BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Northampton

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought our performance was good enough to win the game and for 99% of the game it was Attack(Rovers) vs defence(Northampton). 

Northampton game plan was defend and defend. they played a 4-1-4-1 formation and Grimes deny Dack his usual space and time on the ball. 

I thought Bell did really well at left back and Williams looked very comfortable at centre back. 

Payne look decent today and played a great ball in which no one got to the ball. 

we had enough chances today to win the game. 

But its a point and still 17 games unbeaten. 

Now the ref as per usual was rubbish and its time the FA stop this VAR trials and start investing in training the refs properly to the rules. Ref got a number of decisions wrong again today. how the keeper wasn't booked sooner was pathetic and he was taking 20 seconds plus to take goal kicks and free kicks. Given them easy fouls whilst we didn't even got clear foul decisions

• Backroom

I thought Nyambe did the right thing for their goal but not seen it back, if he jumped in they could have had a clear run on goal, he did enough to hold up the game and let us get bodies back in position however nobody filled in at right back and stopped the cross (Albeit a very good cross)

The goal came from a Miskick from Conway similar to the equaliser a couple weeks ago when Bennett sliced one 

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Find it hilarious you rip into players on this MB but I don't even think you go to any games so your opinion is effectively invalid?

I don't always agree with Jal,in fact I agree with him very little,but just because he doesn't attend games ,his opinion is no less valid that anyone else's. If that was the case, pundits on match of the day would need to attend every game for them to have a valid opinion :)

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't always agree with Jal,in fact I agree with him very little,but just because he doesn't attend games ,his opinion is no less valid that anyone else's. If that was the case, pundits on match of the day would need to attend every game for them to have a valid opinion :)

They do watch the whole game though, even on play back. That's the difference. You've watched every game though so its reet;)

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought our performance was good enough to win the game and for 99% of the game it was Attack(Rovers) vs defence(Northampton

It wasn't because we didn't win. And we were attack versus defence a few times already this season at home when we didn't win either.

I'm off to find a cliff...

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought our performance was good enough to win the game and for 99% of the game it was Attack(Rovers) vs defence(Northampton). 

Northampton game plan was defend and defend. they played a 4-1-4-1 formation and Grimes deny Dack his usual space and time on the ball. 

I thought Bell did really well at left back and Williams looked very comfortable at centre back. 

Payne look decent today and played a great ball in which no one got to the ball. 

Now the ref as per usual was rubbish and its time the FA stop this VAR trials and start investing in training the refs properly to the rules. Ref got a number of decisions wrong again today. how the keeper wasn't booked sooner was pathetic and he was taking 20 seconds plus to take goal kicks and free kicks. Given them easy fouls whilst we didn't even got clear foul decisions

The keeper was a shocker with his time wasting but we need to invest im some more ball boys! 

6 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

They do watch the whole game though, even on play back. That's the difference. You've watched every game though so its reet;)

Agree with what your saying though it's the key video action that for all the good that's gone on in a game can be undone in one key moment for many a player. Nobody's is getting on Ryan's case at the matches this is away from the game and key moments dictate the outcome. Searching for Ryan when Northampton scored ok he may have been at fault but then he had loads of time to redeem himself and provide an answer in attack to win the game back.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Cherry Blue said:

The last 7 games we won 3 drawn 4 = 13 points. The previous 7 games we won 6 and drawn 1 = 19 points.

That's a dip in form.

Indeed, but CURRENT form (using our last 7 as you have) is just under 2pts/game which is the usual standard for promotion. I think we'll do it.

Keep putting in the effort and our quality will shine. Today was an anomaly imo.

29 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Find it hilarious you rip into players on this MB but I don't even think you go to any games so your opinion is effectively invalid?

All you do is support the shyte that these tossers bring us.

32 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Ok,

What was Nyambe doing for their goal then from one who attended ?

