BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Watching Adomah for Villa now. We could do with someone in that mould on the wing with a bit of pace to get down the wing and then put some good quality crosses into the box for Graham and Dack. Bennett had so much space at times in the first half yesterday and did nothing with it.

like Oliver Burke?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

well if Mowbray has said this then I strongly disagree. Brereton is ready to play for me. 

I agree we need another striker if he wont play Brereton there. 

any names? 

Depends what route we want to go down. Harrods or Poundstretcher.  If it's the Poundstretcher route that guy Henderson at Rochdale scores plenty of goals in a pretty poor team. A good experienced pro that might be the new Bradley Dack,  on the other hand he could be the new Frank Lord. That's one for the guys with a long memory.

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Depends what route we want to go down. Harrods or Poundstretcher.  If it's the Poundstretcher route that guy Henderson at Rochdale scores plenty of goals in a pretty poor team. A good experienced pro that might be the new Bradley Dack,  on the other hand he could be the new Frank Lord. That's one for the guys with a long memory.

We could always pay Harrods prices for Poundstretcher goods...then leave them on the bench...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I would look at Madine from Cardiff or Eaves from Gillingham. Morris from Norwich if fit

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

like Oliver Burke?

Tell me if Burke is as good as you say, why does he barely ever make the WBA bench let alone play? To me Burke seems to have had a purple patch for a few months at Forest a few years ago, left for big money and done nothing of note since and only has a reputation because he moved for big money at a young age.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would look at Madine from Cardiff or Eaves from Gillingham. Morris from Norwich if fit

Madine? The bloke hasn't scored for nearly a year. Morris is hardly prolific he managed 6 goals in the whole of last season for Shrewsbury. I'd like to see us look in the foreign market much more value for money there look at Maupay at Brentford scores goals for fun and only cost about £1.5 Million.  

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Tell me if Burke is as good as you say, why does he barely ever make the WBA bench let alone play? To me Burke seems to have had a purple patch for a few months at Forest a few years ago, left for big money and done nothing of note since and only has a reputation because he moved for big money at a young age.

how do I know why? 

I follow a couple of WBA fans on twitter and they are always saying Burke should play. 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

Having a fancy border round your posts is like wearing pink boots. If you're Elliot Ward it looks a bit silly;)

You have the all clear to give all of Blueboy's posts a glittering pink border, @OnePhilT

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Graham only scored 1 goal in 18 months before joining us on loan under Lambert

Difference being Graham had scored goals at the highest level and had been a pretty prolific scorer of goals in the Championship. Madine on the other hand had a few good months in the Championship other that that most of his goals have been in League 1.

52 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Difference being Graham had scored goals at the highest level and had been a pretty prolific scorer of goals in the Championship. Madine on the other hand had a few good months in the Championship other that that most of his goals have been in League 1.

changing the goal posts to suit your point. no surprise there

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

changing the goal posts to suit your point. no surprise there

Not at all Graham had proven himself at this level. Madine hasn't. Madine scored a few goals during a little purple patch at Bolton in the Championship other than that nearly all his goals have been in League 1. Graham scored goals in the Premier League for Swansea and in the Championship for Watford including being the League's top scorer in one season. Madine has done nothing near that he has only scored more than 10 league goals in a season once despite playing most of his career in League 1.

• Like 1

Madine is pony. How Bolton got big money for him is beyond belief - even their fans couldn't believe it.

Who would I go for if we were in the market? Big bloke who can't get a game at boro, goes by the name of Rudy - you might remember him.

Edited by LDRover
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom Stinny said:

Still think it should be either kieffer Moore or John Marquis from league 1. Both wouldn't cost the earth and to me the squad needs filling out for get some lads who give you 6 out of 10 a week with a Dack or two giving you that star quality.

We were quoted over £2m for Kieffer Moore in summer, and with Barnsley set to seriously challenge for promotion, they'll probably be asking for even more come January if he was to leave.

5 minutes ago, north_ender said:

We were quoted over £2m for Kieffer Moore in summer, and with Barnsley set to seriously challenge for promotion, they'll probably be asking for even more come January if he was to leave.

That shouldn't be an issue when the club seems to be able to spend £7m on a teenage gamble. I think the club has missed a trick in not picking up some of the better players from the division below. 

Another example is the lad at Ipswich in Edwards. He would have added pace and balance to this team also. Buying buar should happen as well. 

All three could have been bought for around £3.5m-£4m. Let's be honest £5m-£10m in today's market is pocket change and that's being kind.

