BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Grayson

11 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Very childish comment there as per usual for you. 

I believe we should stick with Mowbray as manager

You cant guarantee anything in life. 

He has opinion and should be given the chance to post them whether we agree or not with them..

You didn't want Mowbray when he got appointed.

Why has getting relegated and being only 6th in league one changed your mind?

Can I ask you If we don't get promoted this season will you want Mowbray out?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a lot of thinking and changing my mind I think we should stick with Tone for the season. He’s far from perfect and I’m sick to the back teeth of him bigging up whoever we happen to be playing next but I cannot see anyone better coming in for various reasons.

He’s had his budget, he’s signed his players, it’s his squad let’s see what he can do with them over an entire season. We’ve been constantly making up our squad of loans and left overs from other managers none of whom gave a shite but our first team certainly want to play for us and want to play for our manager. Granted Chapman (injured), Antonsson and Downing are loans but at least they care.

We’re not in the top two and we haven’t looked like going on a proper run all season but I’d argue the first 11 and best formation is becoming a lot clearer now. Raya is our number 1, defence is settled, midfield is a choice of Whittingham or Evans next to Smallwood, forward line Antonsson on left, Dack in the hole and Bennett on the right. Only problem is who should be our striker, at the moment i’d Say Samuel or Nutthall. Graham is either not fit, not interested or both. 

2 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

After a lot of thinking and changing my mind I think we should stick with Tone for the season. He’s far from perfect and I’m sick to the back teeth of him bigging up whoever we happen to be playing next but I cannot see anyone better coming in for various reasons.

He’s had his budget, he’s signed his players, it’s his squad let’s see what he can do with them over an entire season. We’ve been constantly making up our squad of loans and left overs from other managers none of whom gave a shite but our first team certainly want to play for us and want to play for our manager. Granted Chapman (injured), Antonsson and Downing are loans but at least they care.

We’re not in the top two and we haven’t looked like going on a proper run all season but I’d argue the first 11 and best formation is becoming a lot clearer now. Raya is our number 1, defence is settled, midfield is a choice of Whittingham or Evans next to Smallwood, forward line Antonsson on left, Dack in the hole and Bennett on the right. Only problem is who should be our striker, at the moment i’d Say Samuel or Nutthall. Graham is either not fit, not interested or both. 

So you don't think Grayson is a better option. I'm pretty confident he would come. Im sick to the back teeth to of him bigging up teams before we play them. I'm sick of him letting the players decide if they fancy a game. I'm sick of playing defensive football when an attacking team would be a far more successful and enjoyable way of playing, I'm sick of his constant tactical bollocks  and not having or knowing his best settled 11.

According to big tone he has some budget left. I'd rather a new manager spend it than tony bring in some lad he trained at Coventry in a position that doesn't need filling

I would take Sherwood if Grayson didn't want it. 

Do I think Grayson is a better manager than Mowbray? Yes I do. Do I think these numpty owners would have the sense to seek out Grayson, he’d agree to work with them and he’d get better out of the team Mowbray has built? I don’t think so personally.

At this point we aren’t far enough adrift from promotion and there’s still way too much left to play for. I think we’re closer to knowing our best 11 now and the majority of them have a place nailed down bar one or two positions. He’s done enough to keep his job even if it’s been uninspiring. 

Fact of the matter is we’re a mess of a club and it’s going to take a long, long time to turn that around. 

Sherwood wouldn’t last 10 mins under these owners. Would be a disaster waiting to happen. 

Don't you think at this stage of the season and working with the players day in and day out not just the hour n half we see them a week he should have known weeks ago what his best 11 is ?

I've backed managers over the last 7 years. I've told other fans and posters to be patient, wins are around the corner, give him until after Xmas etc. The only difference this time is I actually really like and want to back him but I also learned that sticking waiting in hope especially when the guy himself said if he can't achieve top two he isn't a manger is a recipe for disaster. If the performances where their and it was a case of kicking on I'd be with you but I don't believe we will. The way we have lost at home to poor sides this season is frightening. The lack of chances created is alarming. The defensive organization has been chaos. 3-0 against bury isn't going to change that opinion. We where played off the park at scunthorpe, abysmal at Oldham , Southend and Shrewsbury, I don't remember having a shot a Wigan, the way we surrendered against Fleetwood. It's all just not what a top two side do. I forgave him in August and September, I watched eagerly for signs in October. Where coming into December and nothing has improved and my confidence in him has diminished

1 minute ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Don't you think at this stage of the season and working with the players day in and day out not just the hour n half we see them a week he should have known weeks ago what his best 11 is ?

