BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

Sounds like he has had enough if this tweet by the chief football writer for the East Anglian Times is anything to go by. Hopefully Ipswich supporters get their champagne football on a tap room budget next season, I'll be putting a dollar or two on them getting relegated :)

BREAKING: Mick McCarthy has quit #itfc - Speaks for 3mins about game then says on reaction to Cotter sub: 'That was disgraceful reaction but listen I won't have to listen to it again because that's my last game, I'm out of here'. Bangs desk with hands and marches out press room

https://twitter.com/Stuart_Watson/status/983811521196126209

Edited by perthblue02

• Backroom

He's been dealing with it for months now, so a little surprising if tonight was the night that broke him. On the other hand, not much point in sticking around if you're going to get abuse even when you win matches. Just a bunch of dead rubbers left at this point anyway.

7 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Sounds like he has had enough if this tweet by the chief football writer for the East Anglian Times is anything to go by. Hopefully Ipswich supporters get their champagne football on a tap room budget next season, I'll be putting a dollar or two on them getting relegated :)

BREAKING: Mick McCarthy has quit #itfc - Speaks for 3mins about game then says on reaction to Cotter sub: 'That was disgraceful reaction but listen I won't have to listen to it again because that's my last game, I'm out of here'. Bangs desk with hands and marches out press room

https://twitter.com/Stuart_Watson/status/983811521196126209

Good for him. I understand the frustration of having to watch shyte football but he hasn't had a pot to piss in and they're going to finish in a very respectable position. There was an Ipswich fan interviewed the t'other week saying he was sick of people saying 'careful what you wish for' with regards to them wanting him out. All I'd say to him is 'careful what you wish for'

• Like 2

Ipswich's owner, who usually stays in the shadows and doesn't speak, has unusually commented on their website about the managerial search, saying he doesn't expect to appoint anyone before the summer, but can't rule it out, but that the summer would be best 'as a lot can happen at the end of a season with managers'

Perhaps suggests he has his eye on someone currently employed and might be waiting until that person finishes the season and then comes available in the summer.

Nice of Jim to speak for the whole fanbase. :rolleyes:.

Reckon there's some argument for McCarthy being a better manager but I can't help wondering if he's just gone stale. He's getting a bit older and you can't help feeling perhaps another promotion could be beyond him. I'm in 2 minds on the remarks as the fans as I've liked some of his blunt speaking in the past (since it's without ego or being a straight up jackass) and dry humor but I can understand their frustration as well. 

I'm fed up of "be careful what you wish for" as an excuse of attacking anyone who has aspiration or ambition. As someone said in a comments section (on one of the local media sites down there) what are they supposed to do aspire to be boring for another 16 years? 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No thanks. Dont want his style or tactics at Ewood. 

He end up at Barnsley next season in league 1 when they get relegated

He had Ipswich playing some ok football and was getting them  in and around the playoffs before they sold his two best players in Mings to Bournemouth and Murphy to Newcastle two player's McCarthy brought to the club that they sold on for 15 million. I think they paid something like 10 grand for Mings and sold him on for between 8-10 million and then sold Murphy to Newcastle for 5 and Mcarthy saw hardly any of that profit invested back into his transfer kitty.He did a very good job,he spent a pittance and made the club good money and kept them comfortable. They should be getting angry with the owner for not giving McCarthy a bit of cash especially with the profit on those two 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

He had Ipswich playing some ok football and was getting them  in and around the playoffs before they sold his two best players in Mings to Bournemouth and Murphy to Newcastle two player's McCarthy brought to the club that they sold on for 15 million. I think they paid something like 10 grand for Mings and sold him on for between 8-10 million and then sold Murphy to Newcastle for 5 and Mcarthy saw hardly any of that profit invested back into his transfer kitty.He did a very good job,he spent a pittance and made the club good money and kept them comfortable. They should be getting angry with the owner for not giving McCarthy a bit of cash especially with the profit on those two 

I think fans are mad with Evans their owner aswell as McCarthy.

You make good point about 2 players sold and no money invested. 

I just think Ipswich could have done better with better football and different signings

• Backroom

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

No thanks. Dont want his style or tactics at Ewood. 

He end up at Barnsley next season in league 1 when they get relegated

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Will he? Say who?

States an opinion as fact then calls out someone for stating an opinion as fact in the next post!

• Like 2

• Backroom
11 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

I'm fed up of "be careful what you wish for" as an excuse of attacking anyone who has aspiration or ambition. As someone said in a comments section (on one of the local media sites down there) what are they supposed to do aspire to be boring for another 16 years? 

The fans should be looking to get rid of the owner then, not the manager, else it's just rearranging deckchairs on the titanic.

• Like 1