BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Whatever Brereton cost it was too much if he isn't deemed able to start a game in the Championship. Whatever the reasons, whatever the logic behind it, nobody at this level could or should be paying multi-millions on any player who after 4 months still isn't ready to play.

He's had no injury issues as far as I am aware, it's not as though he's arrived from South America and has taken weeks to adjust to the climate or English football. He's a lad who at the young age of 19 has significant experience at Forest and has moved a couple of hours up the road.

All this could perhaps be overlooked if he was 3rd or 4th choice behind Graham, Samuel, Armstrong who were fit and firing every week, yet Samuel has been out all season (which we knew a long time ago was happening), Armstrong is being used out wide and Graham is unable to play every game. So despite all that we're turning up at PNE without a striker whilst the long term project is sat on his backside until 70 minutes as usual.

If the deal is there, and you want the player long term - I doubt you’d back out because you may see his more definite impact arriving 12 months down the line as opposed to now! Especially if you’re trying to slowly build the club up.

We also play 1 centreforward most games. So what is the issue with him getting minutes in different attacking positions? He’s made an instant impact last three games too - unlucky his goal was offside.

If we change setup too - we’ve a great set of strikers with different attributes to choose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

So is Danny Graham but Henderson plays 90 minutes every week and has had a pretty injury free career. Scored another one on Saturday. He can play the hold up role and score goals.  He's got a mean streak as well so centre halves know to tread softly when they're marking him. He'd be good to bring on after 60mins, at least you could throw him up front and not have to protect him out on the wing.

Mm'  Grabban or Brereton. Who  got the best deal there I wonder.

I don't think we need to signing a 33 year old striker. I've mention who I would look at. 

What's are Grabban wages? probably 35k plus at least whilst someone like Brereton is on between 10 to 15k a week plus also a resale value were has no resale value in Grabban. I would suggest you look at Sheff Wed and the mess they are in. 

Also look at the link below who describe a conversation between him and a Rovers scout

So is Danny Graham but Henderson plays 90 minutes every week and has had a pretty injury free career. Scored another one on Saturday. He can play the hold up role and score goals.  He's got a mean streak as well so centre halves know to tread softly when they're marking him. He'd be good to bring on after 60mins, at least you could throw him up front and not have to protect him out on the wing.

Mm'  Grabban or Brereton. Who  got the best deal there I wonder.

I don't know if he would be the right signing for us but it is strange that he hasn't had a move to a bigger club. He is a decent player and has been for a number of seasons

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't think we need to signing a 33 year old striker. I've mention who I would look at. 

What's are Grabban wages? probably 35k plus at least whilst someone like Brereton is on between 10 to 15k a week plus also a resale value were has no resale value in Grabban. I would suggest you look at Sheff Wed and the mess they are in. 

Also look at the link below who describe a conversation between him and a Rovers scout

And what do you think Brereton's current resale value is given he can't even break into a mediocre Championship team?

Just remind me of Grabbi's resale value?

1 hour ago, Biz said:

If the deal is there, and you want the player long term - I doubt you’d back out because you may see his more definite impact arriving 12 months down the line as opposed to now! Especially if you’re trying to slowly build the club up.

We also play 1 centreforward most games. So what is the issue with him getting minutes in different attacking positions? He’s made an instant impact last three games too - unlucky his goal was offside.

If we change setup too - we’ve a great set of strikers with different attributes to choose.

You mean we sometimes play with a centre forward for 60 minutes, after that it's anybody who fancies a run around up front except for Big Ben.

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'd be more worried about the ability of the striker than his age. You've no idea what Grabban's wages are you have just plucked a number out of the sky with no evidence that it is correct. Also just because Brereton is young it doesn't automatically mean we will get a resale value, he's going to have to significantly on his performances so far if we are going to make any sort of profit on him or indeed our money back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Mercer said:

And what do you think Brereton's current resale value is given he can't even break into a mediocre Championship team?