I've backed managers over the last 7 years. I've told other fans and posters to be patient, wins are around the corner, give him until after Xmas etc. The only difference this time is I actually really like and want to back him but I also learned that sticking waiting in hope especially when the guy himself said if he can't achieve top two he isn't a manger is a recipe for disaster. If the performances where their and it was a case of kicking on I'd be with you but I don't believe we will. The way we have lost at home to poor sides this season is frightening. The lack of chances created is alarming. The defensive organization has been chaos. 3-0 against bury isn't going to change that opinion. We where played off the park at scunthorpe, abysmal at Oldham  and scunthorpe, I don't remember having a shot a Wigan, the way we surrendered against Fleetwood. It's all just not what a top two side do. I forgive him in August and September, I watched eagerly for signs in October. Where coming into December and nothing has improved and my confidence in Jim has diminished

So, you've been for sticking with the managers whilst we have been languishing at the wrong end of the table, but not when we are top 6 with 2 games in hand on most above us?  Seems a strange straw that broke your camels back

4 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I've backed managers over the last 7 years. I've told other fans and posters to be patient, wins are around the corner, give him until after Xmas etc. The only difference this time is I actually really like and want to back him but I also learned that sticking waiting in hope especially when the guy himself said if he can't achieve top two he isn't a manger is a recipe for disaster. If the performances where their and it was a case of kicking on I'd be with you but I don't believe we will. The way we have lost at home to poor sides this season is frightening. The lack of chances created is alarming. The defensive organization has been chaos. 3-0 against bury isn't going to change that opinion. We where played off the park at scunthorpe, abysmal at Oldham , Southend and Shrewsbury, I don't remember having a shot a Wigan, the way we surrendered against Fleetwood. It's all just not what a top two side do. I forgive him in August and September, I watched eagerly for signs in October. Where coming into December and nothing has improved and my confidence in Jim has diminished

Hey now its not Jim Mk2s fault. :P

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, you've been for sticking with the managers whilst we have been languishing at the wrong end of the table, but not when we are top 6 with 2 games in hand on most above us?  Seems a strange straw that broke your camels back

Depends on your objectives. I don't see how trying to get from 6th to 2nd or 22nd to 20th is different. Its the same story, that's a good point we can kick on from here now. At the end of the season the points tally says not good enough. The whole point being I backed them managers and look how that turned out

On 18/11/2017 at 12:33, Stuart said:

Rovers aren’t looking for a new manager.

Rovers are near the play-offs and have games in hand. The Facebook and LT superfans are delighted with how things are going.

Keeping tabs on other (better) managers serves only to frustrate. The ‘who else would come here?’ argument needs ramming down a few throats though.

You never change do you!

The cathartic need to blame, whine and point fingers is always directed towards the fans when we win. What is that about? It almost comes across like you actually lament positive results because you can’t personally feel positive.

I can understand that in the 7 year scheme of things, but to bring out the “superfan” jibes on the basis of a difference of opinion? 

4 hours ago, Garage Flower said:

I agree. It’s not about people “not wanting the job” either, it’s about how these clowns employ managers.

2 hours ago, Biz said:

You never change do you!

The cathartic need to blame, whine and point fingers is always directed towards the fans when we win. What is that about? It almost comes across like you actually lament positive results because you can’t personally feel positive.

I can understand that in the 7 year scheme of things, but to bring out the “superfan” jibes on the basis of a difference of opinion? 

You never change either. *sigh*

We’re back at that point where there is no point in me taking you on. You’ll never change. I make observations and you have to be contrary plus you make it personal.

