BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

Fans want promotion and McCarthy's record is behind only Warnock and Bruce at getting teams into promotion contention. I don't recall Megson's West Brom or Pulis' Stoke playing like Barcelona when getting promoted last time.

Fans don't want hoofball tho. that's what you get with McCarthy in charge. WBA fans had enough of Pulis hoofballand wanted change and got it just a shame that Pardew got the job after. Pulis did the same at Stoke and the fans got fed up with eventually . 

I expect WBA to sack Pardew in the summer when a clause can be activate and cost them less to sack him. (I would have done it by now cos they are down). I think in the summer WBA will appoint either Appleton or Pearson will be appoint. 

Now on to Stoke, Lambert has promotion on his CV and if they went down I would stick by him. 

but both need a overhaul of their squad and have players who know what the championship is about and played in it before

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Could you elaborate on why McCarthys football is boring in your opinion? How would you describe his philosophy? 

Did you watch much of Ipswich? Just wondering how as they aren't on TV much 

Just watch the games that's been on TV over the past 3 years of his team and when we played them they have been boring hoofball all the time. I watch the Norwich game with Ipswich and both teams were awful. Plus reading Ipswich fans complaining about him and his football for years

McCarthy is old school and hasn't learnt to develop his methods, tactics, style of play and philosophy over the years. He has got a good team there and a team that could play more attacking and score goals. I can understand the fans being unhappy and wanting change of ways there. 

2 hours ago, DE. said:

I really do wonder what would have happened if Warnock had come here as he was supposed to. I think it probably would have ended in tears with Warnock getting frustrated and leaving either through being sacked or resignation... but you look at what he's done with Cardiff and can't help but think 'what if?' ...

I not a fan of him but his record is very good and his football isn't bad at all. 

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Now joint favourite. 

lets calm down here and chill out. 

manager betting odds are easy to change look at the Oxford United manager betting they were all over the place. 

Can I see Mowbray going to Ipswich? not really tbh when I think he has got here and the way he is allow to sign players and backed by the owners

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

manager betting odds are easy to change look at the Oxford United manager betting they were all over the place. 

Can I see Mowbray going to Ipswich? not really tbh when I think he has got here and the way he is allow to sign players and backed by the owners

I've got bigger things to worry about than Mowbray. If he gets us up he's done his job, if he doesn't then he hasn't.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fans don't want hoofball tho. that's what you get with McCarthy in charge. WBA fans had enough of Pulis hoofballand wanted change and got it just a shame that Pardew got the job after. Pulis did the same at Stoke and the fans got fed up with eventually . 

I expect WBA to sack Pardew in the summer when a clause can be activate and cost them less to sack him. (I would have done it by now cos they are down). I think in the summer WBA will appoint either Appleton or Pearson will be appoint. 

Now on to Stoke, Lambert has promotion on his CV and if they went down I would stick by him. 

but both need a overhaul of their squad and have players who know what the championship is about and played in it before

Just watch the games that's been on TV over the past 3 years of his team and when we played them they have been boring hoofball all the time. I watch the Norwich game with Ipswich and both teams were awful. Plus reading Ipswich fans complaining about him and his football for years

McCarthy is old school and hasn't learnt to develop his methods, tactics, style of play and philosophy over the years. He has got a good team there and a team that could play more attacking and score goals. I can understand the fans being unhappy and wanting change of ways there. 

I not a fan of him but his record is very good and his football isn't bad at all. 

He played some of the most attractive football I have ever seen Ireland play at the 2002 world cup, so I'm not sure what you mean about methods, tactics and style of play being old school. Granted we had Duff, Keane(for a while), Finnan along with the rest of the squad playing top 10 premier league football, but they played great football. Would have beaten Spain in the last 16 only for Ian Harte missing a penalty near the end to make it 2-1 

Are you talking about the same Ipswich team as me? What good players are you referring to? 

So, you are basing it on all the Ipswich games you have seen on TV over the past 3 years? Whats that ,about 3 games? Sounds more like you are basing it on what some Ipswich fans are saying. In my opinion those fans are in for a rude awakening if the level of funding remains the same. They will be far closer to relegation unless they make a very shrewd appointment, get it wrong and they are in big trouble.  

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

44 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He played some of the most attractive football I have ever seen Ireland play at the 2002 world cup, so I'm not sure what you mean about methods, tactics and style of play being old school. Granted we had Duff, Keane(for a while), Finnan along with the rest of the squad playing top 10 premier league football, but they played great football. Would have beaten Spain in the last 16 only for Ian Harte missing a penalty near the end to make it 2-1 

Are you talking about the same Ipswich team as me? What good players are you referring to? 

