BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The likes of Nugent, Huddlestone, Scott Carson et al will be on serious money for this league. So no doubt they’d beat us on wages.

I’m just not having that Brereton has come here for peanuts.

Has anyone said he’s on peanuts, obviously he’s on a decent wage but I can tell you he’s not on anything like Marriots on.

Just now, Mercer said:

On a £7million+ deal, any half decent agent would have ensured Brereton wouldn't need a mortgage for a £600k house!!!

I would be extremely surprised if Brereton is earning less than Marriott.  You don't buy a Merc and put remoulds on!

Amazing that you know that, your guessing and I was told, but you always seem to know everything.

Just now, unsall said:

Has anyone said he’s on peanuts, obviously he’s on a decent wage but I can tell you he’s not on anything like Marriots on.

You have therefore seen the contracts for both players?

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

On a £7million+ deal, any half decent agent would have ensured Brereton wouldn't need a mortgage for a £600k house!!!

I would be extremely surprised if Brereton is earning much less, if anything, than Marriott.  You don't buy a Merc and put remoulds on!

See all my doubt with the Brererton deal is on the actual cost.

Im convinced that the fee will only be 7m if we are promoted, certain appearances/goals etc.

I just don’t think a newly promoted team is going to destroy all semblance of a new structure (remember it’s only 13/14months from a complete squad and wage overhaul) upon promotion, on a 19 year old prospect.

To quote @S8 & Blue “the published fee is for the forest fans”...

• Moderation Lead
9 minutes ago, unsall said:

Amazing that you know that, your guessing and I was told, but you always seem to know everything.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that you or Mercer are incorrect, but you're both faceless humans to most of us on here. 

You could both literally be anyone, saying anything and everyone on here wouldn't have a clue if what you were saying was gospel or not....

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, unsall said:

I am an accountant and I deal with people and organisations in all walks of life (including sport).  Through knowledge and experience, you have a feeling of what's going on in many aspects of life.  I can tell you that 99.9% of professionals in the fields of law, accountancy etc will maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and integrity expected.

Edited by Mercer

3 minutes ago, unsall said:

Ok very sorry, will try to keep quiet next time I here anything, thought this was a message board for anyone not the usual gang of 4/5.

You shouldn't.  All I'm suggesting is 'information' picked up at such events should be tempered with caution. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

Not when he's buying 600k houses he isn't ....

I was thinking he'd be on a very modest wage to start with but if they've thrown money at him to get him here then we are going around in the same circles again i'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

He’s been here 6 weeks - on 10k a week + a decent signing fee, you’d have plenty of deposit for a 600k house.

It's not his first job either. Brereton has been a highly rated young Championship professional footballer for around two years, and has now most likely signed a decent four year contract, with a signing on fee.

Even on moderate Champ wages - I'd be more worried if he couldn't afford to get a mortgage on a 600k house at his age.

Nice that he hasn't just gone straight to Cheshire/Manchester too, head screwed on.

Anyone know how much Arma and Dack's houses that they just bought are worth? Or does it not matter?

1 hour ago, Biz said:

He’s been here 6 weeks - on 10k a week + a decent signing fee, you’d have plenty of deposit for a 600k house.

Exactly. At least Brereton is buying a house and putting some roots down. Good on him

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The likes of Nugent, Huddlestone, Scott Carson et al will be on serious money for this league. So no doubt they’d beat us on wages.

I’m just not having that Brereton has come here for peanuts.

Who has said hes on peanuts? No-one. 10k a week is a very decent wage. 

26 minutes ago, unsall said:

The whole wage structure has changed,no more massive wages, but decent wages, compete with over half of clubs in league but won’t go silly, to be honest they had to do it, with no parachute payments smallish crowds, ffp etc.

I agree. Mowbray's signings suggest a change of policy and going for younger players who will develop here.  

14 minutes ago, unsall said:

Please keep posting. Ignore these people. Use the ignore function

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I am an accountant and I deal with people and organisations in all walks of life (including sport).  Through knowledge and experience, you have a feeling of what's going on in many aspects of life.  I can tell you that 99.9% of professionals in the fields of law, accountancy etc will maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and integrity expected.

Do you deal with Blackburn Rovers and Waggott/Mowbray? 

4 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You shouldn't.  All I'm suggesting is 'information' picked up at such events should be tempered with caution. 

Same as your info Mercer you posted. How many times did you say Rhodes would leave? Lost count ???

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

It's not his first job either. Brereton has been a highly rated young Championship professional footballer for around two years, and has now most likely signed a decent four year contract, with a signing on fee.

Even on moderate Champ wages - I'd be more worried if he couldn't afford to get a mortgage on a 600k house at his age.

Nice that he hasn't just gone straight to Cheshire/Manchester too, head screwed on.

Anyone know how much Arma and Dack's houses that they just bought are worth? Or does it not matter?

Dack lives in Manchester I believe judging by his instagram post

Edited by chaddyrovers

17 minutes ago, unsall said:

I can only bow down to your ITK-ness

We obviously must have a crack wage negotiation team that can sign up a £7million man on a fraction of the wages of someone plucked out of League 1.

Shame they couldn’t do it for the fee too...

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

You have therefore seen the contracts for both players?

Why do you have to be a smarty, this is a message board where most fans want snippets on here, whether it’s transfers etc,I don’t post anything that isn’t true,unless of course the person telling me is not telling the truth, can’t see any reason why that would be the case,if you don’t want to know or believe me fair enough, will keep it to myself.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I was hoping a structured fee and a smallish wage to start with because he's young might have been the catalyst for Rovers to take a punt.

Forest were looking to sell at the end of the day.

What the hell would have been the price if they weren’t happy to sell?!

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Did I say how much anyone was on,no, only who was on bigger bucks than others.

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I was hoping a structured fee and a smallish wage to start with because he's young might have been the catalyst for Rovers to take a punt.

Forest were looking to sell at the end of the day.

Forest looking to sell but we had to go to £7m? Sack our negotiating team!

Wages are always relative to transfer fees so there is no way he is on £5k. That’s a L1 wage.

11 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Forest looking to sell but we had to go to £7m? Sack our negotiating team!

Wages are always relative to transfer fees so there is no way he is on £5k. That’s a L1 wage.

Which is why I raised the eyebrows at his alleged 600k house buying considering the likes of Hanley and a few others lived on Buckshaw in much more modest type properties worth about a third of that or less.

a 10% signing on fee of a deal worth 6/7 mill would be enough to buy that of course and be a sensible investment but we are told that the deal is only potentially that all in with not yet triggered add ons.

If he's buying that type of gaff at age 19 and not a Prem player common sense suggests he's on a very good contract indeed unless it was a sweetener as part of the deal to get him or he has very wealthy family.

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I'm not suggesting for a moment that you or Mercer are incorrect, but you're both faceless humans to most of us on here. 

You could both literally be anyone, saying anything and everyone on here wouldn't have a clue if what you were saying was gospel or not....

Faceless human lol, been called worse, thought MB were for sharing bits of info to the fans, I certainly wouldn’t share anything if I had any doubts from the source, you’ve told me before don’t just put a statement put meat on the bone, tried to, but too many on here only acknowledge the posters who are on 24/7, probably better saying nowt.?