Embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, den said:

The cleaning staff are probably more affected by the club and fans who wanted Allardyce sacked Rev.

You might have a point on the fans den were it not for the fact no-one was actually calling for him to be sacked at the time, when he did unexpectedly go everyone was calling for him too be replaced by someone of equivalent calibre or better,  and the fact there have been numerous opportunities to rectify the situation since.

Are the cleaners who have been finished the ones who only clean after a match? I know that all staff haven't a clue what's happening at the club its not only there that money's not being spent

Just now, Mum63 said:

Are the cleaners who have been finished the ones who only clean after a match? I know that all staff haven't a clue what's happening at the club its not only there that money's not being spent

Said it for a while the ground is looking shabby.

Inside painting through the corridors aint looking great, corporate carpet and logo in the centre looks shabby, 101 room i think it is looked bashed, negelected, wires and blinds broken and hanging down from the ceiling.

Exterior of the ground could do with a jet wash as it's very grimy and dirty, no pride and i'm suprised they take pictures of it on the website.

What a load of @#/? Rev.

They are saving money every way they can. We've just brought £35 million ( or whatever ) in from player sales. 

So what you are saying is that if we'd brought in £36 million instead, by getting £1 million extra in season tickets sales, then they would have spared the cleaners?

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2010/dec/21/blackburn-rovers-venkys-jerome-anderson

'Since they took over, the company's financial power has been vastly exaggerated. Reports of a £1bn turnover and £100m profits may have sprung from confusion over multiples of rupees, lakhs (100,000 rupees) and crores (10m rupees). In Venky's (India) Ltd's annual report for 2009-10, last year's turnover is reported as 71,000 lakhs (7.1bn rupees), the pre-tax profit 8,200 lakhs (820m rupees). At yesterday's exchange rate of 0.0143 rupees to the pound, that amounts to a £100m turnover, a £12m profit, about a 10th of what was initially reported'

A classic article from back in the day. It's almost retro now it's so old. Anyway; they never had much money according to David Conn. It's fair to assume that since Mrs D gave up and put the club in the hands of the 'Cluckle Brothers' that the money has completely dried up. Relegation will be an unmitigated disaster. We'll sell anything that's not nailed down so we just have to hope the key assets are nailed down i.e. Ewood and Brockhall. I'd imagine the majority of the older players on contracts will go simply because they will be on too good a wage to carry in League 1, so that means Conway, Graham and Mulgrew. Most of the rest are out of contract anyway. Look out for the players being released by Championship and League 1 clubs over the next few weeks. They're coming to Ewood!

It won't matter whether we get relegated or not, same thing will happen; everything up for sale, no contracts being given out, threadbare squad. 

The big lie has been FFP for the last few years. I'm sure Cheston will be glad of relegation so he has another excuse for the club being run into the ground.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Back to the job losses it is of course disgraceful that people working on menial rates who might rely on the income are being cast aside whilst we continue to pay players like Stokes and Brown for doing nothing, and to a lesser extent no doubt vastly overpaying the likes of Cheston and Senior for not doing very much.

Unfortunately however these cleaning staff are the first casualties of the war being waged on the Club by the NAPM's. When a Company is in trouble and being badly run it is rarely the aquarium in the office which goes first it's the jobs of innocent employees. (Our "aquarium in the office" being the likes of Stokes and Wes Brown).

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

How many stay away fans agreed to give the likes of Brown, Stokes et al ridiculously lucrative contracts because that is the major issue. Once again you are trying to justify your vendetta against some fans with ludicrous accusations. 

Pathetic.

You're nice. I'd just say he's an irrelevant trolling two hat and leave it at that.

Archived