BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Supporters Consultation Meeting - Thursday 21st June

5550 away fans, 3pm is fine.

6800, which is what Leeds’ initial allocation was and will be Preston’s, 12pm.  Why does this 1300 make such a difference?

And why was this not in place for the Man Utd cup tie? If it’s ‘safety’, then that’s that, does that go out the window because BT wanted to show it at 4pm?

Just now, arbitro said:

Could somebody question the club about the early kick off times for non televised games? On Saturday we will have around 5500 fans travelling to Preston and yet the same police force that covers Rovers don't appear to see that as a risk. Given that fact if can only be Rovers themselves who are taking it upon themselves to bring the game forward.

I believe it's another way of discouraging fans from attending.

My view on it too. Simply inconceivable that the same police force could assess 5500+ Rovers fans drinking around Preston all afternoon to be perfectly acceptable yet a similar number of them going to Blackburn is a major risk that demands a noon kick off. Ludicrous.

• Like 1

Just now, Mattyblue said:

And why was this not in place for the Man Utd cup tie? If it’s ‘safety’, then that’s that, does that go out the window because BT wanted to show it at 4pm?

Exactly. If they maintained some consistency with it they might convince me it is reasonable and necessary, but the fact that as soon as Sky/BT come calling the whole thing is dropped shows it up for what it is.

No use bleating and wailing about numbers of home fans when two of your most attractive home games are being unnecessarily shunted to inconvenient kick off times and are being broadcast live on TV as a result.

Less of the posters asking for 'total commitment' from supporters and more questions asked of the authorities and decision makers in these things, who are well paid to ensure games take place without trouble, of which there have been many over the years.

• Like 1

Highly unlikely Preston will require the full Darwen End this time unless they suddenly go on a fantastic run and end up pushing for the play-offs. Can't remember for definite but don't think they filled it last time they came, it was 6000 or so.

Like with everything else the novelty wears off.

First time round they'd just been promoted and it was their first visit to Ewood in about 15 years. It was a family day out for them and they got nearly as many turning up at Ewood as turn out at Deepdale for league games.

It will still be THE day out for them this season but plenty will have been there and done that on the last couple of occasions.

Anyhow, seems Rovers are expecting them to fill it as they've already decided it is to be a noon kick off. So yes, it will be on TV and probably Category A at £25+ a ticket. Seems a bit daft asking fans about 'commitment' when making it so unappealing to turn up.

Just now, JHRover said:

Highly unlikely Preston will require the full Darwen End this time unless they suddenly go on a fantastic run and end up pushing for the play-offs. Can't remember for definite but don't think they filled it last time they came, it was 6000 or so.

Like with everything else the novelty wears off.

First time round they'd just been promoted and it was their first visit to Ewood in about 15 years. It was a family day out for them and they got nearly as many turning up at Ewood as turn out at Deepdale for league games.

It will still be THE day out for them this season but plenty will have been there and done that on the last couple of occasions.

Anyhow, seems Rovers are expecting them to fill it as they've already decided it is to be a noon kick off. So yes, it will be on TV and probably Category A at £25+ a ticket. Seems a bit daft asking fans about 'commitment' when making it so unappealing to turn up.

If it is deemed such a high risk then surely the 'bubble' should be in operation. 

27 minutes ago, JHRover said:

My view on it too. Simply inconceivable that the same police force could assess 5500+ Rovers fans drinking around Preston all afternoon to be perfectly acceptable yet a similar number of them going to Blackburn is a major risk that demands a noon kick off. Ludicrous.

Ask a PNE fan and he'll say no way are we drinking around Blackburn anyway as there is nowhere they are most likely to go somewhere else or start early in their own back yard and come straight to ewood then back.

It's a flimsy excuse to move kick offs at Ewood all the time when our neighbours don't for similar fixtures. probably more to do with traffic than anything else though.

1 hour ago, meadows said:

Hadn’t this been explained by the police as them having identified a hooligan element within Preston’s away support who are far more likely to cause trouble on their travels than our travelling fans?

I’m not sure I accept that argument or even accept it as a valid reason if true (the same hooligan element doesn’t seem to be any great concern to any other police force area they visit)  but I’m sure I’ve seen it minuted as the rationale somewhere.  

Looking at the weekend fixtures and pondering whether the return game actually will be chosen for TV, bear in mind first of all that there is an 87.5% chance Leeds, whoever they play or wherever they stand in the table, will be on, it will be the Birmingham v Villa derby that weekend too which Sky are putting on this Sunday. It will also be towards the business End of the season when promotion/play off six pointers are often selected. 

At this stage Rovers v PNE looks a natural pick for a televised game to me but this weekend a Rotherham v Sheff Utd game is preferred so I’m probably biased. 

I had never seen that excuse before Jim. If that is the case then there is potential for every visiting club to Ewood to have a risk element irrespective of how many they bring or kick off time.

Before every FL match I did we had a security brief 75 minutes before kick off. On high profile games I was often briefed that 'prominents' from the away team had been rounded up at the local station and marched en masse to the ground. If what you are saying is true then, by pandering to a few wannabe hooligans they are totally abdicating their responsibility to the public.

I'd be delighted if our home game v Preston was moved to Saturday tea time for TV.

First because I'd prefer a kick off at that time to 12 noon.

Second because it would crush all these excuses about safety and the like trotted out by Rovers and the police. The minute Sky come calling with their £100k or whatever it is safety suddenly isn't an insurmountable issue. Amazing isn't it.

Mike Cheston says there are no plans to start up Radio Rovers again. "It was an expensive operation."

Talk has moved on to the owners. TM: "If I went to India and found some distant, aloof people, then I'd tell you. But I find caring people. They talk about this club as their family."

Edited by chaddyrovers

I’m reading a lot of;

‘Darwen End, not enough demand, so we shut it’

’Radio Rovers wont be brought back, too expensive’

’We need 15,500-16,000 averages to break even and we aren’t hitting it’

All undoubtably true, but anyone asking why this is this the case? Why aren’t we hitting  the break even figure, why we can’t afford these things and what are they going to do about it?

Edited by Mattyblue

• Backroom

TM on Bradley Dack: "He has come a long way really quickly.

"He came at a very low number from Gillingham and we have now given him a new deal.

"I'm hoping I will be going to Steve pretty soon and saying we will be giving Bradley another year and a few more quid and feel among the higher earners in the team."

so Bradley isn’t currently amongst the top earners in the team? Surely it’s not still Evans 

SW: "I'd like to know why people think we didn't. That was an event not a game. [Oxford]

Emails from ticket sales have been followed up, contacted numerous times, with other offers, but the pick up hasn't been great.

Done everything we can as a club, but many came as it was a one-off game."

‘The club did everything it could’, so that’s that then. Did anyone on here who bought an Oxford ticket get contacted ‘numerous times’ to buy a season ticket? 

No thoughts about pricing, season ticket or match day, initiatives for young adults etc. All sounds very defeatist, so let’s hope TM can do the business and let the  lure of PL football bring people in, because obviously Waggott won’t be doing.

Edited by Mattyblue

The ‘local promotion’ rule looks as if it’s been discontinued by the EFL. I read it that they still want their £27 from the away support, so I imagine any offer will only be for a match where the away support will be minimal.

Edited by Mattyblue