Just now, JAL said:

Ok,

As someone who attended, regardless of Nyambe's role in their goal he was one of our better players today and has been good recently. If he keeps improving the way he has (he's a much better player than the one who first made his debut for us) he will be a good little player for us. Now put your fishing rod away and get back on ClaretsMad you big dingle ;) 

25 minutes ago, JAL said:

Ok,

He was the last man on a 3 v 2 breakaway  in their favour (from our corner) and he had to go across to the left touchline to close their man down. We ended up with Bennet at centre half and Mulgrew at right back when the cross come in. 

What should he have done different?

You have no idea as the sky sports highlight only starts when the guy crosses for the goal.

edit - 

About 1:45 on that video. He's the closest person to the ball when we first see the move. It's Bennetts fault when you look at that, he sees the guy run right past him. Unless of course you think Nyambe should be able to teleport himself back into position.

To be honest I thought they were going to score when it was 3 vs 2, but Nyambe and Bennett held them off.  I then thought danger over when we had a back line of sorts before Bunney whipped that cross in.  From the angle I watched it from my first reaction was why didn't Raya come out, not that it was Nyambe's fault. Thought  Bell had a great debut game.  When he got forward he got past his man a few times and put in some good crosses. The ref seemed more interested in himself than helping the game flow or applying the rules correctly. Was amazed to see that Bennett can play really well as a defensive centre mid, he was definitely the player with the dirtiest kit at the end because of the shift he put in.  

• Backroom

It's been covered but worth repeating, Bell was so impressive today, they had to take the full back off as he beat him every time, 4-5 great balls across and some great defensive work.

My only concern was a couple of times he overdid it in defence which may cause us to come unstuck but I'd certainly have him on the wing at times 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Re last paragraph - whilst giving the ref some grief in the Blues Bar after the game was told that refs in the first and second divisions are not full-time professional referees.  They have jobs and only get paid expenses for football matches and that professional refs are only allocated to Premiership and Championship matches.  If this is a fact, this would explain the rubbish referees we seem to have had.  Could anyone confirm this please?  Sorry if this is slightly off-topic

2 hours ago, Butty said:

JAL fancying a bit of late night fishing as per :lol:. Nyambe was actually one of our better players today as he has shown recently. Just one of them days today, they came to frustrate us, time waste and sit back and defend. Was always going to be hard after they scored an early goal as they had even more reason to sit back. Need to bounce back Tuesday.

Wigan beat them at their place recently 1-0 and therein lies the difference.

Excuses will count for nothing at the end of the season.

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, JimEdd said:

Re last paragraph - whilst giving the ref some grief in the Blues Bar after the game was told that refs in the first and second divisions are not full-time professional referees.  They have jobs and only get paid expenses for football matches and that professional refs are only allocated to Premiership and Championship matches.  If this is a fact, this would explain the rubbish referees we seem to have had.  Could anyone confirm this please?  Sorry if this is slightly off-topic

Not sure but the ref today was in charge of a Newcastle league game last season, he had a stinker then so maybe he got demoted!

1 hour ago, Butty said:

As someone who attended, regardless of Nyambe's role in their goal he was one of our better players today and has been good recently. If he keeps improving the way he has (he's a much better player than the one who first made his debut for us) he will be a good little player for us. Now put your fishing rod away and get back on ClaretsMad you big dingle ;) 

Good player ? What was he doing that he's well paid for to prevent goals being scored against us ffs !

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

He was the last man on a 3 v 2 breakaway  in their favour (from our corner) and he had to go across to the left touchline to close their man down. We ended up with Bennet at centre half and Mulgrew at right back when the cross come in. 

What should he have done different?

You have no idea as the sky sports highlight only starts when the guy crosses for the goal.

edit - 

About 1:45 on that video. He's the closest person to the ball when we first see the move. It's Bennetts fault when you look at that, he sees the guy run right past him. Unless of course you think Nyambe should be able to teleport himself back into position.

So the guy challenging their goalscorer who's caught on the wrong side isn't Nyambe, is that what your saying Hasta.

2 hours ago, Butty said:

So why did we concede ?

7 minutes ago, JAL said:

So why did we concede ?

Because it was a counter attack, created by Conway's miskick, and Bennett/Mulgrew did not mark their striker and Raya did not save the header. Not everything is about Nyambe, the kid has his limitations, but he is not the only in this team.

Archived