BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

27 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Just because you don't like Pulis and his teams doesn't mean Boro fans won't turn up in numbers to cheer on their promotion chasing team

Last time I looked Boro were in the top 6; Rovers playing "nice" football are not. 

I would suggest you look at Boro.fans sites and look at home games where the fans are very much on the back on Pulis and the players. Pulis has said they are playing better as there is less pressure on. 

Also look on twitter at Boro fans comments Pulis and the style aftet last night game

Look at these links/comments

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=9086&highlight=Pulis+style+of+football#pid630874

https://www.oneboro.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=9168&highlight=Pulis+style+of+football#pid632572

Screenshot_20190206-174401_Chrome.jpg

Edited by chaddyrovers

Th

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I would suggest you look at Boro.fans sites and look at home games where the fans are very much on the back on Pulis and the players. Pulis has said they are playing better as there is less pressure on. 

Also look on twitter at Boro fans comments Pulis and the style aftet last night game

All clubs. including Boro, have their playstation fans who think their team should turn it on like Man City.

Boro fans will be happy enough if he gets them back in the Premier League.

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Th

All clubs. including Boro, have their playstation fans who think their team should turn it on like Man City.

Boro fans will be happy enough if he gets them back in the Premier League.

Clubs have fans who want to win and play good football not negative football

Look at the links and fans thoughts not everyone is like you Jim

Edited by chaddyrovers

I'm an 1875 member. The only 'benefit' I have received from buying membership has been to get 5 quid in club cash back which I can only spend toward expensive merchandise. The other benefit is I get to buy away tickets in the first window of sales but really my buying history in itself should see to that, and this season it hasn't been necessary anyway as no games have sold out before general sale.

• Moderation Lead
24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Clubs have fans who want to win and play good football not negative football

Look at the links and fans thoughts not everyone is like you Jim

Anyone with a brain would want winning football over anything else. 

If Pulis gets them promoted, all will be forgotten. Though one thing I will grant you, is playing Hugill over Assombalonga is absolute madness.

Hugill is totally garbage and never scores.

Edited by K-Hod

Just now, JHRover said:

I'm an 1875 member. The only 'benefit' I have received from buying membership has been to get 5 quid in club cash back which I can only spend toward expensive merchandise. The other benefit is I get to buy away tickets in the first window of sales but really my buying history in itself should see to that, and this season it hasn't been necessary anyway as no games have sold out before general sale.

The folk I go away with bought it last season due to worries about small allocations.

In the end only one game didn’t reach general sale - Fleetwood.

This season nobody bothered as we estimated (correctly as it’s turned out) that for no away game would demand outstrip supply before general sale. 

So you can only assume memberships have fallen off a cliff, especially for season ticket holders.

You're probably right mattyblue. It's worked for me though, as i knew I would be buying a few extra match tickets. My son gave up his season ticket this season as he only made 4/5 games all last year, but he still gets to a few and the £3 discount is worth it for me.

Before the Brentford capitulation, Boro were the team people were suggesting most vulnerable to us getting into 6th.

The club are doing a promo for it and the fans are reacting with unbridled enthusiasm and desire to get behind the lads in big numbers to cheer the Rovers on to the play-offs..    

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Anyone with a brain would want winning football over anything else. 

If Pulis gets them promoted, all will be forgotten. Though one thing I will grant you, is playing Hugill over Assombalonga is absolute madness.

Hugill is totally garbage and never scores.

I dont know why he does go those 2 up front anyway in 3-5-2. 3 good centre backs he got anyway. He has played youngster Lewis Wing so deserve credit for them. I dont like this Stewart Downing contract situation either

I dont see them winning playoffs. Hes too negative. 

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not sure it a game that will exciting game. Boro are very boring team to watch. Boro fans at home are on the back of the team pretty quick. 

I cant see many Boro fans turning up with Pulis as manager and tactics, game on a Sunday and on TV. 

Chaddy---aren't we very boring much of the time? Isn't TM a very cautious manager, arguably negative?

He just isn't very good at defending, ironically.

When we criticise other teams for being boring and other managers for being negative, I don't think we argue from a very strong position.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, 47er said:

Chaddy---aren't we very boring much of the time? Isn't TM a very cautious manager, arguably negative?

When we criticise other teams for being boring and other managers for being negative, I don't think we argue from a very strong position.

Agreed. We do have intermittent spells like v Hull first half were we play entertaining football and we do have a couple of entertaining individuals but weve played the second most long balls (Lambert has overtaken us for that at Ipswich) in the league and play the percentages.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Agreed. We do have intermittent spells like v Hull first half were we play entertaining football and we do have a couple of entertaining individuals but weve played the second most long balls (Lambert has overtaken us for that at Ipswich) in the league and play the percentages.

We have conceded more goals away from home than any other team in the division, that's more than Ipswich, more than Bolton or Rotherham.

You could call that entertaining I suppose but for everybody else unfortunately!  :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I don't feel like we are boring team to watch personally myself. Yes we can have boring halfs of football. 

45 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

what count as a long ball pass? does it include switch a play? how many yards count as long, medium and short pass? 

Against Brentford we played 71 long passes out of 318 passes during the game. that's about 23%. 

35 minutes ago, 47er said:

We have conceded more goals away from home than any other team in the division, that's more than Ipswich, more than Bolton or Rotherham.

You could call that entertaining I suppose but for everybody else unfortunately!  :(

conceded 17 goals in 4 games against mid table team away games isn't good enough. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I dont know why he does go those 2 up front anyway in 3-5-2. 3 good centre backs he got anyway. He has played youngster Lewis Wing so deserve credit for them. I dont like this Stewart Downing contract situation either

You'd have hated the Rovers promotion winning side under Kendall.

Kept it tight for most of the match then nicked a goal near the end. 

Winning football - love it

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 5

Got to applaud Bradford City who have announced prices for next season (how long until we get ours released?).

Any adult over 16 gets a season ticket for £150

Under 16s £100

Under 11s £25

'Flexi Cards' are £50 which entitle holders to pay £10 on the turnstiles for whichever games they fancy

Now that is making an effort to get them in. Particularly after a poor season for them. Only another 3-4 months to wait until we find out what Rovers will be doing.

I suspect they'll have more signed up by mid-April when the window closes than we'll have by August.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lewis Wing is 23. Not that young

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The point is that the main objective is and has always been to win.

If Pulis gets Boro up then no matter how he does it, hes done the job he set out to do.

Did I ever say otherwise? But style of play has been more and more important..

Pulis wont take them up. 

Suggest you look at those links/fans comments i posted yesterday. It tell you what some fans think of Pulis. 

13 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

any response to this question roversfan99

what count as a long ball pass? does it include switch a play? how many yards count as long, medium and short pass? 

Against Brentford we played 71 long passes out of 318 passes during the game. that's about 23%.

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

any response to this question roversfan99

I really get confused by statistics particularly how they are compiled. For example how are possession stats decided? Is it the actual length of time a team has the ball? If so then does a one touch pass count the same as a dribble or what about when the keeper has the ball for the maximum six seconds for several times a game. Is that possession? And ultimately they mean nothing.

I'm really sceptical when I see them and hear managers using them to justify something or other (usually a loss). I remember well the Kean 'entries into the opposition penalty area' after a poor performance and drubbing at Villa.

The only stats that matters in a game is the goals scored and conceded.

• Like 1