BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

3 minutes ago, Doug said:

Why not offer a ST that can be paid over 12 months interest free rather than 9 months with interest?

Make anticipated low attendance games £10.

Cup games £10 with ST's having first dibs on their own seat.

Catt B games £20 with £2.50 being redeemable at bar / club shop.

But I do fall into the camp that believes success on the pitch is by far the biggest reason floating fans attend.

All excellent suggestions in my view.

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Sorry but I can’t do any further into your post without pointing out that the first sentence is utter garbage.

This thread is hilarious, I’ve never seen so many people try to justify the non-attendance  position.

You talk as if it’s putting off fans - as MagicalM said, the same fans are complaining that we aren’t investing more money on the team.

Genuinely, what is a game worth these days? Rather than avoid the question and go into some anti Chaddy rant, you tell me what you think the average game should cost.

No one is justifying the non-atendees. Just explaining one of the main reasons why they don't go and explaining why the 6-game deal won't work.

Do you think that this deal will significantly increase attendances?

There's a reason we got one of our biggest home cup attendances of the last 8 years for a midweek game against Newcastle despite it being in TV, and it wasn't due to success.

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Why don't they do 6 separate games at £17 each and not make people buy 6 games for £100?

Whilst I understand your main point blueboy, the obvious answer to this is that if they did that they would have to charge away fans the same. Putting together a package allows the club to charge top prices for the North End game when given their form they will no doubt bring plenty.

13 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I wonder how the club will approach season ticket sales for next season if we stumble to a bottom half finish?

We probably won't find out until June. We tend to leave it as late as possible to get the season tickets on sale whilst our rivals are getting them on sale in February. Might not make much difference to the die hards but for the floaters and drifters I'd have thought logic would suggest the longer the sales period the more are likely to be sold.

We can't fall back on the old excuse 'we don't want to release season ticket info until we know what league we are going to be in'

Just now, only2garners said:

Whilst I understand your main point blueboy, the obvious answer to this is that if they did that they would have to charge away fans the same. Putting together a package allows the club to charge top prices for the North End game when given their form they will no doubt bring plenty.

Which is fine but I thought the idea was to build our fanbase not make a few quid off North End once a year? Don't include PNE in the offer would be my answer, do 1 match offers on games where not many away fans will come. That's 50% of the clubs in our league, if not more. 

2 hours ago, Biz said:

Sorry but I can’t do any further into your post without pointing out that the first sentence is utter garbage.

This thread is hilarious, I’ve never seen so many people try to justify the non-attendance  position.

You talk as if it’s putting off fans - as MagicalM said, the same fans are complaining that we aren’t investing more money on the team.

Genuinely, what is a game worth these days? Rather than avoid the question and go into some anti Chaddy rant, you tell me what you think the average game should cost.

I think 20 pounds for an adult ticket. But I do think its should be a pound a ticket for kids and over 65 ticket 10 pounds 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a good deal for regulars like us but it won’t attract the odd match a season floating fan.

Seems fairly obvious to me, so not sure what you’re ranting about?

but even if it was 10 pounds for one game even that floating fan might not even come if he couldn't due to various reasons. I was talking to another Rovers fan through work and we were talking about Mowbray and attending games, He and his son only attend a couple of games due to other commitments like his other kids having non football commitments at weekend and his wife having to work 1 in 3 Saturday. He stated the price is no problem and deffo not a factor in his decisions. 

The club cannot cater for everyone different needs. I have a few different things like just weekend season ticket, 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

For me? No, because I wouldn’t buy a season ticket at that pro rata price if I thought it was. But we aren’t taking about people that buy season tickets.

For a fella that picks and chooses odd matches at say £22, £100 for the Riverside, £110 in the Blackburn End, £140 in the Jack Walker in one go is a lot of outlay.

You, like chaddy seem to forget that fanbases are made up of different types of fans. Main two being - the core that buy season tickets (or might) and those that won’t commit to multi match tickets and pick and choose games.

Both types need catering to and considering we have 18,000 empty seats, there is much scope to do both.

Matty, for most people the price isn't the problem but a number of other factors like Family and work commitments, success on nthe pitch, lack of PL football. 

The offer as it is a good deal price wise aswell. 

But fans also need show some commit to the club aswell as the club to them. 

23 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Unfortunately you aren’t able to debate the reasons this isn’t cause and effect.

Sorry but when you stick sarcastic laugh emojis on posts where the counter-argument is put forward you can’t expect to be taken seriously.

stop stirring the pot again Stuart, something you are very good at doing. 

7 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

I wonder how the club will approach season ticket sales for next season if we stumble to a bottom half finish?

