BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2017/18

5 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bringing David Dunn back made sense, bringing Jason Lowe back, does not. I wouldn't be surprise if he eventually found his level and ended up in League 1 

League 1 is way above Jason Lowe's level. 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Bringing David Dunn back made sense, bringing Jason Lowe back, does not. I wouldn't be surprise if he eventually found his level and ended up in League 1 

I assume you mean bringing him back from Birmingham and not after being shockingly fired by Oldham. Certainly to say it made more sense than Lowe is an understatement but I remember being abused at the time simply for noting he had a poor injury record. Any manager recruiting Lowe may as well hand in a suicide note. As I said once recently he might as well follow his managers around wearing a black hood and carrying a scythe. "Now I am become death, the destroyer of managers".

21 hours ago, Tom said:

I’ll be honest I had forgotten that Ben Marshall existed till I saw the previous page.

At least he looks like he’s using his talents again.

People like that can't be trusted.

Edited by Vinjay17

10 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

I assume you mean bringing him back from Birmingham and not after being shockingly fired by Oldham. Certainly to say it made more sense than Lowe is an understatement but I remember being abused at the time simply for noting he had a poor injury record. Any manager recruiting Lowe may as well hand in a suicide note. As I said once recently he might as well follow his managers around wearing a black hood and carrying a scythe. "Now I am become death, the destroyer of managers".

People like that can't be trusted.

Yes, I meant when we took him back form Birmingham as a player 

• Backroom

Wolves beat Cardiff 1-0 at Cardiff tonight.

Cardiff got a 93rd minute penalty that was saved then they got a 95th minute penalty which Hoilett hit against the bar.

The ref blew for full time and the wolves bench ran on to celebrate.

Warnocks spat his dummy out calling the opposition manager a total disgrace.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom said:

Wolves beat Cardiff 1-0 at Cardiff tonight.

Cardiff got a 93rd minute penalty that was saved then they got a 95th minute penalty which Hoilett hit against the bar.

The ref blew for full time and the wolves bench ran on to celebrate.

Warnocks spat his dummy out calling the opposition manager a total disgrace.

He should have shook hands with warnock first, that's the etiquette. I can understand why he was pissed. Although it wouldn't take much after missing two penalties in extra time. What a finish to the game 

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He should have shook hands with warnock first, that's the etiquette. I can understand why he was pissed. Although it wouldn't take much after missing two penalties in extra time. What a finish to the game 

Screw etiquette it’s not like Warnock is a bastion of virtue is it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It wasn't the fact he didn't shake hands hands with Warnock that riled him. Quite simply it was that Warnock team lost and the circumstances. Warnock is a nasty piece of work and has a litany of previous for upsetting opposing managers, players and supporters.

I honestly don't get this handshake nonsense between players and managers. The fair play handshake happens and then some players spend the next ninety minutes trying to get each other booked, diving and haranguing the referee.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Screw etiquette it’s not like Warnock is a bastion of virtue is it?

No, but he is entitled to be pissed off. I would be too. Would you not? 

The wolves manager was very apologetic, so he knows he should have shook hands and showed respect before running  to celebrate with his players

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I like Warnock. Speaks his mind. So what if he likes a moan don't we all. 

If he was manager here we would all love him and defend him to the heights 

I agreed with him on his remarks about Derby County that's for sure. Used him as an example but also made it clear I wasn't praying for his appointment. OK it would have been acceptable (compared to other terrible candidates on the list) but I've never liked him much overall. Still have to point out the rumour that he only wanted to work a couple of days a week. I also pointed out that Tan probably isn't allowing that. Might be paying him way more than Rovers offered though. One of the reasons they chose Coyle was because he came cheaper. I'm guessing Mowbray came cheaper as well.

I also had issues with his age. OK people can stay in management over 70 (and Bobby Robson was appointed at Newcastle approaching that age and I certainly liked him more than Warnock) but I'm sure he's claimed Cardiff will be his last job. 

Some people would be hypocritical perhaps yes. I wouldn't be though. If Sven for instance had been brought in (he was linked in 2012 though there was probably nothing in it) it would have disgusted me because of how he disrespected Jack and the club before. Others would have accepted him though without a problem no doubt about it.

Edited by Vinjay17

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I like Warnock. Speaks his mind. So what if he likes a moan don't we all. 

If he was manager here we would all love him and defend him to the heights 

I wouldn't.

There are lots of players and managers, current and ex who dislike him. He is a nasty piece who is prone to the odd bout of cheating.

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, but he is entitled to be pissed off. I would be too. Would you not? 

The wolves manager was very apologetic, so he knows he should have shook hands and showed respect before running  to celebrate with his players

I don’t think he’s entitled to be as such due to a celebration but then again we all have the right to be big Whingey baby pants when things don’t go our way - I know I exercise that right quite often!

• Like 1

Just now, Tom said:

I don’t think he’s entitled to be as such due to a celebration but then again we all have the right to be big Whingey baby pants when things don’t go our way - I know I exercise that right quite often!

His side had just missed two penalties in extra time at home, which basically meant they won't win the championship and are now still looking over their shoulders at a flying Fulham. 

He was actually pretty restrained if you ask me :)

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

His side had just missed two penalties in extra time at home, which basically meant they won't win the championship and are now still looking over their shoulders at a flying Fulham. 

He was actually pretty restrained if you ask me :)

Why shouldn't they celebrate? I would have laughed at Cardiff had I been watching that game. Not Wolves fault they didn't score either of them. I don't know if the keeper saved them but if he did even more cause for celebration. Warnock also made digs at Santo not being British which is incredibly patronising. Santo should hit back and tell him to shut the hell up.

Edited by Vinjay17

Just now, arbitro said:

What a childish thing to say.

Indeed. Perhaps BDS would say to someone who's just had their whole family murdered at least they didn't have Coyle as manager of their football club. :lol: Completely irrelevant. I haven't missed the irony that saying this is rather childish too lol.

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I wouldn't.

There are lots of players and managers, current and ex who dislike him. He is a nasty piece who is prone to the odd bout of cheating.

He got Djouf thrown out of Rovers. I blame  Venkys most for not standing by their own player but I suspect they were glad of the excuse. After all they were getting rid of everyone else! Totally cynical of Warnock.

Gets results but couldn't ever like him.

Would have had him instead of Coyle I admit but would have had the Queen Mother ahead of Coyle.

Just now, 47er said:

He got Djouf thrown out of Rovers. I blame  Venkys most for not standing by their own player but I suspect they were glad of the excuse. After all they were getting rid of everyone else! Totally cynical of Warnock.

Gets results but couldn't ever like him.

Would have had him instead of Coyle I admit but would have had the Queen Mother ahead of Coyle.

He then signed Diouf for Leeds having called him a 'sewer rat' after the Givet and Mackie incident. Warnock is a walking hypocrisy.

• Like 2