BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers FC v Plymouth Argyle FC

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

When do you think this will happen Chaddy?

I thought we were bad at Oldham on Saturday but never in my worst nightmares could I envisage us failing to beat a rock bottom Plymouth, who have only won one league game all season, at home.

There can be little doubt now that Mowbray has to go.  I think his hands on the reigns are already slipping.  When I saw that starting 11 tonight my first thought was Mowbray had not picked the team.  I might be wrong but it feels to me that something isn't right at Brockhall/Ewood.

It's a bloody holiday camp probably and I bet certain agents hang around there constantly making sure certain players are always in the mix however they are performing. Can be the only explanation it happens time and time again whoever is boss, if Mowbray really is keeping picking a Leeds loanee and finding a position for him at the expense of others without being told he has to he's a bigger empty head than he's appearing to be.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought Antonsson looked great in the second half down the left cutting inside, really had the bit between his teeth. Mowbray then decided to bring on Chapman and stick Antonsson on the right, thought we lost a little bit of momentum after that.. I think in Antonsson and Chapman though we could have two very tidy widemen. 

Danny Graham looks spent, so does the Caddis. Whittingham has a fantastic range of passing, could be a real asset but our movement off the ball is dire. So slow and laboured in position, I feel for Mowbray, you can see his frustration on the sidelines, it is his side though!

Just now, OJRovers said:

I was told that Byrne wasn't picked last season because it would trigger payments to City, could be the same for Chapman.

Mowbray talks a lot about young players but rarely feckin selects them.

Is anyone telling me that the likes of Platt, Doyle, Tomlinson, Nuttall and Chapman would be anything less effective than the current crock of s h y t e masquerading in the blue and white shirt.

Just now, OJRovers said:

I was told that Byrne wasn't picked last season because it would trigger payments to City, could be the same for Chapman.

Mowbray said he hadn't spent up his budget at the fans meeting, I don't believe the reason for Chapman not starting is down to finances.It's Mowbray just not having the stones to play youth.He wants to keep the under performing senior players happy

Just now, Lie_still_Rover said:

Thought Antonsson looked great in the second half down the left cutting inside, really had the bit between his teeth. Mowbray then decided to bring on Chapman and stick Antonsson on the right, thought we lost a little bit of momentum after that.. I think in Antonsson and Chapman though we could have two very tidy widemen. 

Couldn’t disagree more. Antonsson flattered to deceive with no end product and was in their right back’s pocket most of the time. Chapman in contrast frightened them to death and even when they were doubling up on him he kept getting in. Trouble is he has absolutely no left foot.

Meanwhile, in other news (childish, I know!)...

032A25BA-D104-40AE-AD38-40DAF05005E2.jpeg

It's not the league table that worries me as on paper, if we were too win our 2 games in hand we'd only be 6 points off 2nd. It's the manner of our performances which have been the biggest concern since the bloody start of the season! If Mowbray got the chop I wouldn't be too bothered but nobody worth their salt will be interested in the job and the same old cycle will start again. Can't be bothered with this football club anymore too be honest :lol: 

We only have one tackler in the team and on several occasions he has been taken off and a reshuffle of several personnel to accommodate this. I get that he was cautioned (as he was on Saturday) but for players like him bookings are an occupational hazard. If he gets another yellow card so be it. That was not the reason why we didn't win but it's an example of some of Mowbrays flawed logic.

Elliot Bennett got a new deal last week and since then has probably put in his worst back to back games. Another in the comfort zone? 

Just now, Stuart said:

Chapman in contrast frightened them to death and even when they were doubling up on him he kept getting in. Trouble is he has absolutely no left foot.

I said this on Saturday.

He set Samuels goal against Rotherham up, and Dacks against Shrewsbury, playing on the right wing. Since then he's been shifted to the left.

Absolutely dominated the game tonight from start to finish, 25 shots I think we had, but some terrible finishing, should have easily scored 5/6 and conceded a worldly at the other end.

