BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stick with Mogga

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That is plain silly.

His management career only started in the 21st Century and now covers 7 Clubs.

Have they all been wrong.

I am not a big fan of TM btw, too cautious and a bit scared.

Wigan is a huge test for his tactics and nerve.

I'm sure you knew how to take it it or how it was meant. Mowbray managerial career has to date been poor and full of underperforming. He belongs in another era

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My prediction is outrage from fans Saturday and I will tell you why. He won't start Chapman. Conway will be back in to make things more solid. 

It will all come down to the result then as to how much pressure Mowbray will again be under. A 1-0 win and its all gravy, a defeat and people will ask why did he bottle it and change a winning and free flowing team 

Can see both Evans and Conway coming in for Whittingham and Chapman... I think that would be a big mistake.

8 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

Can see both Evans and Conway coming in for Whittingham and Chapman... I think that would be a big mistake.

He will look to solidify things and win 1-0. Anyone expecting anything else is set for disappointment. 

I think we should keep the same team as Saturday. I would prefer to lose giving it a go, than lose trying tom drudge out a 1-0

Having said all of that. If he does make the changes and we win, he will be vindicated. 

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My prediction is outrage from fans Saturday and I will tell you why. He won't start Chapman. Conway will be back in to make things more solid. 

It will all come down to the result then as to how much pressure Mowbray will again be under. A 1-0 win and its all gravy, a defeat and people will ask why did he bottle it and change a winning and free flowing team 

I'll be amazed too.

I'm fully expecting a repeat of the Oldham experience but with the difference being we'll really get hammered.

Hoping though that TM has sufficient faith and keeps a line up that both cheers us up and looks like we're set up to win!

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I'll be amazed too.

I'm fully expecting a repeat of the Oldham experience but with the difference being we'll really get hammered.

Hoping though that TM has sufficient faith and keeps a line up that both cheers us up and looks like we're set up to win!

I just don't know if he has it in him to start that team away from home against Wigan. I hope I am wrong 

6 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I just don't know if he has it in him to start that team away from home against Wigan. I hope I am wrong 

The thread from 'Mogga fan of Teeside' confirmed what we already suspected.

I just hope we set out from the off with real attitude to put the pie eaters in their place.

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yes, I agree for all sorts of reasons.

On form, Wigan look a good bet to beat us.

Then there is the symbolic resonance of this Wigan fixture for Rovers fans and managers. The DW Stadium is no stranger to Rovers fan fury. The ghosts of Ince and Kean will be sitting in the vacant seats, reserved for the visiting board members!

7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Spot on big dog. Al show me arse if he starts Chapman over Conway on Saturday. He will bottle it , we will lose, predictable

5 hours ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Then there is the symbolic resonance of this Wigan fixture for Rovers fans and managers. The DW Stadium is no stranger to Rovers fan fury. The ghosts of Ince and Kean will be sitting in the vacant seats, reserved for the visiting board members!

And Abbey will be outside to give the visiting Raos some serious grief if they ever turn up again. 

Mowbray's tactical ineptitude is becoming more and more apparent as the weeks go by. I find myself finding excuses for him though: "he's overthinking because he cares so much" has become my go to excuse for his failings. It's been a while since I've tried to justify a managers mistakes in my head and is testament how likeable TM is.

I'd love for him to manage us for 10+ years, take us to the Premier League and be an icon here. I just can't see it, sadly. He's going to have a run of losses either this year or next and he'll get potted. A man with integrity but not someone I can see lasting long at this club - probably for the better, too. A man like that is better well away from the freaks that are our decision makers.

He needs to set up the same way every week as possible like he did on Saturday. Let the opponents worry about our big threats such as Dack and Chapman from the off rather than setting up worrying too much about other teams. Get them on the front foot from the off and more often than not we should be out of sight before the end of the game and not have to worry about having 'impact' subs on the bench.

Will he? Like BDS said, I doubt it. It was almost like he fielded this way in desperation due to fans beginning to get on his back. Now that he has a win and will have brought some back onside - I have a feeling he will revert to type (especially against Wigan). We need to be lining up to win against Wigan as they are so far ahead - we need to be taking points off them, not just hoping to hang it out for a draw.

Chapman showed his class with that run and assist for the first goal and should be a starter whenever possible now. Dack too is really starting to show his worth. These two players are where our flair and creativity comes from, so should be the first names on the team sheet for me alongside Smallwood of course.

13 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

He needs to set up the same way every week as possible like he did on Saturday. Let the opponents worry about our big threats such as Dack and Chapman from the off rather than setting up worrying too much about other teams. Get them on the front foot from the off and more often than not we should be out of sight before the end of the game and not have to worry about having 'impact' subs on the bench.

Will he? Like BDS said, I doubt it. It was almost like he fielded this way in desperation due to fans beginning to get on his back. Now that he has a win and will have brought some back onside - I have a feeling he will revert to type (especially against Wigan). We need to be lining up to win against Wigan as they are so far ahead - we need to be taking points off them, not just hoping to hang it out for a draw.

