BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, frosty said:

I cannot understand why our biggest threat is sat on the bench for 70 minutes. You'd be delighted as a full back to face Antonsson (a striker), Conway (past his best unfortunately) or Bennett (what does he offer?) - what are they going to create? Get Chapman starting.

Antonsson had the beaten of their right back all night. kept beating his with skill and pace. clearly you miss this? 

Chapman did the same

Just now, frosty said:

:lol:

clueless Idiot

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

Absolutely dominated the game tonight from start to finish, 25 shots I think we had, but some terrible finishing, should have easily scored 5/6 and conceded a worldly at the other end.

If we play like that for the rest of the season we'll win far more than we'll lose.

Decent performance. 

Gav we were rank bad against the bottom of the table team struggling to raise a side.. Time for Mowbray and the clown venus to go 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Antonsson had the beaten of their right back all night. kept beating his with skill and pace. clearly you miss this? 

Chapman did the same

clueless Idiot

The only Clueless idiot is you Chaddy.. Defending a manager that you didn't even want... 

Tonight we played very decent and should have won the game before the game before we conceded but some very poor finishing cost us the game from the players NOT Tony Mowbray. 

we passed the ball and created chance after chance. we have 25 shots tonight and 4 on target and 10 blocked. No point playing long ball all the time against a team so deep and with 2 tall centre backs. 

Nyambe, Dack(3 good chances first half) Antonsson, Whittingham, Chapman, Samuel, Gladwin who has good chances to score and didn't. 

The line up was correct today from 1 player for me and we created enough chances and openings to win 2 or 3 games. 

Anyone asking for Mowbray to be sack after tonight is clueless and talking out of the back side. 

if we keep playing like we did tonight we will wins a lot more games and get top 2. 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tonight we played very decent and should have won the game before the game before we conceded but some very poor finishing cost us the game from the players NOT Tony Mowbray. 

I'm sorry Chaddy but if your manager is playing one up front at home against the bottom of the league then he certainly shoulders some of the blame.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

That isn't the Mowbray way. One up front. Sideways passing because there is no one up front to pass to. Then chuck Chapman on the pitch on his less favoured side when it gets desperate. Rinse and repeat.

playing 1 up front tonight wasn't the problem, the finishing was. 

How the hell cant you see this? Maybe try watching the game properly and you will see this

:lol::lol:

Hahahahaha we failed to beat bottom of the league. FFS!!

we had another chances to win the game. Players I named missed good chances. 

but our attacking play were good until the finishing

He did 2nd half, he was building up ahead of steam.  So why did Mowbray move him to the right where he instantly disappeared. And why bring Chapman on the left when he has had more impact on the right? I'll tell you why. Mowbray is a muppet.

I am absolutely fuming. A gutless bunch of sideways passing, walking-paced, cowardly shirkers. There was barely a person on that field who wanted to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Every time we crossed that halfway line in the second half, they either pulled it back or did a crap chip into the box where it didn't have the power to reach the danger areas or if it Did, nobody wanted to risk a bruise to challenge properly for it. The glorified child who was the replacement goalkeeper was bricking it for the first quarter of an hour - but not once did we rough him up or test him. Instead, we nurtured him for forty minutes and let him grow in confidence until he was ready to make a couple of half decent saves.

Also, where the hell is the composure in front of goal? Awful heading, woeful lashings at goal when you simply need to curl the ball at passing speed or then underhitting shots from 5 yards when the defenders should be given no chance.

Absolutely livid with that. Utter crap. They should be ashamed for throwing aeay more points due to being bone-idle bottlers.

Chapman did the same

clueless Idiot

How can you call anyone a clueless idiot with the borderline illiterate posts you come out with sometimes? Those in glass houses and all that.

1-1 with Plymouth isn't good enough. Baffling subs and pedestrian football.

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

We only have one tackler in the team and on several occasions he has been taken off and a reshuffle of several personnel to accommodate this. I get that he was cautioned (as he was on Saturday) but for players like him bookings are an occupational hazard. If he gets another yellow card so be it. That was not the reason why we didn't win but it's an example of some of Mowbrays flawed logic.

Elliot Bennett got a new deal last week and since then has probably put in his worst back to back games. Another in the comfort zone? 

Couldn't agree more about Smallwood.  He has to be kept on the pitch no matter what.  As for Bennett, I think one of the problems is that he is being asked to play three positions every game.  Starts on the wing, he's then moved inside and tonight, at one point, he seemed to be playing right-back.  Nyambe is a right back being played at centre-back.  Totally down to the manager who seems to overthink everything.  The finishing tonight was appalling and illustrated just how technically limited a number of our players really are.  The number of chances that went over the bar was unbelievable and Gladwin's pathetic attempt at the end was simply pitiful.  Once again, the build up was pedestrian and far too slow and measured which gave Plymouth the chance to put everyone behind the ball.  There can be no excuses tonight.  This was a makeshift Plymouth side and we simply weren't good enough to beat them.  

