BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well I wouldn't. I would think the 35k figure I quoted is abit right. 

I don't see Brereton as a reserve wide man like yourself but someone who are developing and will play up front. Mowbray is taking into time with the player and not expecting too much. 

I don't want anything from the guy at all. I wouldn't accept a case of wine of him. No thanks Mercerman. no offence at all

yet again I didn't say that but you don't want one player on double the wages of players like Mulgrew, Dack, Graham and Bennett

I dont understand your justification that "Mowbray is taking his time" with Brereton or "not expecting too much."

His reasoning behind playing him wide even when Graham is unavailable or unfit is flawed and makes no sense, owing to the alternatives. 

Have your changed your mind or do you think that Mowbray is wrong to play him wide?

• Moderation Lead

If Graham is unfit or whatever, then it’s not unreasonable to expect Brereton to be starting in his absence. 

It’s weirder when he doesn’t and even worse when someone who isn’t a striker is shoehorned there and just makes Mowbray look daft when we ultimately lose the game....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. 

No thankyou. I want nothing from you

This perpetual pint-flirting between Mercer and Chaddy is hilarious. 'Go on Chaddy, take my pint you dirty bastard'. I think the man needs to learn to take no for an answer, this is becoming alcoholic harassment now. Maybe he thinks Chaddy is just playing hard to get, and before you know it one pint will lead to another and then...

Just now, bluebruce said:

This perpetual pint-flirting between Mercer and Chaddy is hilarious. 'Go on Chaddy, take my pint you dirty bastard'. I think the man needs to learn to take no for an answer, this is becoming alcoholic harassment now. Maybe he thinks Chaddy is just playing hard to get, and before you know it one pint will lead to another and then...

He wants to get him in his wine cellar and do some serious fermenting.

33 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont understand your justification that "Mowbray is taking his time" with Brereton or "not expecting too much."

His reasoning behind playing him wide even when Graham is unavailable or unfit is flawed and makes no sense, owing to the alternatives. 

Have your changed your mind or do you think that Mowbray is wrong to play him wide?

Where in my post as I said I'm happy with him playing wide if Graham isn't on the pitch. where have I said this? FFS!!!

If Graham is on the pitch then he either play up front with him or wide right. guess it depends if Dack is on the pitch. I think he would score from Graham head downs or hold up play

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Where in my post as I said I'm happy with him playing wide if Graham isn't on the pitch. where have I said this? FFS!!!

If Graham is on the pitch then he either play up front with him or wide right. guess it depends if Dack is on the pitch. I think he would score from Graham head downs or hold up play

I didnt say that. I asked a question because I didnt understand your comments about not expecting too much.

Couple of new names for you boys:

Jordon Jones -

Left Winger - Kilmarnock

Being linked already to the Championship and Rangers in January. Out of contract in Summer, so right up Tonys alley. Brilliant left winger, standout player in the SPL. 

Giorgios Kyriakopoulos -

Left Back - Asteras Tripolis

Saw him in two legs vs Hibs in the Euro Cup, best player on the park both games and scored a cracker at Easter Rd. Only 22 and looks the part. Anyone with links to the club, please forward onto to Scout team.

I've a sneaky feeling the reason Brereton isn't getting more gametime is because there's a clause in his contract that triggers a permanent deal if he has 'x' number of starts/minutes.

Anyone else suspecting the same?

12 minutes ago, Amo said:

I've a sneaky feeling the reason Brereton isn't getting more gametime is because there's a clause in his contract that triggers a permanent deal if he has 'x' number of starts/minutes.

Nope cos the deal is done. 

He signed permanently here 1st of January. Just bought a house in Whalley I believe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He signed permanently here 1st of January. Just bought a house in Whalley I believe

Could you also tell me next week's lotto numbers, please?

Edited by Amo

28 minutes ago, Amo said:

Think the permanent deal is done and dusted but wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of financial incentive to not play him.

10 minutes ago, Amo said:

What's the point of loaning him if it's already a done deal?

Because the permanent deal was too late to get through before the deadline? 

Would he have got much game time at Forest knowing that he would be leaving 1st Jan (although it is debatable on his previous one and half seasons in the first team squad there  he might have got a bit more than he is currently) and an injury could scupper the whole deal.

The reason I am leaning to the loan deal being heavily weighted in Forests favour financially, is it was a rushed deal to get him here so Mowbray could work with him , when the transfer deal could not happen in time.

We don't know how the move to sign him went down, maybe Mowbray thought that getting him here to work on aspects of his game that he thinks are lacking for a few months before he officially becomes our player is worth it

1 hour ago, Amo said:

Could you also tell me next week's lotto numbers, please?

yes sure :lol:

1 hour ago, Amo said:

What's the point of loaning him if it's already a done deal?

cos the permanent signing deadline for deals was closed. 