Chapman showed his class with that run and assist for the first goal and should be a starter whenever possible now. Dack too is really starting to show his worth. These two players are where our flair and creativity comes from, so should be the first names on the team sheet for me alongside Smallwood of course.

The article below leads me to believe Mowbray will bring back Conway for Chapman. I would be surprised if he sets up to have us on the front foot and the 'expansive' play he has mentioned won't be in evidence on Saturday.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15613500.Rovers_Tony_Mowbray_explains_why_the_time_was_right_to_start_Middlesbrough_loanee_Harry_Chapman/?ref=mac

8 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The article below leads me to believe Mowbray will bring back Conway for Chapman. I would be surprised if he sets up to have us on the front foot and the 'expansive' play he has mentioned won't be in evidence on Saturday.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15613500.Rovers_Tony_Mowbray_explains_why_the_time_was_right_to_start_Middlesbrough_loanee_Harry_Chapman/?ref=mac

Its kind of backward logic though. In an 'open game' surely Chapmans perceived lack of tracking back and helping out defensively would leave us far more exposed? Additionally, playing against a team that are parking the bus, surely there would be little need for any kind of tracking back at all? So he starts him in 'open' games but not when teams park the bus? 

I would start him in both scenarios. We showed against an 'open' team what we can do to them but struggle against the bus parkers - so surely someone like Chapman that is direct, creative and has a few tricks and pace, would help us to unlock defenses.

18 minutes ago, arbitro said:

If Mowbray's comments are credible, he will start with Chapman at Wigan as surely that will be an open game with Wigan the home team coming at us.

However, like you, my gut feel is he will return to type and Chapman will only be introduced if and when we need a goal or two (ie we are trailing).

Just now, JacknOry said:

Its kind of backward logic though. In an 'open game' surely Chapmans perceived lack of tracking back and helping out defensively would leave us far more exposed? Additionally, playing against a team that are parking the bus, surely there would be little need for any kind of tracking back at all? So he starts him in 'open' games but not when teams park the bus? 

I would start him in both scenarios. We showed against an 'open' team what we can do to them but struggle against the bus parkers - so surely someone like Chapman that is direct, creative and has a few tricks and pace, would help us to unlock defenses.

I'm with you. I do think though that Mowbray will perceive this as a must not lose game and by getting at least a draw will stop them increasing the points gap. I would rather really get at them from the off, go for the win and reduce the gap to nine points still with two games in hand.

Wigan are a good side and these games are a good bet for defeat wherever you are in the league never mind our paltry record there over the last decade so it's a tough one to judge on.

If players and manager hadn't dropped so many @#/? so far this season then we could ride out a loss here as long as they have a go but the position some bad defeats have put us in in terms of chasing promotion plus the postponements means we have to go for it in every game. Fully expect a damage limitation effort from the off again which will play into their hands but if we have a go and maybe get in front it could be a right old ding dong.

Another effort like Oldham and they can all expect a roasting though.

We can't afford to allow the gap to widen any more than it is. No doubt a draw will be hailed as a brilliant result but really there will come a stage when we have to cut the gap and how better to do that than go and win there and stop that lot in their tracks. We can carry on through November, December, January, February being 'only' 10 points off automatic promotion with a game or two in hand, but sooner or later if we are as good as the hype says we are that gap needs cutting right down and we need to get ourselves into the driving seat.

The position we are left in has made it so that this game is vital to our season. There's no way we should be even thinking that a game in late October is a must win. Mowbray really has used up most of his lives.

A loss at the weekend and that gap between us and Wigan is 15 points. We will have 2 games in hand so, providing we win both, it is at best a 9 point gap. Being in that position before Christmas simply isn't acceptable and should result in Tony Mowbray losing his job.

Take into consideration the huge difference in goal difference we would be in a terrible position should we lose on Saturday. The argument of "it's so early", "we have x amount of games in hand" or "wait until we gel" just won't be able to made. Saturday is a win or we face Fleetwood with a caretaker manager in my opinion. It's as simple as that.

I think its got to a stage now where we ve all seen enough of TM to form a decision one way or another taking in  all the games hes been in charge off . Cant keep saying .."well next game is vital ..dont win he needs to go ".

We could beat Wigan and then lose our next five games ..or Vice versa. Fans need to decide  either back him now or not on previous games not one off games every week.

57 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

I think its got to a stage now where we ve all seen enough of TM to form a decision one way or another taking in  all the games hes been in charge off . Cant keep saying .."well next game is vital ..dont win he needs to go ".

We could beat Wigan and then lose our next five games ..or Vice versa. Fans need to decide  either back him now or not on previous games not one off games every week.

If we are in the top 6 ,at a minimum, I think fans support will be more stable 

Archived