BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

McCarthy has done a great job at Ipswich on an absolute shoestring compared to other clubs. With no investment next season it may be a case of 'careful what you wish for' with the Ipswich fans. Coyle is free again. ;)

I want Coyle to go to WBA. I know a complete twxt of a WBA fan here who deserves it.

6 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

From the 3 Ipswich games you have watched? 

You do know he has won the championship more than any other manager, right? 

I seen a lot of McCarthy teams over the 16 years and they aren't attractive to watch at all. It direct football from him which his way fair enough but I wouldn't want to watch his team each week. 

Yes he has won this league the most so he a good manager at this level but In my opinion his football is dour and boring. So I can understand why Ipswich fans are fed up of him and his tactics after 6 years in charge. 

I've seen Ipswich for the past 6 years. 

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

On Ipswich Chaddy, you said they have a good squad. In my opinion Mccarthy has kept them up, comfortably,  with worse players than we went down with 

Look at their squad with Players like Huws, Adeyemi, Hyam, Ward in midfield with Garner, McGoldrick, Sears and Waghorn up front I wouldnt expect long ball football with those players 

Is it just me or is Championship pathetic this year? Millwall currently stand 8th in the league, 2 points away from the play offs.. 

crazy

nothing to fear if we go up. If we manage to keep Armstrong , Chapman and Payne we can actually start dreaming

Edited by skous18

On 29/03/2018 at 15:55, chaddyrovers said:

Fans don't want hoofball tho. that's what you get with McCarthy in charge. WBA fans had enough of Pulis hoofballand wanted change and got it just a shame that Pardew got the job after. Pulis did the same at Stoke and the fans got fed up with eventually . 

I expect WBA to sack Pardew in the summer when a clause can be activate and cost them less to sack him. (I would have done it by now cos they are down). I think in the summer WBA will appoint either Appleton or Pearson will be appoint. 

Now on to Stoke, Lambert has promotion on his CV and if they went down I would stick by him. 

but both need a overhaul of their squad and have players who know what the championship is about and played in it before

Just watch the games that's been on TV over the past 3 years of his team and when we played them they have been boring hoofball all the time. I watch the Norwich game with Ipswich and both teams were awful. Plus reading Ipswich fans complaining about him and his football for years

McCarthy is old school and hasn't learnt to develop his methods, tactics, style of play and philosophy over the years. He has got a good team there and a team that could play more attacking and score goals. I can understand the fans being unhappy and wanting change of ways there. 

I not a fan of him but his record is very good and his football isn't bad at all. 

lets calm down here and chill out. 

manager betting odds are easy to change look at the Oxford United manager betting they were all over the place. 

Can I see Mowbray going to Ipswich? not really tbh when I think he has got here and the way he is allow to sign players and backed by the owners

Can I ask why you rate Lambert so much?

You mention the hypothetical scenario of relegation, if that happened hed have failed to bring to success to Villa, Rovers, Wolves and then Stoke in succession.

You are basing his job therefore on past success; how would that be any different from others defending McCarthy in a similar way?

McCarthy has no money and a team full of grafters but no real flair or quality, and they are comfortably mid table, I do understand why fans might get itchy feet but id not be remotely surprised if a more "exciting" appointment followed and then they started to fall as a result.

54 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Can I ask why you rate Lambert so much?

You mention the hypothetical scenario of relegation, if that happened hed have failed to bring to success to Villa, Rovers, Wolves and then Stoke in succession.

You are basing his job therefore on past success; how would that be any different from others defending McCarthy in a similar way?

McCarthy has no money and a team full of grafters but no real flair or quality, and they are comfortably mid table, I do understand why fans might get itchy feet but id not be remotely surprised if a more "exciting" appointment followed and then they started to fall as a result.

McCarthy spent 3 million pounds this summer on 3 players a million each. those players being Waghorn, Garner and Huws. 

Ive commented on his dull football and his methods being old fashion. 

Lambert wasn't a failure at Rovers or Wolves. As he wasn't at these clubs for even 8 months. 

At Rovers he was rebuilding a squad mid season and he did a decent job here but It would have been interested in seeing what Lambert long term plans were here. 

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

McCarthy spent 3 million pounds this summer on 3 players a million each. those players being Waghorn, Garner and Huws. 

Lambert wasn't a failure at Rovers or Wolves. As he wasn't at these clubs for even 8 months. 

At Rovers he was rebuilding a squad mid season and he did a decent job here but It would have been interested in seeing what Lambert long term plans were here. 

Point being, whether there were mitigating circumstances in any of them, hes not achieved what he set out to achieve at any club hes managed in recent years.

Therefore, how is that different to peoples points, most pertinently @Bigdoggsteel that McCarthy has proven in the past with other teams that he can have success AND play attractive football, as he did for Ireland? Which was also well in the past, as was Lamberts success.

(also unconvined that after spending what they did on Helder Costa and Cavaleiro that he couldnt have done better last year, but thats beside the point)

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Point being, whether there were mitigating circumstances in any of them, hes not achieved what he set out to achieve at any club hes managed in recent years.

Therefore, how is that different to peoples points, most pertinently @Bigdoggsteel that McCarthy has proven in the past with other teams that he can have success AND play attractive football, as he did for Ireland? Which was also well in the past, as was Lamberts success.

he hasn't been allowed to at his last 2 clubs. 

thought he did fine at Rovers and he was building a team for promotion the season after. 

what teams has McCarthy been in charge off and played attractive football then? did he at Ireland? 

