BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Maybe under the new media handling guys at Rovers they can start up the official message board again ?

It would certainly give a home for those who only want to see things through blue and white rose petal glasses and leave the realists and hard to please to carry on posting on here as most have for years without having to apply for a license to raise any questions about the team, manager, signings, tactics, club etc etc !

There is a reason that board ended up flopping in the first place though .. ?

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Hasta said:

And so far, it doesn't look like that has been a good bit of work by them.

Thats all we're saying. I don't get why that is even a controveral or polarised opinion.

people have already explained why but we get shot down every time. I posted why, JHRover did and unsall did aswell. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

people have already explained why but we get shot down every time. I posted why, JHRover did and unsall did aswell. 

I don't think any of you have but I may have missed it. I've certainly not.shot anyone down for it.

Therefore, incase I have missed something you all posted that answers the question, I'll ask again. 

On what we have seen so far on the pitch, why does it look a good bit of business?

Edited by Hasta

57 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Why should anyone on a message board give ‘someone time’? If they think he’s been shite they are perfectly entitled to say so, that’s their opinion.

Just as someone else is entitled to disagree and explain that he’s 19, unfit, out of position etc.

The fans at Ewood and in various away end are the ones that need to ‘give him time’ and he got plenty of support against Leeds and that’s what matters.

Not the greatest defence! :lol: 

Ok like most people my view is TM has done a very good job to date.

However I do think he lacks some balls!  And will not proactively make a decision until he absolutely has too!

I reckon he has promised Armstrong the next shot at CF as and when it's available and therefore makes BB 3rd choice striker!

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jason Lowe captain England U-20's ? Enough said.

Don’t think anyone is comparing him to Lowe, you could all be right he could end up as a rubbish signing, just think it’s early doors to make any judgement, and why should Mowbray give the green light to sign him, too many people made their minds up already, time will tell.

35 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I don't think any of you have but I may have missed it. I've certainly not.shot anyone down for it.

Therefore, incase I have missed something you all posted that answers the question, I'll ask again. 

On what we have seen so far on the pitch, why does it look a good bit of business?

well we did. 

I said we need to be patience and time to adjust to our tactics and formation. Then judge him when he plays in proper position or the position Mowbray wants. 

I never said it was a good piece of business. yet again things ive never said. 

I have seen recently his ability to run with the ball, good touch, pace. hopefully he will played more and show how good in i

Edited by chaddyrovers

• Backroom

I don't think anybody is making a cast iron judgement on BB yet. It's just been a pretty underwhelming start to his career here. Still plenty of time for him to have an impact and hopefully he will, as I can't imagine we'll be buying too many players at that price in the future. 

12 hours ago, Hasta said:

Seems odd that we buy a striker who we don't trust to play up front unless we are losing. How hard is it to be fit enough to close players down from the front.

Where did he come on and play against Sheff United  ? (genuinely don't know as I missed that game?)

Replaced Graham iirc. I think he showed a few signs he could be a half-decent Target Man in that game. I think I commented in the match thread. But £7m is crazy the more I think about it.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

you have no idea what the budget will be in January as this will be decide in November when Mowbray and Waggott goes to India for talks.  So why did you post this comment earlier today "how did it limit our options to strengthen else? Still got money left over from the summer budget". 

Mowbray has already said the way he has handled Brereton since coming in but now you are coming through with another conspiracy theory. Which is right, bring him in slowly and let him get up to speed and used to Mowbray and his tactics/fitness demands.   Like Liverpool did with Salah!  Come on Chaddy, get real - you pay big bucks, you expect big things.

of course its relevant but you will disagree. 

I haven't done any U-turn but I have posted what Mowbray has said in media to posters asking those question why he is playing wide or not starting. How people read things that I haven't posted. 

signing someone like Brereton who is young, not played this season and not used to Mowbray ways/methods it was always going to required patience.  IMV, nonsense - a huge signing for the Rovers and for £7million, Brereton should be tearing teams to pieces for us and not getting splinters in his backside sat on the bench.

The money isn't relevant as I expect the same from every player regarding of cost or wages. When they put the Blackburn Rovers shirt I expect 100% commitment, work rate, desire and passion from every player. here a saying from Goal the film, "the name on the front of the shirt is more important than the name on the back of the shirt

what full story? another conspiracy theory by someone else. 

exactly. Mowbray and his staff will have done their work on Brereton.  Then, IMV, they are on the thinnest of thin ice as evidence so far suggests, IMV, they have failed.

Thankyou for the support 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well we did. 

I said we need to be patience and time to adjust to our tactics and formation. Then judge him when he plays in proper position or the position Mowbray wants. 

I never said it was a good piece of business. yet again things ive never said. 

