SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Joe Nuttall

Stuart

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Stuart said:

Would be good if you could remind me of some of those sitters though.

First half - Nyambe put one over from about 2 yards out from a corner; Dack headed wide from the edge of the 6 yard-box dead centre of the goal; Bennett volleyed one over from about penalty-spot when it rebounded back out to him (perhaps harsh to call that one a sitter, but I would expect him to hit the target at least)

Second half - Antonsson put one over when he had a virtually open goal to aim at; Gladwin failed to score right at the death despite it being harder to miss

Any one of those goes in and we win the match (in my opinion) and changes the perspective on here of how well we performed. No-one's saying it was a great performance or that we carved them open time and again (always difficult when they have 9 men camped in and around their own box) but we definitely created enough to have won that game comfortably, and I'm not sure that Mowbray's tactics, personality or anything else he did really contributed to those players failing to hit the target.

The Oldham game on the other hand...

4 hours ago, tomphil said:

It'll be interesting if he gets a spot on the bench now or not, no excuse really striker for striker but somehow I think it will be swerved. Who'd be surprised if he picks up a knock in training this week ;)

Leading to more raised eyebrow questions and theories and nudging raging 'Anti Conspiracy' theorist Biz nearer to his final complete meltdown :D

BRING IT ON!!!

Just now, philipl said:

Which is something hugely amiss.

Why? We've had plenty of players perform at u23 who aren't ready for selection.

You could easily argue the case for 5/6 youngsters along with Nuttall.

33 minutes ago, Biz said:

Because we are down to three strikers and Mowbray seems to like having two on the bench. 

Mowbray admitted it could hand Nuttall the chance.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15611675._I_can___t_stand_here_and_defend_that____Tony_Mowbray_on_the_red_card_shown_to_Rovers_striker_Dominic_Samuel/?ref=mr&lp=5

Just now, arbitro said:

Because we are down to three strikers and Mowbray seems to like having two on the bench. 

Mowbray admitted it could hand Nuttall the chance.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15611675._I_can___t_stand_here_and_defend_that____Tony_Mowbray_on_the_red_card_shown_to_Rovers_striker_Dominic_Samuel/?ref=mr&lp=5

Fair point but I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to give that spot to someone else like Tomlinson or Hardcastle, whilst having Antonsson and Gladwin on the bench who can play upfront.

43 minutes ago, Biz said:

You are showing your ignorance. I suggest you sit this one out rather than just being contrary for the sake of it.

Just now, Biz said:

Fair point but I wouldn't be surprised if he decided to give that spot to someone else like Tomlinson or Hardcastle, whilst having Antonsson and Gladwin on the bench who can play upfront.

Again. What have you seen in Gladwin that makes him a better option than Nuttall off the bench? You are turning into Son of Chaddy.

Have you even seen Nuttall aside from the Checkatrade cameo?

Just now, Stuart said:

Again. What have you seen in Gladwin that makes him a better option than Nuttall off the bench? You are turning into Son of Chaddy.

Have you even seen Nuttall aside from the Checkatrade cameo?

I've seen some highlights, but I've seen more of Gladwin. I think Ben could be a decent player if he can get some confidence. 

Can we keep the "son of Chaddy" and "being contrary for the sake of it" stuff out of a discussion? It makes you look stupid because you can't accept the opinion that I don't "get" the furore or suggestion of "dark forces at play".

1 hour ago, Biz said:

I've seen some highlights, but I've seen more of Gladwin. I think Ben could be a decent player if he can get some confidence. 

Can we keep the "son of Chaddy" and "being contrary for the sake of it" stuff out of a discussion? It makes you look stupid because you can't accept the opinion that I don't "get" the furore or suggestion of "dark forces at play".

We could keep the "bile" and "fantasist" remarks out while we are at it.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

Makes me look stupid? :lol:

You’ve become a caricature of yourself with the constant need to be contrarian.