55 minutes ago, Mercer said:

When do you think this will happen Chaddy?

I thought we were bad at Oldham on Saturday but never in my worst nightmares could I envisage us failing to beat a rock bottom Plymouth, who have only won one league game all season, at home.

There can be little doubt now that Mowbray has to go.  I think his hands on the reigns are already slipping.  When I saw that starting 11 tonight my first thought was Mowbray had not picked the team.  I might be wrong but it feels to me that something isn't right at Brockhall/Ewood.

It won't happen as long as Pasha and his friends are involved.. 

Very poor and predictable, no one brave enough, Bennet especially. Too many aimless balls into the box, yes there were chances but seriously, absolute dross.Mowbray on borrowed time, too negative and you can't football your way out of this division without height, pace and strength.

we passed the ball and created chance after chance. we have 25 shots tonight and 4 on target and 10 blocked. No point playing long ball all the time against a team so deep and with 2 tall centre backs. 

Nyambe, Dack(3 good chances first half) Antonsson, Whittingham, Chapman, Samuel, Gladwin who has good chances to score and didn't. 

The line up was correct today from 1 player for me and we created enough chances and openings to win 2 or 3 games. 

Anyone asking for Mowbray to be sack after tonight is clueless and talking out of the back side. 

if we keep playing like we did tonight we will wins a lot more games and get top 2. 

Oh Chaddy, you're so predictable, you have obviously just read what Mowbray said to the reporter after the game.

Some of it, is word for word, infact, it you were doing an exam you'd be done for cheating.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

clueless Idiot

So why did Mowbray then move him to the right?

And why did he put Chapman on the left when he has set several goals up from the right wing in previous games?

That is not good tactics.

How the hell cant you see this???

clueless idiot.

playing 1 up front tonight wasn't the problem, the finishing was. 

How the hell cant you see this? Maybe try watching the game properly and you will see this

we had another chances to win the game. Players I named missed good chances. 

but our attacking play were good until the finishing

Patronising toad. You keep happy-clapping a manager who is failing miserably.  

insult me all you want Athlete but I couldn't give a monkey toss what you think. 

Brilliant... You didn't even want TM has manager or have you forgotten.. I'm not insulting you Btw you've done that yourself 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Couldn't agree more about Smallwood.  He has to be kept on the pitch no matter what.  As for Bennett, I think one of the problems is that he is being asked to play three positions every game.  Starts on the wing, he's then moved inside and tonight, at one point, he seemed to be playing right-back.  Nyambe is a right back being played at centre-back.  Totally down to the manager who seems to overthink everything.  The finishing tonight was appalling and illustrated just how technically limited a number of our players really are.  The number of chances that went over the bar was unbelievable and Gladwin's pathetic attempt at the end was simply pitiful.  Once again, the build up was pedestrian and far too slow and measured which gave Plymouth the chance to put everyone behind the ball.  There can be no excuses tonight.  This was a makeshift Plymouth side and we simply weren't good enough to beat them.  

Agree on Bennett. Suffering from being a jack of all trades. When Evans is back I would get Bennett on one side and Chapman on the other.

5 minutes ago, Athlete said:

Gav we were rank bad against the bottom of the table team struggling to raise a side.. Time for Mowbray and the clown venus to go 

Sorry pal but I couldn't disagree more, we battered them tonight,  poor finishing cost us, not sure what the manager can do about that other than more shooting practice!

But we should be beating Plymouth at home, no doubt about that. 

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Oh Chaddy, you're so predictable, you have obviously just read what Mowbray said to the reporter after the game.

Some of it, is word for word, infact, it you were doing an exam you'd be done for cheating.

NOT READ A WORD MOWBRAY has said but another clueless idiot with personal dig yet again. so predictable and 

Patronising toad. You keep happy-clapping a manager who is failing miserably.  

we are 2 points of the top 6 with 2 games in hand. 

created chances after chances. 

its the players who miss the chances not the manager

Just now, Gav said:

Sorry pal but I couldn't disagree more, we battered them tonight,  poor finishing cost us, not sure what the manager can do about that other than more shooting practice!

But we should be beating Plymouth at home.

A results driven business.. Patience is wearing thin at Ewood with TM 

NOT READ A WORD MOWBRAY has said but another clueless idiot with personal dig yet again. so predictable and 

we are 2 points of the top 6 with 2 games in hand. 

created chances after chances. 

its the players who miss the chances not the manager

Players bought by the manager. Like Gladwin. You haven't got a clue Chaddy. You just repeat what Mowbray says.

Just now, Gav said:

But we should be beating Plymouth at home, no doubt about that. 

Gav, certain posters have their own negative views and cant be told anything cos they always have to be right. #

Your post above is spot on but some posters will never see it our way. don't bother about them cos its totally and utter pointless

Archived