I have seen recently his ability to run with the ball, good touch, pace. hopefully he will played more and show how good in i

I see this every week on the local football pitches!  Even at my age (and I played into my 50's), I can offer the first two but sadly the pace went a long, long time ago!

3 hours ago, unsall said:

Serious question, Mercer do you think Mowbray is doing a decent job, or would you prefer someone else, as you probably know I think he’s a breath of fresh air after some of the dross we have had recently, I know everything he does isn’t 100%,sometimes I think he gets the subs wrong, but overall a very decent, honest manager.

I must have seen 20+ Rovers' managers going all the way back to 'Jolly' Jack Marshall!

I've seen the good, the bad and the darn right ugly.

IMV, Mowbray is no better than a 'steady Eddie'.

OK, when Coyley left, we were in a mess but I think Mowbray should still have kept us up.  To go down on goal difference when we surrendered so many points through, IMV, Mowbray's tactics and negativity was so galling.

Did a decent job in bringing us up at first go but League One is dire and nowhere near as competitive as it was when firstly Gordon Lee and then Howard Kendall brought us out of the old Third Division as then was.  Last season, we were also probably the best resourced in that league by a country mile.

I think, at times, Mowbray over complicates things (tactically all over the place), too many square pegs in round holes and is too negative.  I find most of his substitutions baffling.

I think his transfer record is very mixed.  Dack is obviously the diamond signing but I wince at the likes of Hart and Gladwin.  Big money, for Rovers, has gone on Brereton and Armstrong and I can't see anywhere near £9million of value there.

A very decent and likeable bloke but for me, not the football manager  to lead us back to the PL.

Edited by Mercer

6 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Mowbray is absolutely right we are a striker short (as well as a centre back). But the reason we are a striker short is because he choses to play Brereton and Armstrong out of position on the wing.  And if Tony feels feel we are still a striker short why did he spend £7 Million on Brereton to play wide when he already had Rothwell, Palmer, Bennett, Conway and even Armstrong who can play out there. It seems to me that Mowbray is trying to overcomplicate things in a bid to ease pressure on Brereton rather than giving him a go in his preferred position to see what he has got. Surely he didn't believe that Samuel was going to be the answer as an alternative to Graham given that he wasn't the answer last season is League 1.

And why didn't he sign a winger? I'm not accepting that Chapman was the only winger available. Even then, Rothwell is way better out wide than just about anyone else we have but he doesn't start him. TM has been great for us but he is not perfect. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Should a player not be given time though, particularly a younger guy? If he starts for us next season and does a job, that's 7 million (or whatever) we'll spent 

No, he shouldn't be given time to play in a position he blatantly isn't suited for as you admit yourself. Points are not irrelevant you know. When he comes on wide we are playing with 10 men and with Rothwell sitting on the bench.

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I must have seen 20+ Rovers' managers going all the way back to 'Jolly' Jack Marshall!

OK, when Coyley left, we were in a mess but I think Mowbray should still have kept us up.  To go down on goal difference when we surrendered so many points through, IMV, Mowbray's tactics and negativity was so galling.

Did a decent job in bringing us up at first go but League One is dire and nowhere near as competitive as it was when firstly Gordon Lee and then Howard Kendall brought us out of the old Third Division as then was.  Last season, we were also probably the best resourced in that league by a country mile.

I think, at times, Mowbray over complicates things (tactically all over the place), too many square pegs in round holes and is too negative.  I find most of his substitutions baffling.

I think his transfer record is very mixed.  Dack is obviously the diamond signing but I wince at the likes of Hart and Gladwin.  Big money, for Rovers, has gone on Brereton and Armstrong and I can't see anywhere near £9million of value there.

A very decent and likeable bloke but for me, not the football manager  to lead us back to the PL.

Honest answer, obviously different view than me, think a lot of managers over complicates things, but to get us out of league 1 first time regardless of our resources, and to have a steady start this season, similar to Shef Unt, he’s done pretty good.

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Blimey, Ive explained my opinion on the way we used Brereton and patience is needed. Explained my view on what I expect from each player regardless of cost. 

On the budget, he still have some left over and I think the owners will.get some more money for us to kick on and sign 3 players. If you disagree fair enough

Very much disagree with it all..but I find interest you have come back on the messageboard tonight. Wonder how long it is before you telling us Dack wants out and Rovers are selling. 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Blimey, Ive explained my opinion on the way we used Brereton and patience is needed. Explained my view on what I expect from each player regardless of cost. 

On the budget, he still have some left over and I think the owners will.get some more money for us to kick on and sign 3 players. If you disagree fair enough

To clarify, is your opinion of Brereton still that we shouldnt use him wide? (or Dack central)

Amidst your repeating of Mowbrays interviews, I am unclear as to whether that has changed in the last 3 days.

Pretty much agree with your views but who would be the alternative?