Why? is it going to make a huge difference 

14 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Do you think that this deal will significantly increase attendances?

There's a reason we got one of our biggest home cup attendances of the last 8 years for a midweek game against Newcastle despite it being in TV, and it wasn't due to success.

no it was PL team. until we get there attendances will not go significantly despite the price

When we reduced ST prices under Williams how many more ST holders did we add? What was the reduction? Was it £150 per ST on average?

As I recall we were in the Prem before we reduced them and then the season after we reduced them we were still in the Prem. That must mean success had nothing to do with the increase in ST holders. It must have been price. 

Edited by blueboy3333

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

stop stirring the pot again Stuart, something you are very good at doing. 

As someone who thinks clicking the laugh emoji in order to laugh AT someone sarcastically is acceptable, you are the least qualified person on here to comment.

Your lack of self-awareness is breathtaking.

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

The club cannot cater for everyone different needs. I have a few different things like just weekend season ticket, 

Matty, for most people the price isn't the problem but a number of other factors like Family and work commitments, success on nthe pitch, lack of PL football. 

First point. You obviously do think the club should cater for different needs or you wouldn’t have your idea of a weekend season ticket.

Second point. Totally agree there are various factors. However, with 18,000 empty seats the club has the spare capacity to try various things through the season. I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t support that. 

There’s a place for a ‘6 games for £100’ offer, but there’s also a place for an odd £10 anywhere in the ground offer too.

Edited by Mattyblue

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

For some context we have probably spent a big chunk of next three seasons gate receipts on 'a project' assuming we are paying £2m per season for him. And who is answerable for that?

Going off the last window it could well be they've tied up all the remaining money from this years budget in that signing, ridiculous really.

Let's hope next years budget has room in it otherwise it'll be sell to buy or back to the bargain bucket again on the back of the BB signing.  With a bit of sensible spending mid season this side could be challenging the play offs with the hope of being right in the mix next season with a bit more in summer. As it is there is a real danger of a slide and slog now just to stay in mitable and that's when rot sets in with other players beginning to eye moves in summer.

Manager seems perfectly comfortable with that, well you would if you've created your very own 'zone' to sit in for a while.

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

First point. You obviously do think the club should cater for different needs or you wouldn’t have your idea of a weekend season ticket.

Second point. Totally agree there are various factors. However, with 18,000 empty seats the club has the spare capacity to try various things through the season. I don’t understand why anyone wouldn’t support that. 

There’s a place for a ‘6 games for £100’ offer, but there’s also a place for an odd £10 anywhere in the ground offer too.

We absolutely should be trying to get punters in those seats.

The reason why many don’t support cheap tickets is because of resentment... “I’ve paid £15 - £17 per ticket, why should anyone get one for a tenner”.

So one answer is reducing the price for all. Would a £199 ST double current season ticket sales? If not, what would the increase be? Or a £249 one. Right now there is no attempt being made to find that sweet spot. Instead, it seems to be - keep increasing until we see the numbers drop.

We already have (or had) free tickets for Under 8s. If this is still an offer then it isn’t being marketed very well. Could they offer large reductions on the 18-25 demographic? Group discounts if purchased together? There is an upcoming ‘ST holders can bring a friend for a tenner’ against Boro but that would mean moving or sitting them by themselves somewhere. 1875 club members can also get in for £10. At least it’s a start. 

Maybe a 10 game deal for 1875 club members as a voucher book (or online credit) as a Premium membership. Pay £30 membership and get to buy up to 10 games at £10 each (subject to availability).

Fans are suggesting these things, is anyone at the club motivated to do likewise?

15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

For some context we have probably spent a big chunk of next three seasons gate receipts on 'a project' assuming we are paying £2m per season for him. And who is answerable for that?

If that is true - and it’s a view - then Venkys are doing nothing at all for this football club. Using their collateral to make up any annual deficit and adding it to the debt pile (of money owed to them).

30 minutes ago, Stuart said:

As someone who thinks clicking the laugh emoji in order to laugh AT someone sarcastically is acceptable, you are the least qualified person on here to comment.

Your lack of self-awareness is breathtaking.

outstanding Stuart. give yourself a pant on the back. 

not everyone is the same Stuart but you just keep throwing the insults out which I haven't done. I will repeat again no insults throw out by me. 

27 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

my point the club cannot cater for every single person need 

23 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Swansea and Stoke. Both not on TV. Both on a weekend?

???

The Swansea game was on BBC Wales Tv

Either club are as big as Newcastle are they. 

and how the club has been under Mowbray

Yes Ticket were cheap but the opposition does count aswell, 

Edited by chaddyrovers