BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stick with Mogga

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Teesside Steel said:

Amazed that you guys want shot despite being in the top 6. Being a big club means NOTHING. It took Sheffield United 6 YEARS to get out of that division. You've been ran appallingly for the best part of a decade and you have a stable manager who appears to be steadying what appears to be a sinking ship. The top two granted are miles ahead at the moment due to their blistering start, but Blackburn aren't far off 2pts average per game which is whats usually required for promotion. Im seeing calls for Grayson etc. I'd be very careful what you wish for. Changing your manager every 6 months does not work.

I see where your coming from and if we were sat midtable in the championship, I’d be ok with giving him more time.

The problem is, if we don’t go back up first time of asking, Venky will do the only thing they consistently do and that’s downgrade everything at the club, cut costs and turn off the taps with regards transfer fees.

Well sign nothing but freebies and loans and then end up midtable before the cycle repeats and we’re fighting relegation to league 2. 

Rinse, repeat. 

Time is simply not on our side and we either have to hold out hope that Mowbray can get us promoted or gamble and bring in someone else who might get more out of the squad.

TM hasn’t shown too much so far to suggest we will be giving Wigan or the Shrews much to worry about, so it’s only understandable that fans are looking to make a change.

We must get promoted this season.

Just now, Vinjay17 said:

I lost some respect for him after that. It was the act of a coward.

Bit harsh. Maybe it was a sensible decision he took and brave to admit he was low on confidence and didn't want to miss so let someone more confident take one rather than let the team down. 

5 hours ago, Teesside Steel said:

Nope. Can't believe your slagging him given what he did for your club.

Amen to that brother. Never known a better player for us get such grief off a largish proportion of the fan base.

Bit puzzled by your stance on TM though.  If you've correctly identified that he worries about the opposition far too much and as a result messes about too much with the line up, what makes you think we should stick with him and/or he can lead us to promotion?

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You said during this season that you'd prefer Graham now.

Over a season after Watt and Lambert.

A fit and work hard Graham. Sadly Graham is no longer he was. Hopefully we dont renew his contract. 

Nuttall did what Graham used to do. Ever since his fitness drop under Coyle he never been the same player

And I still would have Samuel has the 1st choice striker imo

3 hours ago, meadows said:

Only the second of his two late goals at Bolton was a last minute winner. Every other game he scored in (4 of them) Boro drew. He scored a late equaliser at MK Dons and a 70th minute leveller at Turf Moor. 

His record since the end of that season is 4 league goals and 2 League Cup goals in around 40 games 

£12m gamble paid off though didn't it. Nugent was first choice mind. Not Rhodes.

16 hours ago, Teesside Steel said:

Nope. Can't believe your slagging him given what he did for your club.

There are quite a few of us still around that did and still do respect Jordan for what he did for us.

Personally I think that he kept us in the Chamionship for longer than would otherwise have been the case.

Some wanted him out, some didn't. Some changed their opinions depending on the wind.

Remember this is Rovers where many wanted rid of Big Sam!

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

A fit and work hard Graham. Sadly Graham is no longer he was. Hopefully we dont renew his contract. 

Nuttall did what Graham used to do. Ever since his fitness drop under Coyle he never been the same player

And I still would have Samuel has the 1st choice striker imo

Except under COyle he scored goals! 

There is absolutely not one margin of credit to the argument that Rhodes wasn't a good player for us or that Graham has been a better player for us at any single point of his Rovers' career.

Rhodes was an outstanding, model professional during his time at Rovers. He hasn't seen this club in any other light than the one Venkys shone on it and he continued to score goals, ignore the speculation on him and do his talking on the pitch. He wasn't a player to take 3 on but his runs took players out of the game, his presence on the pitch took defenders away from other players and his partnership with Gestede was sublime.

He was the best striker we've had at this club since they came. I would love for a player with half of his ability to be leading our line now and, if he ever wants to come back, I'd welcome him back with open arms. I'm sure those slating him would too.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He never formed a true " partnership " with Gestede. They played together up front in the same team, that was it. They never gelled as a pair. Shearer and Sutton was a partnership as was McEvoy and Pickering or McEvoy and Byrom. 

Echo Dreams sentiments on Rhodes but agree with this as well they were chalk and cheese and not suited to gel in a footballing sense but the presence of the pair of them and the goals and finishes they produced between them was indeed sublime.

What a blatant waste of so many goals !   still at least they kept us up ;)

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He never formed a true " partnership " with Gestede. They played together up front in the same team, that was it. They never gelled as a pair. Shearer and Sutton was a partnership as was McEvoy and Pickering or McEvoy and Byrom. 

Gestede going put a stop to any endearing partnership being built but in their season together they were terrific. They weren't Yorke & Cole or going to play off each other like that but the way they played the game, maybe as you say individually, meant they complimented each other perfectly. It is in that respect I call it a partnership Tyrone. Had they another few years together I firmly believe they'd have tore defences apart, especially at Championship level.

The ball came in, the defenders focused on Gestede and Rhodes found the space. Then they knew they had to look at Rhodes and Gestede got that half a yard on his defender. Both were prolific and defences struggled to keep them out. Had we been able to defend they'd have almost certainly propelled us to play-off/promotion.

What made it was Cairney's delivery. The defenders knew that if the ball came in high they were struggling with Gestede but, just as easily, Cairney could put the ball on the floor for Rhodes and all he needed was an inch to get it out his feet and strike the ball as perfectly as he usually did. The combination of the two was great.

55 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Gestede and King would have great partnership for us and would have allow us to better chance of promotion than we did

Archived