So, you are basing it on all the Ipswich games you have seen on TV over the past 3 years? Whats that ,about 3 games? Sounds more like you are basing it on what some Ipswich fans are saying. In my opinion those fans are in for a rude awakening if the level of funding remains the same. They will be far closer to relegation unless they make a very shrewd appointment, get it wrong and they are in big trouble.  

Thats 16 years ago. Bllmey. Football has change so much in the past 5 years let alone 16 years. 

Waghorn, Hyam, Chambers, Garner, McGoldrick plus some very good loan players aswell. 

Ive seen all football highlights each week from championship. Plus some fans comments. Ive listened to Talksport today whilst talking Ipswich and they fed up of McCarthy, his tactics and his antics towards the fans. 

56 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

no thanks. 

don't want to watch hoofball football

McCarthy's style, tactics and philosophy are out dated and not what we need

As opposed to the total football from Mowbray? McCarthy has done well in jobs at Wolves and Sunderland and despite having nothing to work with at Ipswich kept them as a stable Championship club. He also did well for Ireland in major tournaments.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Mick adjusts his style for the players he has at his disposal. Nobody could get a team as limited as Ipswich playing entertaining football. He's done a very good job keeping them stable and secure. It won't be a surprise to me if they're on their way to League 1 this time next season. 

• Like 2

Just now, DE. said:

Mick adjusts his style for the players he has at his disposal. Nobody could get a team as limited as Ipswich playing entertaining football. He's done a very good job keeping them stable and secure. It won't be a surprise to me if they're on their way to League 1 this time next season. 

I agree. It seems like there are a number of deluded Ipswich fans who think they will become the new Barcelona overnight. There are lots of similarities with some Rovers fans and Allardyce here.

Thats 16 years ago. Bllmey. Football has change so much in the past 5 years let alone 16 years. 

Waghorn, Hyam, Chambers, Garner, McGoldrick plus some very good loan players aswell. 

Ive seen all football highlights each week from championship. Plus some fans comments. Ive listened to Talksport today whilst talking Ipswich and they fed up of McCarthy, his tactics and his antics towards the fans. 

Chaddy, good, attractive football is what it is. If he did it 16 years ago, he was actually ahead of his time. 

Please don't name those players as quality and expect me to take your point seriously about him underachieving or playing a certain style with Ipswich. 

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Chaddy, good, attractive football is what it is. If he did it 16 years ago, he was actually ahead of his time. 

Please don't name those players as quality and expect me to take your point seriously about him underachieving or playing a certain style with Ipswich. 

What is even that attractive football back then? Dont remember being that good tbh. 

Never said underachieving did I? Another poster making comments up that I NEVER SAID!!!

I dont see some Ipswich fans missing him after some of his comments towards fans. Another Allardyce

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What is even that attractive football back then? Dont remember being that good tbh. 

Never said underachieving did I? Another poster making comments up that I NEVER SAID!!!

I dont see some Ipswich fans missing him after some of his comments towards fans. Another Allardyce

Attractive football back then was the same as attractive football now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good to see you agree that he is therefore a damm good manager.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Good to see you agree that he is therefore a damm good manager.

If thats your view fair enough. 

When I said another Allardyce I meant comments and reaction towards the fans. 

Look at what McCarthy has said towards fans and reaction to them. 

Managers do have a sell-by date though. Fans will only accept ‘stability’ or stagnation for so long before it stops being a steadying the ship exercise and there should be some progress.

Same applies to managers towards clubs. If it stops being a good fit then they have to part. It’s a shame though that there are several failed managers still doing the rounds who (their agents) keep getting gigs.

The manager carousel has stalled on spin. A few need to get off to let the next group join.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

From the 3 Ipswich games you have watched? 

You do know he has won the championship more than any other manager, right? 

McCarthy has done a great job at Ipswich on an absolute shoestring compared to other clubs. With no investment next season it may be a case of 'careful what you wish for' with the Ipswich fans. Coyle is free again. ;)

• Like 3

If thats your view fair enough. 

When I said another Allardyce I meant comments and reaction towards the fans. 

Look at what McCarthy has said towards fans and reaction to them. 

Both are strong personalities and will give as good as they get. Nothing wrong with that.

When McCarthy managed good players with Ireland he had a good footballing team and longball was for a simple reason, look at who they had as a striker.

Both Allardyce and McCarthy have managed well in the EFL environments they found themselves in.

Both top blokes.

As you say Chaddy it's all about different opinions, and why we all post :rover:

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1