Back to the topic. You really need to watch both players if you are going to make a credible comparison.

Gladwin has shown nothing and is a lower league journeyman already! Nuttall has a future and is unlikely to develop further at this club under Mowbray. He’s the next soon to be “ungrateful greedy mercenary” by the blue-misers who can’t see past their so-called loyalty to the incumbents. It’s no wonder Mahoney got out once Lambert left. I’m half expecting Mowbray to put Nuttall out on loan in January to get him some experience make the problem go away.

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

We could keep the "bile" and "fantasist" remarks out while we are at it.

And with that one he even missed the point I was making. Nothing to do with dark forces in my post, just a stubborn fool. (Mowbray, not Biz - in case that wasn’t clear :unsure: ).

45 minutes ago, Stuart said:

And with that one he even missed the point I was making. Nothing to do with dark forces in my post, just a stubborn fool. (Mowbray, not Biz - in case that wasn’t clear :unsure: ).

Its funny how a player thats hardly ever been seen by the vast majority of this site suddenly becomes a world beater over night? 

Mowbray sees him week in week out and doesn't think he's ready, he was awful like the rest of them against Bury, why would anyone other than Philipl and his conspiracy theories see that as being unreasonable? 

He's playing in the dev squad of a 3rd division club, the way he's talked about on here he should have been snapped up by Chelsea by now?

Blueboys paid to pack boxes, Stuarts paid to arrange flowers, I'm paid to sweep the streets and Mowbrays paid to manage a football club - Its an easy one to work out surly, but I highlighted it anyway :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Its funny how a player thats hardly ever been seen by the vast majority of this site suddenly becomes a world beater over night? 

Mowbray sees him week in week out and doesn't think he's ready, he was awful like the rest of them against Bury, why would anyone other than Philipl and his conspiracy theories see that as being unreasonable? 

He's playing in the dev squad of a 3rd division club, the way he's talked about on here he should have been snapped up by Chelsea by now?

Blueboys paid to pack boxes, Stuarts paid to arrange flowers, I'm paid to sweep the streets and Mowbrays paid to manage a football club - Its an easy one to work out surly, but I highlighted it anyway :rolleyes:

WTF are you on about? Arranging flowers? Have you hit your head or something?

That’s just a post of smoke and mirrors - and nonsense.

So every football manager is automatically right and every football fan wrong? I guess that’s why none of them ever get sacked. :rolleyes: 

HowTF is wanting a 13 goal (by October!) reserve striker to have a place on a League One bench the same as him being touted for Chelsea? Christ almighty. If he believes Nuttall isn’t ready for that but Harper, Hart and Gladwin are then I am entitled to question Mowbray’s decision making. Mowbray has been given a complete free pass both for his part our relegation and his previous League One record.

But as I’ve said before, the only way he wins this argument is promotion.

9 minutes ago, Stuart said:

WTF are you on about? Arranging flowers? Have you hit your head or something?

That’s just a post of smoke and mirrors - and nonsense.

So every football manager is automatically right and every football fan wrong? I guess that’s why none of them ever get sacked. :rolleyes: 

HowTF is wanting a 13 goal (by October!) reserve striker to have a place on a League One bench the same as him being touted for Chelsea? Christ almighty. If he believes Nuttall isn’t ready for that but Harper, Hart and Gladwin are then I am entitled to question Mowbray’s decision making. Mowbray has been given a complete free pass both for his part our relegation and his previous League One record.

But as I’ve said before, the only way he wins this argument is promotion.

Risky post, you know what happens when posters have a pop at Gav....

The guy is a scoring for fun against the development squads of Championship and Premier League clubs.

That suggests he will be worth a bench spot during Samuel's three match ban (it was a straight red).

Some forward players have been absolute flops when given a chance from prolific youth form, some have done very well scoring vital goals for a while then faded (Paul Round, Paul Gallagher, Matty Derbyshire) and one became our all time leading goal scorer... 

Archived