• Backroom

On a different topic, unless they have a very abrupt downturn in form Cardiff are almost certainly going up. Eight wins on the spin at the business end of the season, win their game in hand and they are ten points clear of Fulham in 3rd. They'd only be three points off Wolves in 1st! What a job Warnock has done there. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

he hasn't been allowed to at his last 2 clubs. 

thought he did fine at Rovers and he was building a team for promotion the season after. 

what teams has McCarthy been in charge off and played attractive football then? did he at Ireland? 

You're missing the point.

What you think of why Lambert hasnt achieved what hes set out at his last 4 clubs is irrelevant. You suggested that @Bigdoggsteels point was a moot one because McCarthys success with Ireland was a long time ago and football has changed, even in the last 5 years.

So surely Lamberts success or lack of in recent times means that hes possibly not the man youd want to be spearheading a promotion push, was he to relegate them?

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You're missing the point.

What you think of why Lambert hasnt achieved what hes set out at his last 4 clubs is irrelevant. You suggested that @Bigdoggsteels point was a moot one because McCarthys success with Ireland was a long time ago and football has changed, even in the last 5 years.

So surely Lamberts success or lack of in recent times means that hes possibly not the man youd want to be spearheading a promotion push, was he to relegate them?

No Ive not missing the point Rovesfan99 at all. So stop saying that every time I disagree with you..

You said McCarthy has had success and attractive football together. I asked you to name this and you couldnt do so. So you cant back your point up. Yet again!!!

Lets see If Stoke are in the championship next season or not. If they were I would give Lambert a season to get promotion. Let him build a champiomship squad capable of achieving promotion that season

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No Ive not missing the point Rovesfan99 at all. So stop saying that every time I disagree with you..

You said McCarthy has had success and attractive football together. I asked you to name this and you couldnt do so. So you cant back your point up. Yet again!!!

Lets see If Stoke are in the championship next season or not. If they were I would give Lambert a season to get promotion. Let him build a champiomship squad capable of achieving promotion that season

No I never. Im not saying that McCarthy has done the 2, it was other posters. I said its hypocritical to discount the point that McCarthy has had success in the past playing attractive football, because as you argued, that "Football has change so much in the past 5 years let alone 16 years"  Then in the same breath suggest that Lambert should be trusted even if Stoke go down because hes had promotion in the past, which was 7 years ago.

What has Paul Lambert done anytime recently to suggest that he would be capable of achieving promotion?

Just now, roversfan99 said:

No I never. Im not saying that McCarthy has done the 2, it was other posters. I said its hypocritical to discount the point that McCarthy has had success in the past playing attractive football, because as you argued, that "Football has change so much in the past 5 years let alone 16 years"  Then in the same breath suggest that Lambert should be trusted even if Stoke go down because hes had promotion in the past, which was 7 years ago.

What has Paul Lambert done anytime recently to suggest that he would be capable of achieving promotion?

Ive seen McCathy style and tactics since Ireland at clubs like Sunderland, Wolves and Ipswich..its hoofball and boring. No wonder Fans are bored of it after 6 years. Plus his antics towards to Ipswich fans arent impressive..

He wasnt given time at Wolves due to certain reasons and he walk away from Rovers cos of the owners. McCarthy has had sensible and reasonable owner for 6 years..

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ive seen McCathy style and tactics since Ireland at clubs like Sunderland, Wolves and Ipswich..its hoofball and boring. No wonder Fans are bored of it after 6 years. Plus his antics towards to Ipswich fans arent impressive..

He wasnt given time at Wolves due to certain reasons and he walk away from Rovers cos of the owners. McCarthy has had sensible and reasonable owner for 6 years..

The point was absolutely nothing to do with that.

It was simply that you are discounting McCarthys previous achievements, whereas you are basing Lamberts promotions from 7 years ago as reason as to why he is the best man to get Stoke back if he takes them down.

• Backroom

Looks like it won't take much more than 40 points to stay up in the Championship this year. We got relegated with 51. Sticks in the craw a bit. 

On the plus side we really have nothing to fear if we do go up. If Cardiff can get promoted and Bolton stay up then there's no reason we can't achieve at the very least a decent mid table finish. Just got to get there first...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The point was absolutely nothing to do with that.

It was simply that you are discounting McCarthys previous achievements, whereas you are basing Lamberts promotions from 7 years ago as reason as to why he is the best man to get Stoke back if he takes them down.

My point was about his tactics, style being awful. His style is hoofball and its no wonder fans are bored of it. 

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

What more would you expect after spending 3 million? 

Sorry if this has already been said but any one noticed that Ben Marshall is at Milwall and scoring/laying on goals for fun?

Admittedly, only seen highlights but looks a player with confidence for a change. Always felt he had all the technical ability, but never had his head up! Good luck to him anyway.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Biz said:

Sorry if this has already been said but any one noticed that Ben Marshall is at Milwall and scoring/laying on goals for fun?

Admittedly, only seen highlights but looks a player with confidence for a change. Always felt he had all the technical ability, but never had his head up! Good luck to him anyway.

Only noticed him myself a week or two ago. Two crosses yesterday with his left peg and two goals. Always enjoyed watching him. Millwall going up would be a shot in the arm to the sanitised world of Prem football! 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Only noticed him myself a week or two ago. Two crosses yesterday with his left peg and two goals. Always enjoyed watching him. Millwall going up would be a shot in the arm to the sanitised world of Prem football! 

1 minute 10 seconds in... 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Thats the one I saw. Cracking goal weird celebration.

Looked to me like the classic “what did you call me, fat?”.... who was the 90’s player who did something similar? For Villa or Newcastle... might be imaginary..

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Ginola?

I think his was more, whip the shirt off and flex.. I might have mixed up two memories because you’re correct in that Ginola played for Villa and was called fat by his manager.