Jump to content

BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Checkatrade Trophy


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, andyh said:

Just to cheer everyone up here is a video from 25 years ago today when Rovers beat Norwich 7-1 to go top of the premier league 

 

 

That just makes it worse Andy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know why on earth Mowbray signed Gladwin or what he had in mind for him, I know he's done what Brown didn't and notched but from what I've seen of him he really isn't as good a player as Brown :blink:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Baldwin is an exact clone of Chris Brown. No more needs to be said. Genuinely very poor.

I have seen a fair few strikers play on after their legs have gone and have just added Danny Graham to the list. 

Chapman looks like an impact sub to me; I think Mowbray has that decision spot on. 

Conway has lost his pace and Nyambe is extremely limited.

Matty Platt looks a good prospect and Harper did some good things and looks like he will be decent.

All in all, a lacklustre performance but I can't get too excited about this tournament.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

Baldwin is an exact clone of Chris Brown. No more needs to be said. Genuinely very poor.

I have seen a fair few strikers play on after their legs have gone and have just added Danny Graham to the list. 

Chapman looks like an impact sub to me; I think Mowbray has that decision spot on. 

Conway has lost his pace and Nyambe is extremely limited.

Matty Platt looks a good prospect and Harper did some good things and looks like he will be decent.

All in all, a lacklustre performance but I can't get too excited about this tournament.

You’re not on your own - neither can the players.

This being the case, they need to make attendance free of charge in future.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Totally agree with all the comments made about tonight's game at home to mighty Bury. 

One up front the ageing Danny Graham to be replaced by Joe Nuttall to carry on playing one up front against the mighty Bury ....what was it that RV called Tony Mowbray.

The big blonde dummy Gladwin... I'd sooner play with ten men than have this stroller in my team ..........who recruited this lump ?

Stephan Mols at least added a bit of much needed enthusiasm into the team but Rankin Costello looked out of his depth along with Hart Travis Harper and Whittingham. 

Too many Rovers tonight had nothing to offer nothing to show for a hour and a half of their time.

Just don't see tonight as being a one off.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awful. Really truly awful. 

Mowbray would have been better just handing Johnson the reigns, telling him to pick from his U23 squad, approach it on those lines, risk the jokers at League HQ giving us a fine.

Worst case scenario we still lost but at least we would have seen some passion and benefit to the players than the going through the motions rubbish on offer tonight.

I really don't know why the likes of Gladwin, Whittingham or Harper were picked tonight. I can't really recall a meaningful contribution made by any of those few other than Gladwin's shot that was saved.

Special mention to chaotic seating arrangements with the club packing supporters like sardines into the JW Lower Bburn End, only opening the JW Upper once this area was packed. The result being people clambering around trying to find spare seats whilst the game was underway with 25,000 seats sitting empty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Awful. Really truly awful. 

Mowbray would have been better just handing Johnson the reigns, telling him to pick from his U23 squad, approach it on those lines, risk the jokers at League HQ giving us a fine.

Worst case scenario we still lost but at least we would have seen some passion and benefit to the players than the going through the motions rubbish on offer tonight.

I really don't know why the likes of Gladwin, Whittingham or Harper were picked tonight. I can't really recall a meaningful contribution made by any of those few other than Gladwin's shot that was saved.

Special mention to chaotic seating arrangements with the club packing supporters like sardines into the JW Lower Bburn End, only opening the JW Upper once this area was packed. The result being people clambering around trying to find spare seats whilst the game was underway with 25,000 seats sitting empty.

It was very crammed and disorganized. The only thing missing from tonight was rain and a flat tyre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anybody else think that as bad as everyone else was, Sam Hart just does not cut it as a footballer. I've honestly never seen a player look not only bad and out of his depth but like he was dragged from the stand as a raffle winner and 90 mins was the prize.  It got to the point I wanted him subbed to stop him embarrassing himself. How does he look in the u23s because judging by tonight he is nowhere near good enough for that squad never mind team

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Colt Seavers said:

 

I have seen a fair few strikers play on after their legs have gone and have just added Danny Graham to the list. 

 

Fred Pickering, John Byrom and John Radford cpme to mind

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just seen TM's pre-match presser. Hardly inspiring and quite obvious he had no interest in the game and passed that on to the players.

Anyone want a game in the Mickey Mouse Cup?

The man is baffling at times. 

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15571090._I_will_show_them_some_respect_and_won___t_force_them_to_play____Rovers_boss_to_speak_with_senior_players_about_Checkatrade_Trophy_involvement/?ref=mac

Link to comment
Share on other sites

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15573935._There_isn_t_a_lot_to_be_positive_about____Tony_Mowbray_left_unimpressed_by_Rovers__performance_in_Checkatrade_Trophy_defeat_to_Bury/?ref=mac

“But there isn't a lot to be positive about. I take some responsibility for that, throwing together a team without doing any work on it"

Tactically astute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

shambles really. what an embarrassing and lousy game.

we are having confirmation that benchwarmers should still stay on the bench, and that Chapman's best role seems to be an impact sub at the moment.

was just interested in some of the younger players getting their debuts. Don't think Rankin-Costello is ready but Matty Platt may be worth a punt at CB if push comes to shove.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

also like to add that I was disappointed with Mowbray's handling of this game. Before the game, he seemed to say that the senior pros get to choose if they are interested in playing the match. Who's the manager here?

 

After the game, he admitted that he put the team together and did not put any work into it. Again, who's the manager here? No wonder they looked a pub team!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JHRover said:

Special mention to chaotic seating arrangements with the club packing supporters like sardines into the JW Lower Bburn End, only opening the JW Upper once this area was packed. The result being people clambering around trying to find spare seats whilst the game was underway with 25,000 seats sitting empty.

I’m not sure why it should have been the case given it’s one seat per person but it was a really uncomfortable experience last night. Really crammed and with absolutely no buzz about the place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15573935._There_isn_t_a_lot_to_be_positive_about____Tony_Mowbray_left_unimpressed_by_Rovers__performance_in_Checkatrade_Trophy_defeat_to_Bury/?ref=mac

“But there isn't a lot to be positive about. I take some responsibility for that, throwing together a team without doing any work on it"

Tactically astute.

He would have been better keeping his mouth shut.

He admits putting out a team at Ewood Park without bothering to do any work on it.

Stunning admission and total disrespect for the Club, the Fans, the Opposition and also Rovers players.

The same genius disrespected Shrewsbury and how many others? That attitude will permeate through to the players.

I wonder how training goes. Fancy a little jog Danny.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.