Just remind me of Grabbi's resale value?

are we looking to sell him right now? I'm pretty sure the transfer window is closed at the minute :rolleyes:

I couldn't give a toss about Grabbi resale value as that was a different time, era and management

24 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I'd be more worried about the ability of the striker than his age. You've no idea what Grabban's wages are you have just plucked a number out of the sky with no evidence that it is correct. Also just because Brereton is young it doesn't automatically mean we will get a resale value, he's going to have to significantly on his performances so far if we are going to make any sort of profit on him or indeed our money back.

You think that way I don't. I wouldn't want us to sign a 33 year old at all. 

here is a link that Bournemouth was supposedly playing their players in 2016. Grabban's wages was 29k then

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/pics/pictures/4671/Every-Bournemouth-player-s-weekly-wages-revealed

I would suggest you look at the mess Sheffield United are in due to wages and players resale problem. Look at their best keeper Westwood who isn't playing. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

are we looking to sell him right now? I'm pretty sure the transfer window is closed at the minute :rolleyes:

I couldn't give a toss about Grabbi resale value as that was a different time, era and management

You are right - different management!

Souey got us back to the PL and we lifted silverware in Cardiff with him.

Souey made some indifferent signings but oh boy, Mowbray's managerial track record pales into insignificance when compared to Souey.

As for Brereton, based on what I've seen so far, I think we'll be lucky to give him away.  This signing, IMV, has all the hallmarks of a real clanger.

Edited by Mercer

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You are right - different management!

Souey got us back to the PL and we lifted silverware in Cardiff with him.

Souey made some indifferent signings but oh boy, Mowbray's managerial track record pales into insignificance when compared to Souey.

As for Brereton, based on what I've seen so far, I think we'll be lucky to give him away.  This signing, IMV, has all the hallmarks of a real clanger.

Souness made plenty of shocking signings in his time. 

Funny enough I notice that the 3 games Brereton had an impact you weren't there. funny that

Hallmarks of a real clanger :lol::lol::lol: 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Souness made plenty of shocking signings in his time. 

Funny enough I notice that the 3 games Brereton had an impact you weren't there. funny that

Hallmarks of a real clanger :lol::lol::lol: 

There on Wednesday.  Are you?  Free pint offer still stands!

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

here is a link that Bournemouth was supposedly playing their players in 2016. Grabban's wages was 29k then

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/pics/pictures/4671/Every-Bournemouth-player-s-weekly-wages-revealed

I would suggest you look at the mess Sheffield United are in due to wages and players resale problem. Look at their best keeper Westwood who isn't playing. 

So your basing what Grabban is on at Championship Nottingham Forrest in 2018 on what the Daily Star and Football Manager claim he was on at Premiership Bournemouth in 2016? Not exactly are reliable source is it? But if you believe that perhaps you could tell me what Football Manager have Grabban earning at Forest? 

I assume you mean Sheffield Wednesday? They aren't in a mess because they bought one or two players on big wages they are in a mess because they have a multitude of players on no doubt on big wages the likes of Bannan, Fletcher, Hooper, Boyd, Forestieri, Lees, Westwood and they are still paying some of Rhodes' wages as well. But it they really needed the money there would be no shortage of clubs offering good money for the likes of Bannan, Forestieri, Reach and Lees.

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

So your basing what Grabban is on at Championship Nottingham Forrest in 2018 on what the Daily Star and Football Manager claim he was on at Premiership Bournemouth in 2016? Not exactly are reliable source is it? But if you believe that perhaps you could tell me what Football Manager have Grabban earning at Forest? 

I assume you mean Sheffield Wednesday? They aren't in a mess because they bought one or two players on big wages they are in a mess because they have a multitude of players on no doubt on big wages the likes of Bannan, Fletcher, Hooper, Boyd, Forestieri, Lees, Westwood and they are still paying some of Rhodes' wages as well. But it they really needed the money there would be no shortage of clubs offering good money for the likes of Bannan, Forestieri, Reach and Lees.

Dont play the game anymore. Didnt see Bournemouth complaining about the story. Plus his wages arent going to be less are they? 

Yes I mean Sheffield Wednesday. Yes thats my point the amount of high wage earners. 

If you were going to be paying one player more money that will upset squad morale and team spirit of the rest of the group. Plus we know Rovers wont be paying those sought of wages anymore

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Dont play the game anymore. Didnt see Bournemouth complaining about the story. Plus his wages arent going to be less are they? 

