BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

4 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I went to the West Ham replay - fantastic atmosphere on Ewood that night.  Queued up to get in the Riverside and missed kickoff and by the time I got in we were already ahead. It was the relegation season - why couldn't we play like that in the league ? Memories are fading but didn't we lose 1-0 at home to Sheff Wed in the quarter-finals ?

I went to the drawn Upton Park game where Byrom got 3. Terrible crowd atmosphere that day. Glad to get out alive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

I went to the West Ham replay - fantastic atmosphere on Ewood that night.  Queued up to get in the Riverside and missed kickoff and by the time I got in we were already ahead. It was the relegation season - why couldn't we play like that in the league ? Memories are fading but didn't we lose 1-0 at home to Sheff Wed in the quarter-finals ?

2-1 defeat Jim. Played on a mud bath of a pitch the like of which you never see these days.

5 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Think it was 2-1 in front of 31,000.  Think it was Ford who netted their winner.

Owls went on to lose to Everton in final where Trebilcock netted twice (surprise inclusion at expense of Fred Pick).  Remember the Everton fan who invaded the pitch and was chased across before being rugby tackled!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Getting a little bit bloody silly now given we were crying out for a goal today. 

Was just speaking with a Forest fan who asked why BB was being so messed about at Rovers as he thought he'd do well. Said they were crying out for his energy up front today whilst losing at home to PNE.

Did we sign the right player ?  Something ridiculous about this now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Was just speaking with a Forest fan who asked why BB was being so messed about at Rovers as he thought he'd do well. Said they were crying out for his energy up front today whilst losing at home to PNE.

Did we sign the right player ?  Something ridiculous about this now.

Certainly feel like we need a more detailed explanation than ‘he needs to build his upper body strength.’ He played a full season for Forest up top FFS. Something not right with this as you say. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

Treating him like a 15 year old who's never played the game before yet some of our own youth get plonked in then pulled again whether they do well or not !

Also keeping Nuttall out who's playing and scoring for the U23s and does at least know how to dig a goal out.

Either use him properly or leave him out, that would take some explaining though to the string pullers..

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

It’s this inside forward thing that puzzles me too. Brereton, Armstrong & co aren’t Robben or Sane. I know Arma had a stinker today but we’re not using any of these lads to their full effect. 

But that means changing the system to accommodate and since the Dack/Graham combo has been effective in this league - I’d say stick with the 4231

6 minutes ago, Biz said:

But that means changing the system to accommodate and since the Dack/Graham combo has been effective in this league - I’d say stick with the 4231

What about when Graham comes off or in games when he doesn't start they don't play up front then either. In fact I don't think that Brereton has played up front since his debut at Bristol City.

10 minutes ago, Biz said:

Personally I think those 2 inside forwards - whoever they have been - are always largely ineffective for us from an attacking point of view. The likes of Bennett and Reed can put in a good shift there but how many goals are they going to get you? Seems like no bugger scores for us outside of Graham, Dack or Mulgrew. We need some genuine wide men in Jan but I’m not sure Mowbray sees it that way.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1

His absence has to be financial (during the loan period), surely?

Anything else would be to criticise Mowbray or our scouting team - or bring suggestions of him being a Rao purchase not a Rovers one.

I guess we will find out once he is signed permanently...

In my view, a totally bizarre and mystifying signing.

He should have been on instead of Graham after 55 / 60 minutes.  If there was anything about him, he would have torn Middlesbrough's defence to pieces.

Today was certainly a justifiable day to give him a proper run, it's a game v ten, we are creating chances but struggling to put them away, he cost 7 million pounds, he's a STRIKER. the formation could've been altered to accommodate him if needed as we had an extra man.

Today was the day........

• Like 8

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

In my view, a totally bizarre and mystifying signing.

He should have been on instead of Graham after 55 / 60 minutes.  If there was anything about him, he would have torn Middlesbrough's defence to pieces.

How? They were defending with pretty much 10 players in their box when we were on the attack. How would he have torn them to pieces? I would like to have seen him on earlier, but to say if there was anything about him, he would have torn them to pieces doesn't really make sense. Dack has plenty about him and he couldn't tear them to pieces 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How? They were defending with pretty much 10 players in their box when we were on the attack. How would he have torn them to pieces? I would like to have seen him on earlier, but to say if there was anything about him, he would have torn them to pieces doesn't really make sense. Dack has plenty about him and he couldn't tear them to pieces 

I think it was one of Graham's 'offish days' and he looked a spent force on the hour mark.

Before Middlesbrough scored, I think Mowbray should have made two substitutions (Brereton and Rothwell on) and really gone for the killer second.

Mowbray's game management and caution put us down the season he joined us.  I think we surrender too many winning positions and end up only with a point, similarly too many positions when we are drawing are lost. 

There can be no excuses about yesterday.  We were leading 1-0 with Mulgrew's superb free kick and we were playing 10 men for 70 minutes - the restlessness amongst the Middlesbrough fans was there to see and hear.  We needed a killer second goal yet our £7million striker sat rooted on the bench until just minutes before the end.  Absolutely staggering.  

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

I think it was one of Graham's 'offish days' and he looked a spent force on the hour mark.

Before Middlesbrough scored, I think Mowbray should have made two substitutions (Brereton and Rothwell on) and really gone for the killer second.

Mowbray's game management and caution put us down the season he joined us.  I think we surrender too many winning positions and end up only with a point, similarly too many positions when we are drawing are lost. 

There can be no excuses about yesterday.  We were leading 1-0 with Mulgrew's superb free kick and we were playing 10 men for 70 minutes - the restlessness amongst the Middlesbrough fans was there to see and hear.  We needed a killer second goal yet our £7million striker sat rooted on the bench until just minutes before the end.  Absolutely staggering.  

we had more than enough chances to score a second before their scored. don't over the top with a nothing criticism. You love moaning about Mowbray at every opportunity.  

Edited by chaddyrovers

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

I agree, but you didn't respond to my previous question just how Brereton, "if he was an good" would have torn their defence apart?  They were camped in their box. 

Personally I think we should have tried a few more efforts from distance. Anyway, we had enough chances to win 3 or 4 to 1. Pity 

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

That comment about Mowbray is silly. He came into a mess and started getting results straight away. Not his team or players. To say that he put us down is very far off the mark. You do remember Coyle don't you? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1