BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Attendances

Neal

52 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

any response to this question roversfan99

what count as a long ball pass? does it include switch a play? how many yards count as long, medium and short pass? 

Against Brentford we played 71 long passes out of 318 passes during the game. that's about 23%.

Obviously there are going to be more short balls than long balls per game for every team, fannying about with it at the back for half a dozen passes before playing long and tippy tappy play in midfied etc

What you should be comparing it to is other teams in the league .

For the season so far we are second in the table for long balls per game average just behind Ipswich and just above Preston, according to who scored . com (2nd for home games, and first for away games)

23rd on number of crosses per game (22nd for home games, 24th for away games) , and 15th per short passes per game (14th home games, 15th away games)

Based on the above shows we play a more long ball /direct game than the majority of teams in the league, just be grateful  we didn't get rid of the only player who's anywhere decent at hold up play when his legs had gone :)

As for what distance they measure at , no idea.

Some other stats we are 21st in the table for shots per game, (15th Home /21st away) , 16th for shots on target ( 13th home / 17th away) 8th for Dribbles per game (3rd Home/ 11th away) 

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I really get confused by statistics particularly how they are compiled. For example how are possession stats decided? Is it the actual length of time a team has the ball? If so then does a one touch pass count the same as a dribble or what about when the keeper has the ball for the maximum six seconds for several times a game. Is that possession? And ultimately they mean nothing.

I'm really sceptical when I see them and hear managers using them to justify something or other (usually a loss). I remember well the Kean 'entries into the opposition penalty area' after a poor performance and drubbing at Villa.

The only stats that matters in a game is the goals scored and conceded.

that's what im asking roversfan99 the questions. He the using the stats. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did I ever say otherwise? But style of play has been more and more important..

Pulis wont take them up. 

Suggest you look at those links/fans comments i posted yesterday. It tell you what some fans think of Pulis. 

"Some fans" on a website. How many's that - fewer than 0.5 per cent of the total average gate?

I'd suggest the 99.5 per cent will be delighted when Pulis takes them up

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did I ever say otherwise? But style of play has been more and more important..

Pulis wont take them up. 

Suggest you look at those links/fans comments i posted yesterday. It tell you what some fans think of Pulis. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

any response to this question roversfan99

what count as a long ball pass? does it include switch a play? how many yards count as long, medium and short pass? 

Against Brentford we played 71 long passes out of 318 passes during the game. that's about 23%.

I dont know what counts officially as a long pass, as @perthblue02 said they are from whoscored. I can see using my own eyes that we do tend to play plenty of long balls, we are a very direct side. And for such a defender of Mowbray, I find your obsession with style a bit strange when ours is hardly free flowing football. As well as your obsession of the opinions of other fans opinions, for example Ipswich fans biased views against McCarthy has shown that fans arent always right.

Pulis isnt my favourite manager and he is overly defensive to the detriment of his own team at times IMO but his defensive record is excellent and chalk and cheese with ours under Mowbray. 

Not sure why you are using our Brentford stats. We lost 5-2!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, only2garners said:

And exactly how does all this relate to the discussion on attendances?

at a push , The style of football leading to positive /negative results as a affect on the entertainment / value for money aspect leading to the amount of attendees ?

Edited by perthblue02

It's the thought that counts and at least they are trying something although the lack of transfer activity doesn't really send out a statement of intent for the second half of the season. I expect the problems of lack of capable CH cover and the over reliance on Graham both of which have cause problems and probably cost a few points up to now will re-emerge. That will likely see the season peter out to a respectable midtable finish which seems the total of the managers ambition this season or those above him despite what noises they make sometimes.

Plus points are seeing how the youngsters progress and maybe blooding one or two more which is nice to see for the regulars and part regulars.

It’s the exact same deal as the one on offer in the summer and around November/December, just for a quarter of matches, not all of them or half. We only sold about 400 half season tickets, which are often handily bought for Christmas presents.

So not sure a team in mid table is going to help this offer fly off the shelves at £18-£23 a match, but hope you’re right and a lot of fans do take it up.

A few wins from tomorrow and we are sniffing around the play offs before it kicks in for Preston will help...

The club won't undercut the package they have given to full and half ST holders for a 6 game package.

I'd agree that I don't expect huge numbers of this package to be sold. Maybe the fact that for 6 games it's a relatively small amount of cash for many might encourage a few and for most they should have a fair idea of whether they can make the games, which you can't when you're buying in the Summer.

• Like 1

I’ve nothing against the deal, a quarter season ticket is a good idea, but I personally don’t think an offer that costs between £17 and £23 a match is one that will do much for a mid table side.

What else could we do? Cheap one off games that aren’t connected to ‘bring a mate’ or with other strings attached. Make it an attractive, Saturday 3pm match. 

Though for me they can undercut my season ticket with pleasure, and they have in the past, I’m sure I can remember ‘3 games for £30’ offers in the past - bums on seats all the way for me.

• Like 4

So the plan to try and encourage boycotters, lapsed fans and never-attendees to get themselves into the new Ewood experience is to get them to suddenly spend the best part of £100 on tickets.

Hmmm. See the flaw in this?

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So the plan to try and encourage boycotters, lapsed fans and never-attendees to get themselves into the new Ewood experience is to get them to suddenly spend the best part of £100 on tickets.

Surely everyone has a spare £100 floating around just waiting for away day dramas like last weekend to make them part with it on something they haven't spent a penny on for months

A teacher would score it............2/10....see me

5 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ve nothing against the deal, a quarter season ticket is a good idea, but I personally don’t think an offer that costs between £17 and £23 a match is one that will do much for a mid table side.

What else could we do? Cheap one off games that aren’t connected to ‘bring a mate’ or with other strings attached. Make it an attractive, Saturday 3pm match. 

Though for me they can undercut my season ticket with pleasure, and they have in the past, I’m sure I can remember ‘3 games for £30’ offers in the past - bums on seats all the way for me.

I think the fans who have kept renewing and being a season ticket holders during  last few years under Venkys should have the best price IMO 

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

yes but do you expect Rovers to do? give them away price wise

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

The flaw is in the first half of your opening sentence. I’d guess the deal is aimed at the much larger group not on your list - the infrequent attenders.