BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

OK, I am lost now. I thought my initial question was straight forward. Never mind 

I can't believe anyone wouldn't want a second promotion next year. That's fascinating and amazing for me to hear. 

I would take it all day. Huddersfield did and may just about survive. Even if they don't they will be stronger for it in the championship. 

Moot though indeed. Well, the top 2 part anyway :)

Both instances we could get relegated our 1st season so no "extra"   You are assuming we stay in the division.

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Many posters on here said we didn't. In fact I haven't heard one fan say we did

Do you think differently? Are you saying the players did throw the towel in? 

No, I'm saying you wouldn't know either way.

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Both instances we could get relegated our 1st season so no "extra"   You are assuming we stay in the division.

People forget the team Jim Smith inherited from Gordon Lee was struggling by Xmas, it was only the signings of Gordon Taylor and Waggy, plus Hurd and Bailey in the team that pulled us out of trouble.

• blueboy3333 changed the title to THE BATTLE FOR PROMOTION....WON.
3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Honestly mate your peeing in the wind. It's seems people just don't care about a title or trophy. I don't understand why but they don't

I think the truth is that, whilst we as fans might care passionately about the difference between finishing second and winning the title, the players and manager probably aren't massively. They started the season with the aim of gaining promotion and, now that is achieved, it is probably natural for the intensity of their play to drop slightly.

I'm not not saying they don't want to win the title, but I guess for them its a bonus, rather than their main aim, and so the level of their play drops a little as they don't have the same hunger and desire as for their main aim.

And it's not just Rovers - or a blight against Mowbray. They were discussing something similar on 5Live last night and, I think it was Jenas who said that it's hard for players to motivate themselves to the same level once their aim for the season is achieved, hence the drop in levels from teams like Watford and Leicester in the Prem once safety is reached. I think that also explains why Wigan have only mastered 2 draws from their 2 games since winning promotion - I'm fairly certain that if it was still to be decided they would have won at least 1 of those 2 games.

We’d better shithouse the title on Saturday or this discussion will go on all summer.

Regarding the above, I think Travis is a real star in the making, but Nyambe has been robbed.

6 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Your point was acknowledged. You just didnt like my views on it. 

I'm sure you said you arent bothered about what managers say in these interviews but its all about points on board. Or was that just for Lambert?

So if you are overjoyed then just enjoy the season and that FACT promotion was ACHIEVED. 

You are missing the point still. You seem to think I am either disregarding the promotion or critiquing solely the loss at Charlton.

Lambert was talking about subjective opinions about performances in games he kept failing to win. 

Theres a difference between saying no one remembers who wins the league and saying we played well but lost again and are going down.

5 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Looks like they're having a good do at the Disabled Supporters end of the season awards bash.

Payne is tiny - Looks like he could run through the legs of some of the other players.

11 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

No, I'm saying you wouldn't know either way.

Again, people have said it on here and I watched extended highlights. Stop being a pest , if that is possible. Stick to the lame jokes, you might get those likes your ego craves some day. 

7 minutes ago, Gladwingone said:

Midfielder James Milner: "We have to enjoy this but not for too long as we have another important game this weekend. I might stretch myself out to some Ribena or something, maybe!"

contrast in attitude between professionals with a winning mentality and our lot who just wanted to go on the lash, put their feet up & concede the title, fully supported by the manager head coach.

I'm pretty sure that is tongue in cheek mate. Milner has this reputation as a boring character and plays along with this at every opportunity.

27 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Aother Mowbray interview.

I don't think he fancies  a L1 winners medal in his trophy cabinet. It may lower the Tone.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/16198697.Tony_Mowbray_on_why_he_won_t_get_carried_away_by_Rovers__promotion/?ref=mac

Probably explains why he doesn't give a toss if we win the league or not. Perhaps someone needs to remind him that it's not all about him?

25 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Probably explains why he doesn't give a toss if we win the league or not. Perhaps someone needs to remind him that it's not all about him?

Those were my thoughts too.

For example for the fans who are now say 13 to 15 years old and have grown up in the worst of times for Rovers a Title win would be a major event, as is promotion before anyone starts.

If you have the Cake why not have a Cream Topping.

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Those were my thoughts too.

For example for the fans who are now say 13 to 15 years old and have grown up in the worst of times for Rovers a Title win would be a major event, as is promotion before anyone starts.

If you have the Cake why not have a Cream Topping.

Tony's had better cream toppings at better places.:rolleyes:

Anyway, lets not be 'negative';)

Archived