1 hour ago, perthblue02 said:

The reason I am leaning to the loan deal being heavily weighted in Forests favour financially, is it was a rushed deal to get him here so Mowbray could work with him , when the transfer deal could not happen in time.

We don't know how the move to sign him went down, maybe Mowbray thought that getting him here to work on aspects of his game that he thinks are lacking for a few months before he officially becomes our player is worth it

how was the deal rush when it took 2 weeks to sort the deal out? hardly rush was it?

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

how was the deal rush when it took 2 weeks to sort the deal out? hardly rush was it?

So you are saying that the loan deal was arranged before the full deal? 

It would be rushed if Forest did not want him to come here on loan and it was announced only two* days before the loan window closed

Edit - three days

Edited by perthblue02

36 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

So you are saying that the loan deal was arranged before the full deal? 

It would be rushed if Forest did not want him to come here on loan and it was announced only two* days before the loan window closed

Edit - three days

not at all but Rovers were in talks for over/about 3 weeks about this deal. Rovers try to buy Brereton the day before/on the day of the permanent deadline signing window but it didn't happen for whatever reasons. But then Rovers pursuit a loan to buy deal which took time to sort all the details out. almost 3 weeks. 

has Mowbray said at the time, signing Brereton was too much of good opportunity not to signed him when he came available

Again without it wanting to appear to be an episode of Mowbray bashing I'm not sure what the idea was behind Brereton. All this talk about long term projects and one for the future, yet it's the here and now that matters. I'm not sure how or why as a Championship club we are following a process of long term player development so much so that we're short on numbers in games and not focusing on immediate results.

Very odd. I can't imagine the likes of Cook, Parkinson, Rowett etc. spending the majority of their cash on players not ready to play in their teams.

• Like 5

Just now, JHRover said:

Again without it wanting to appear to be an episode of Mowbray bashing I'm not sure what the idea was behind Brereton. All this talk about long term projects and one for the future, yet it's the here and now that matters. I'm not sure how or why as a Championship club we are following a process of long term player development so much so that we're short on numbers in games and not focusing on immediate results.

Very odd. I can't imagine the likes of Cook, Parkinson, Rowett etc. spending the majority of their cash on players not ready to play in their teams.

The lad has looked good in his cameos. two assists and a well taken "goal" against Preston. The issue is Mowbrays reluctance to start him. I think the lad looks like he will be a good signing

I agree we really could have done with spending money on a striker for now though. Even if we got one on loan during the summer to help take the pressure off Graham. 

It is a bit odd that we are having to play Dack or Palmer there 

Who knows, he could let Brereton off the leash shortly 

14 hours ago, Fraserkirky said:

Couple of new names for you boys:

Jordon Jones -

Left Winger - Kilmarnock

Being linked already to the Championship and Rangers in January. Out of contract in Summer, so right up Tonys alley. Brilliant left winger, standout player in the SPL. 

Giorgios Kyriakopoulos -

Left Back - Asteras Tripolis

Saw him in two legs vs Hibs in the Euro Cup, best player on the park both games and scored a cracker at Easter Rd. Only 22 and looks the part. Anyone with links to the club, please forward onto to Scout team.

I used to watch Rochdale when Rovers were away. I went to see them play Leyton Orient one day in the old Third Division.  Rochdale had a brilliant right winger in those days along the lines of Stuart Metcalfe and Noel Brotherston. He was running full backs ragged most weeks. Orient had a young lad playing left back called Dennis Rofe. He played the 'Dale winger completely out of the game, the winger never got a kick. To cap it all after about 80 minutes Rofe went on a length of the wing run to set up an Orient goal.

I thought this kid can't fail, he's got it all, he was as quick as lightening and really hard in the tackle.

So I wrote to the Rovers chief scout telling about what I'd seen. I got a reply back thanking me for my comments but telling me that Rofe was already signed to the Leyton Orient club !

Well we all knew that, everybody's signed to a club, that's why we have transfer bids. It was just a brush off letter. After that I never bothered writing to the club.

About 15 months later Rofe signed for Leicester City for what was a record fee for a full back in British football.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Look at Mowbray's comments when Brereton signed. Comments like not rushing him, patience, not putting too much pressure on him. Signing Brereton was too much of a good opportunity to miss out on. 

Why keep comparing us and Mowbray to other managers? I couldnt give flying **** about Cook, Parkinson and Rowett. And those managers you named are at clubs below us. Enough said. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Look at Mowbray's comments when Brereton signed. Comments like not rushing him, patience, not putting too much pressure on him. Signing Brereton was too much of a good opportunity to miss out on. 

Why keep comparing us and Mowbray to other managers? I couldnt give flying **** about Cook, Parkinson and Rowett. And those managers you named are at clubs below us. Enough said. 

Someones touchy today - you need to go get laid man. Oh forgot, its Tuesday.

• Like 2