Yes I mean Sheffield Wednesday. Yes thats my point the amount of high wage earners. 

If you were going to be paying one player more money that will upset squad morale and team spirit of the rest of the group. Plus we know Rovers wont be paying those sought of wages anymore

You really think that Bournemouth are going to complain about the Daily Star saying how much each player earns according to Football Manager? And yes I would guess that Grabban's wages are probably less now as he is a Championship player whereas he was a Premier League player when at Bournemouth.

If a player becomes available who has the ability to win games then you are going to have to pay them more, its the same at every club the best players earn the most money. How do you expect Rovers to progress if they aren't going to pay players more than what the current one are on, how are you going to attract better players otherwise? As for Rovers won't be paying those sort of wages anymore how do you know? If I'd have said in June that we were going to spend £7 million on a player we'd have probably all thought  there was no chance of that let alone spending £7 Million on a reserve wide man to sit on the bench.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes. 

No thankyou. I want nothing from you

Strange approach, that. Even if you don’t like the bloke, free booze is like gold dust!

• Like 2

You mean we sometimes play with a centre forward for 60 minutes, after that it's anybody who fancies a run around up front except for Big Ben.

I'd love to see us with 2 big men up front, one playing off the other. Sigh!

We simply do not have enough presence up there and accordingly are a low scoring club. Even if we are way better than the opposition we end up winning 1-0 or, worse, drawing.

The system we play now isn't working, we are an Allardyce team without the results.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Do you think every player at Rovers is on the same money ?

46 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

You really think that Bournemouth are going to complain about the Daily Star saying how much each player earns according to Football Manager? And yes I would guess that Grabban's wages are probably less now as he is a Championship player whereas he was a Premier League player when at Bournemouth.

If a player becomes available who has the ability to win games then you are going to have to pay them more, its the same at every club the best players earn the most money. How do you expect Rovers to progress if they aren't going to pay players more than what the current one are on, how are you going to attract better players otherwise? As for Rovers won't be paying those sort of wages anymore how do you know? If I'd have said in June that we were going to spend £7 million on a player we'd have probably all thought  there was no chance of that let alone spending £7 Million on a reserve wide man to sit on the bench.

Well I wouldn't. I would think the 35k figure I quoted is abit right. 

I don't see Brereton as a reserve wide man like yourself but someone who are developing and will play up front. Mowbray is taking into time with the player and not expecting too much. 

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Strange approach, that. Even if you don’t like the bloke, free booze is like gold dust!

I don't want anything from the guy at all. I wouldn't accept a case of wine of him. No thanks Mercerman. no offence at all

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Do you think every player at Rovers is on the same money ?

yet again I didn't say that but you don't want one player on double the wages of players like Mulgrew, Dack, Graham and Bennett

11 hours ago, JHRover said:

The only plus side to Venkys is that they enable us to spend that sort of cash from time to time when many others cannot, but the drawback seems to be it has to fit some bonkers set of long term development criteria rather than being spent on players who are going to immediately strengthen our squad.

In fairness, this is the first time they've ever done that. Assuming this was them this time and not Mowbray (I'm also assuming this, but we don't know it for a fact).

Everyone else we've spent a million or more on has been a starter or rotation player right from the off (not counting TM's traditional bedding in period that he would probably even apply to Messi). The only time they spent anything close to this before was Rhodes, the guaranteed starter and goal machine. That's what makes this one so strange.

Thought the rest of your post, the bit I deleted to save space, was spot on though.

Edited by bluebruce

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

Not one of Mowbray's signings this pre season / season has been a regular starter so far - that says it all.  So on that basis, Mowbray has not improved the team as his signings can't be any better than what we already have. 

Collectively, they've had the left sided attacker position sewn up. Only players he signed this summer have played there really. They just haven't displaced each other, but that's fine. Other than that, you're exactly right. The squad was strengthened considerably, but for the regular starting XI, only one slot out of 11 has been regularly occupied by new starters. Which is worrying, although he seems to have had an odd lack of faith in his own guys at times when most of us have wanted them to start.

Actually I just remembered Reed has played quite consistently too, in a mix of positions...but he's not ours.