Yet another alleged newbie (or possible WUM) joins with their über positive “let’s get behind the lads” rhetoric and you (and Chaddy) both hit the reset button. It’s 2014 all over again.

”I supported...” “Are you supporting...” from a bloke over from Germany FFS! Next he’ll be saying “Jerome who?”.

Back on Grayson, his stock is low right now but I’d trust him to have a plan as to how to get out if this division at the right end. For some reason this is a view that can’t be stated without someone saying “get behind the Mowbray FFS” or “we’ve just won - what more do you want?”. It’s EXACTLY the same discussion as when Bowyer was here, just with different newbies!! I want better and I’m ‘being negative’. Others are happy with mediocrity and they are supposedly ‘being positive’.

There, I’ve done what I said I wasn’t going to do. :huh: 

51 minutes ago, Stuart said:

You never change either. *sigh*

We’re back at that point where there is no point in me taking you on.

Wish you’d left it at that.

Just like the GB years, there is sound argument on both sides of the stick or twist debate. Painting those opposite to you as “*insert up to date put down of imaginary group of fans*” is another familiar echo of that time.

Nothing changes.

8 hours ago, islander200 said:

You didn't want Mowbray when he got appointed.

Why has getting relegated and being only 6th in league one changed your mind?

Can I ask you If we don't get promoted this season will you want Mowbray out?

I expect Paul Senior to go foriegn and I was surprise we went for an English manager. I did mention Mowbray name a few years ago. After Coyle was I didnt know who I wanted. If memory serve me right Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was the favourite at the start of the betting. 

Last season Mowbray gave us a fighting chance of staying up something we didnt have under Coyle. Think Mowbray got 22 or 23 points from 15 games which is a good record. But we still went down but I felt Mowbray was our best chance of getting promotion this season. Was impressed by some of his summer signings and keeping Mulgrew here. 

Before we start thinking what happens if we dont go up, why not see how and where we are after 46 games. I think about next season in the summer and not now. What happens if we go up and get back in the championship will you still want Mowbray out???

On 18/11/2017 at 12:33, Stuart said:

Rovers aren’t looking for a new manager.

Rovers are near the play-offs and have games in hand. The Facebook and LT superfans are delighted with how things are going.

Keeping tabs on other (better) managers serves only to frustrate. The ‘who else would come here?’ argument needs ramming down a few throats though.

Just cant resist but have a dig at Rovers fans who are happy with Mowbray as manager can you Stuart?

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I expect Paul Senior to go foriegn and I was surprise we went for an English manager. I did mention Mowbray name a few years ago. After Coyle was I didnt know who I wanted. If memory serve me right Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink was the favourite at the start of the betting. 

Last season Mowbray gave us a fighting chance of staying up something we didnt have under Coyle. Think Mowbray got 22 or 23 points from 15 games which is a good record. But we still went down but I felt Mowbray was our best chance of getting promotion this season. Was impressed by some of his summer signings and keeping Mulgrew here. 

Before we start thinking what happens if we dont go up, why not see how and where we are after 46 games. I think about next season in the summer and not now. What happens if we go up and get back in the championship will you still want Mowbray out???

If you have read my posts about Mowbray you will see I always say I hope he does well.Seems a good bloke but I am unsure of his capabilities,up to now not convinced in the slightest he will take us up.If he does get us promoted then no I don't think he should be sacked.If we make the playoffs and don't go up then I would hope he won't be here next season.

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just cant resist but have a dig at Rovers fans who are happy with Mowbray as manager can you Stuart?

Not allowed to group people, Chris. We are all simply individuals.

Sadly, there’s a great deal of truth in that, and that’s why our club is a shadow of what it was.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray didnt have a good record last season, he came into keep us up and he failed. End of story. I'm well aware that Coyle was the protagonist, but that doesnt mean that Mowbray had a good record, as that statement is factually incorrect.

I was happy that he stayed, I saw enough despite his failure to want him to stay, but his target this season was undeniably automatic promotion, at the moment he is a million miles away. He's massively underperforming whatever way you try and dress it up.