If we play like that for the rest of the season we'll win far more than we'll lose.

Decent performance. 

Just now, Gav said:

Absolutely dominated the game tonight from start to finish, 25 shots I think we had, but some terrible finishing, should have easily scored 5/6 and conceded a worldly at the other end.

If we play like that for the rest of the season we'll win far more than we'll lose.

Decent performance. 

We played nothing. And couldn't win. We've played the same way all season and have already lost 5. Play like that all season and we might finish tenth. What was it you used to say about dumbed down expectations?

Chapman is absolutely brilliant! I think we look like a side that needs some youthful exuberance and pace.. 

Chapman isn't good enough defensively to start games.

Our defence isn't actually good enough defensively either but they seem to be allowed to get away with it. :P

Best gauge of our season so far is that we have been so under par that a fan base unceremoniously behind Mowbray in August is now almost entirely in favour of him being sacked. If hes in the dugout on Saturday hes a lucky man.

Theres no attacking strategy whatsoever, what are they doing in training? You can tell they arent in a settled, consistent shape and arent working on attacking as a team in training. 

The second half was a desperate attempt to stick on as many attacking players as possible, often in unfamiliar positions again, in an attempt to just aimlessly get it forward even though we dont have the height to do that, we need to get down the sides. The sub of Gladwin for Whittingham, who was offering our main threat from corners, summed up Mowbrays brainless attempts at trying to stumble across a win.

Whittinghams left foot, despite already being written off as a player, is a class above but often he looked forward and there was no movement so its wasted.  I thought Graham, albeit clearly rusty, needs a run of games but showed occasional positive link up with Dack, especially for the goal. Obviously that was ruined when Dack was taken off.

The 2 wide men, in particular Antonsson were hopeless. Would bring in Chapman and Conway at the weekend. Dack is our most consistent attacking threat and he showed more intelligent link up briefly with Graham than he ever has with Samuel.

Nyambe was appalling, I know he was out of position but he has no intelligence, hes more of a liability than Ward. If Wharton and Downing miss Saturday Mowbray needs to show some balls and pick Platt, he may be untested but the only 2 alternatives are massive liabilities.

Caddis was man of the match for me. Williams needs to stop shooting from distance, and Raya made a couple of good saves but another big mistake. And god knows what he was doing with that save in the second half, it was straight at him.

42 minutes ago, Tom said:

Can anyone clarify as I didn't have the best view, was it a stunning save from a Raya second half?

For me it looked like he dived out of the way of a ball straight at him then made it into a stunning save, good strong arm though.

Cracking save 

Tonight we played very decent and should have won the game before the game before we conceded but some very poor finishing cost us the game from the players NOT Tony Mowbray. 

we passed the ball and created chance after chance. we have 25 shots tonight and 4 on target and 10 blocked. No point playing long ball all the time against a team so deep and with 2 tall centre backs. 

Nyambe, Dack(3 good chances first half) Antonsson, Whittingham, Chapman, Samuel, Gladwin who has good chances to score and didn't. 

The line up was correct today from 1 player for me and we created enough chances and openings to win 2 or 3 games. 

Anyone asking for Mowbray to be sack after tonight is clueless and talking out of the back side. 

if we keep playing like we did tonight we will wins a lot more games and get top 2. 

Chapman is absolutely brilliant! 

I cannot understand why our biggest threat is sat on the bench for 70 minutes. You'd be delighted as a full back to face Antonsson (a striker), Conway (past his best unfortunately) or Bennett (what does he offer?) - what are they going to create? Get Chapman starting.

Chapman is absolutely brilliant! I think we look like a side that needs some youthful exuberance and pace.. 

That isn't the Mowbray way. One up front. Sideways passing because there is no one up front to pass to. Then chuck Chapman on the pitch on his less favoured side when it gets desperate. Rinse and repeat.

Archived