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

Cough brereton

I think madine is a good realistic option on loan til the end of the season as back up.

Id love Rudy but no one has any idea if we're splashing big and tony is reigning them in or if the whole thing is a side show. I find it a strange concept that a manager would reign in the owners regarding spending. Normally it's the other way round ala moanriniho

Edited by Oldgregg86

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

why didn't you sign him? 

Neil and Ridsdale would've paid £1.5m-£2m which sounded do-able in June, but Hemmings didn't sanction it. By the end of the summer his price had gone up even more with Barnsley fielding enquires from several other clubs.

It should have been sanctioned given the amount of money we received for Hugill and Cunningham, but unfortunately Hemmings is not a footballing man, and is quite old-fashioned in his views on what footballers are worth. So we don't pay the going rate for wages at this level (understandable) but we never pay the market/going rate in transfer fees which has held us back, especially during the summer when looking for a striker.

Not signing a target man to replace Hugill hurt us quite badly at the start of this season, and it's taken us a while to adjust. I expect one to still be on Neil's list come January, and we've scouted Sam Surridge (on loan at Oldham from Bournemouth). Nmecha is a big talent but he's only on loan, very inexperienced and not really a proper target man. We needed more than a youngster on loan really. I feel a bigger club at this level will probably get Nmecha on loan next season and benefit from the experience he's had at PNE, and he'll be an animal in this division at that point.

Just now, north_ender said:

Neil and Ridsdale would've paid £1.5m-£2m which sounded do-able in June, but Hemmings didn't sanction it. By the end of the summer his price had gone up even more with Barnsley fielding enquires from several other clubs.

It should have been sanctioned given the amount of money we received for Hugill and Cunningham, but unfortunately Hemmings is not a footballing man, and is quite old-fashioned in his views on what footballers are worth. So we don't pay the going rate for wages at this level (understandable) but we never pay the market/going rate in transfer fees which has held us back, especially during the summer when looking for a striker.

Not signing a target man to replace Hugill hurt us quite badly at the start of this season, and it's taken us a while to adjust. I expect one to still be on Neil's list come January, and we've scouted Sam Surridge (on loan at Oldham from Bournemouth). Nmecha is a big talent but he's only on loan, very inexperienced and not really a proper target man. We needed more than a youngster on loan really. I feel a bigger club at this level will probably get Nmecha on loan next season and benefit from the experience he's had at PNE, and he'll be an animal in this division at that point.

Nmecha is a player we were tenously linked with in the summer, but he was fairly quiet compared to your other attacking players yesterday I felt, and would I be right in saying that he is yet to score for you?

I'd much rather have Graham but even without him, Brereton has obviously got over a year of Championship experience in that role, and Nmecha just being that central striker gave the rest of the attack a bit of structure. And he is our player to develop.

I'd take Dack over Browne (although I really like both) but I've always been impressed by Pearson and especially by your 2 wide men. Mowbray loves his wide number 10's, his wide forwards and his defensive wingers but Robinson and Barkhuizen give you all the pace, width and goal threat that you could ever really need.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Nmecha is a player we were tenously linked with in the summer, but he was fairly quiet compared to your other attacking players yesterday I felt, and would I be right in saying that he is yet to score for you?

I'd much rather have Graham but even without him, Brereton has obviously got over a year of Championship experience in that role, and Nmecha just being that central striker gave the rest of the attack a bit of structure. And he is our player to develop.

I'd take Dack over Browne (although I really like both) but I've always been impressed by Pearson and especially by your 2 wide men. Mowbray loves his wide number 10's, his wide forwards and his defensive wingers but Robinson and Barkhuizen give you all the pace, width and goal threat that you could ever really need.

Yeah Nmecha hasn't scored yet. He was well off the pace when he first came, didn't seem to know the requirements in terms of work rate at this level, but then again he only had 2 sub appearances in professional football on his record and he is 19. Something just seemed to click with him though and in games against Villa, Wigan and Brentford he's absolutely dominated their defenders all game. He will be a top player but we need a more experienced type with some guile to help us kick on.

Browne is a bit of an unconventional no.10. Not really a technical, playmaker type but he presses like an animal all game for the team and wins a lot of headers up there, plus chips in with a few goals. Neil absolutely loves him and views him as a key cog in our system.

Robinson will probably end up being the next one we sell for a fortune and only reinvest a few of hundred grand on a replacement. It's the Hemmings way.

• Like 1