I would stick with him for now, but he certainly doesnt have credit in the bank to have a full season regardless of his results. If we continue to flatter to deceive and dont make up ground on the top 2, then he cant complain if he is potted. 

Also, theres no way that Mulgrew is still here solely down to Mowbray.

For your last sentence, it is a totally idiotic one. Presumably the reason that people want Mowbray out is an inability to meet our objectives. If we get promoted he would have done.

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray didnt have a good record last season, he came into keep us up and he failed. End of story. I'm well aware that Coyle was the protagonist, but that doesnt mean that Mowbray had a good record, as that statement is factually incorrect.

I was happy that he stayed, I saw enough despite his failure to want him to stay, but his target this season was undeniably automatic promotion, at the moment he is a million miles away. He's massively underperforming whatever way you try and dress it up.

I would stick with him for now, but he certainly doesnt have credit in the bank to have a full season regardless of his results. If we continue to flatter to deceive and dont make up ground on the top 2, then he cant complain if he is potted. 

Also, theres no way that Mulgrew is still here solely down to Mowbray.

For your last sentence, it is a totally idiotic one. Presumably the reason that people want Mowbray out is an inability to meet our objectives. If we get promoted he would have done.

22 points from 15 games is a good record compare to Coyle's record?

Season isnt over yet. 46 games in a season. 

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

That post says that you havent read what I put.

Being better than Coyle does not mean success. What was Mowbray employed to do?

I did read what you posted so dont start saying stuff that. 

We all know what he was employed to do so why asked really  

Last season relegation was done to Coyle and who employed him

7 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

I've backed managers over the last 7 years. I've told other fans and posters to be patient, wins are around the corner, give him until after Xmas etc. The only difference this time is I actually really like and want to back him but I also learned that sticking waiting in hope especially when the guy himself said if he can't achieve top two he isn't a manger is a recipe for disaster. If the performances where their and it was a case of kicking on I'd be with you but I don't believe we will. The way we have lost at home to poor sides this season is frightening. The lack of chances created is alarming. The defensive organization has been chaos. 3-0 against bury isn't going to change that opinion. We where played off the park at scunthorpe, abysmal at Oldham , Southend and Shrewsbury, I don't remember having a shot a Wigan, the way we surrendered against Fleetwood. It's all just not what a top two side do. I forgave him in August and September, I watched eagerly for signs in October. Where coming into December and nothing has improved and my confidence in him has diminished

Struggling Oldham despite playing one more game than Rovers have scored six goals more than Rovers to date just highlights the poor start from Tony Mowbray's team so far from an attacking entertaining point of view.

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I did read what you posted so dont start saying stuff that. 

We all know what he was employed to do so why asked really  

Last season relegation was done to Coyle and who employed him

Who employed Coyle?

Cos from where I'm sitting its the same man who employed Paul Senior, who employed Tony Mowbray and the same man who then fired Paul Senior and didn't replace him and who was presumably central to the decision to keep Mowbray, hand him a massive budget and a 2 year contract extension in the summer.

The same man who is now into his 3rd year at least of shadow directing this club during which time we have nearly been relegated, have been relegated and are now struggling to get into the top 6 of the 3rd division. Whilst going through 4 different managers and selling £30-40 million of players.

The same man who remains in place to this day. You blame him for relegation and you're probably right, yet he remains in place right now. Not exactly something to be happy about is it?

1 hour ago, JAL said:

Struggling Oldham despite playing one more game than Rovers have scored six goals more than Rovers to date just highlights the poor start from Tony Mowbray's team so far from an attacking entertaining point of view.

But what about the 24 goal more than us they have conceded 

1 hour ago, JAL said:

We seemed to be relying on Chapman creating something when he came on but thankfully Dack seems to be hitting his stride now but once he starts getting the man marking treatment who'll be creating then ?

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

We seemed to be relying on Chapman creating something when he came on but thankfully Dack seems to be hitting his stride now but once he starts getting the man marking treatment who'll be creating then ?

Mogga hinted he was looking at bringing some attacking quality to the club in January. We need them. We've got one quality creative player in  Dack. Fortunately this league is poor. The gulf between the quality of player in this league and in the championship is huge IMO.

Archived