BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Thursday deadline.

Just now, Neal said:

Don't get your hopes up too soon If its not being done till Monday... Remember who Derby manager is and who he used to play for... One phone call and it will be done in a second. 

Derby won't be in for him.They have already signed Mount from Chelsea,Wilson from Liverpool and Jozefoon from Brentford.They already have Tom Lawrence in their squad too

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Great signing.

We play well and beat Everton.

And the 3rd piece of good news is:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/16380703.former-agent-of-ex-rovers-boss-steve-kean-loses-12million-tax-battle-hmrc/

What a bloody good day.

You forgot the Dingle balls up in Scotland- it’s been excellent!

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You're forgetting Gladwin also.

Surely he’s going? Even if it’s not permanent, he’ll be at some lower league side, having his rather large head deflated. 

Edited by scotchrover
  • Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Don't get your hopes up too soon If its not being done till Monday... Remember who Derby manager is and who he used to play for... One phone call and it will be done in a second. 

Just been having a look on Twitter- apparently they’ve got too many players in the position he plays, hence the reason for them not re-signing.

6 minutes ago, scotchrover said:

Just been having a look on Twitter- apparently they’ve got too many players in the position he plays, hence the reason for them not re-signing.

Aaah, hopefully settles that then. 

It’s a beautiful thread. It really is. 

Well done everyone. It’s this stiff upper lip attitude that saw us promoted last season.

Instead of worrying who we’re going to sign, any chance of thinking what we’ve got? 

You know, another year on, another year wiser, team effort?

There was some good stuff played tonight. No panic here.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Would be a good signing but I'm not a fan of short term loan because if he is any good a team higher up the league will take him in the new year just like we did with Payne last season.

I guess Chelsea do it so they can make sure he is playing regular and being used right. 

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

Can he play as one of our middle 2?

Hopefully spells the end for Evans, especially with Travis coming through.

He will be played wide in the 3 behind the front man

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Happy with the quality of Kasey Palmer, impressed me before and is definitely far better than some of the names banded around on this board in the last few days. Impressed me as a Huddersfield player. 

Not happy with the fact its only until the end of December.

Also dont understand why we are signing players in positions where we have depth in Dack and Rothwell. Not a fan of shoehorning players into positions that they dont naturally play in. If its as well as at least another pacy winger and striker then its a good move however. 

I'm pleased with this signing. 

I would imagine he will play wide left with Dack in Middle and either Bennett/Samuel or new winger on the right. Plus our wingers don't stay wide But cut in more. Mowbray isn't rigid with his formation or style. 

Don't know anything about Palmer but a mate's son who knows a lot more about other club's players texted me to say "Great player but not in the position we need".

If he can do a job In the wide positions he'll do though albeit it could be a very temporary fix.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I guess Chelsea do it so they can make sure he is playing regular and being used right. 

He will be played wide in the 3 behind the front man

I'm pleased with this signing. 

I would imagine he will play wide left with Dack in Middle and either Bennett/Samuel or new winger on the right. Plus our wingers don't stay wide But cut in more. Mowbray isn't rigid with his formation or style. 

So am I as long as its as well as a natural winger. Definitely of a good calibre but we need a natural winger to hug the line as if Palmer plays on the other sidw we will lack width.

You were all for playing 3 at the back a mere few days ago!

55 minutes ago, Neal said:

Whilst it might not be Derby, I agree with this, I Don't like the fact that the deal has been announced before the paperwork has been finalised. It almost sounds like an invitation from the player's representatives to other clubs to hijack the deal. I doubt we would have announced it before the ink was dry on the contract.

Hopefully it will all go through ok.

• Like 2

Just now, roversfan99 said:

So am I as long as its as well as a natural winger. Definitely of a good calibre but we need a natural winger to hug the line as if Palmer plays on the other sidw we will lack width.

You were all for playing 3 at the back a mere few days ago!

No I'm after us having different options and being adaptable. I'm for having a plan A and plan B and even plan C actually. 

So plan A is 4-2-3-1 with plan B being 3-4-2-1/3-4-1-2 and plan C being 4-1-2-1-2 let say. 

11 hours ago, DE. said:

The signs aren't hard to read, even for somebody like Nixon. We have apparently decided this squad is good enough - for what, I don't know. Scraping survival I assume. Injuries to Mulgrew or Graham will leave us in pretty deep shit though. 

Exactly. If we could play our best eleven for the season we could be OK but those two players are essential to us and both are at the veteran stage and injury prone.

We could be in trouble within the first few weeks for all we know.

8 hours ago, briansol said:

There is nothing to suggest that the delay lays with the owners. Mowbray has had full control over the last two transfers windows and have gone public saying he has a budget to buy players. He has also said that he is confident that he will get there.

So if there is a lack of trust it has to be on Mowbray.

EH? Venkys control is achieved by the size of the budget, which they alone determine. If they upped it TM could get his targets.

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Chelsea’s young midfielder Kasey Palmer is joining Blackburn Rovers on a short-term loan deal until Christmas, Sky Sports News has learned. 

Follow: https://t.co/R96Ncm1e5E https://t.co/na7idgp9Tj

I'm very nervous.
This would be a brilliant signing. But this has come out the wrong side of the weekend if it is going to be finalized on Monday.

3 clear days where we could miss out unless Chelsea have given us first refusal.

Just now, RovingRover said:

I'm very nervous.
This would be a brilliant signing. But this has come out the wrong side of the weekend if it is going to be finalized on Monday.

3 clear days where we could miss out unless Chelsea have given us first refusal.

The deal will be done the Telegraph wouldn't be running with it if it wasn't the case. 

Clubs will have known all summer that Palmer is available to loan seems unlikely that teams will all of a sudden swoop in for him when a deal has been agreed to take him here 

55 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The deal will be done the Telegraph wouldn't be running with it if it wasn't the case. 

Did the LT break it first though? I thought the first link posted on here was from Sky. If they broke it first, then the LT had the article waiting but only spilled it once it broke elsewhere.

Just now, bluebruce said:

Did the LT break it first though? I thought the first link posted on here was from Sky. If they broke it first, then the LT had the article waiting but only spilled it once it broke elsewhere.

Don't know mate I was at the match.Sharpe has tweeted that it is happening

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

I saw it on Sky first and the LT about an hour later, both via  the Newsnow site

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just decent? Is that it?

He is on loan so yes decent.Quality player but at end of day only currently with us till January. 

That let article this morning is just setting us up for more loan signings.Mowbray said the same thing last season about being able to bring in the loan players on permanent deals yet the only one who did was Downing, a squad centre back 

• Like 1