BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW

Would be very pleasantly surprised if that is true. Very decent whenever I have seen him. Can't believe Bristol City would let him come to us without a fight and certainly not on the cheap given his role in their team. He's chipped in with quite a few goals for them. Think he's from Manchester way so suppose that could work in our favour. Right calibre of player we need to look at to push on medium term and likely to have resale value.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChrisPriceBaldSpot said:

Think he is saying that he hopes that is the reason Palmer is off to Bristol City not that it is the reason. 

Think you're right. Poorly worded but read slower it seems like that's what he's getting at.

Brownhill would be a great signing, although I can't imagine a cheap one. He's been one if not the best player all season. Whilst it would undoubtedly be an upgrade it's another cm and another obstacle for Travis. whilst other areas are desperately light I cant see this coming off

He is just saying that he hopes Palmer going to Bristol City is because we have put in a bid and had it accepted for Brownhill. I dont think he is saying that this has actually happened - just that he hopes it has.

Edited by JacknOry

14 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Absolutely nobody on here is ITK. 

Not strictly true. We have all sorts on here, Rovers staff, Venkys staff, journos. I'd assume they know what's going on - then there's plenty of folk that get tip bits.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Butty said:

Think the Mods have paid for a shared storage unit and they’re holding him up in there ;)... he’s a very frustrating person to speak too at times but I never thought i’d miss seeing what he has too say on things. I love you chaddy, come home.. 

Hopefully won't become the BRFCS message board Lord Lucan. Unconfirmed sightings of him on other Rovers boards

• Like 1

Should sign a winger like Jamaal Lowe at Portsmouth. Plays on the right, scores goals and creates goals.

We need a right winger, left back and centre half before anything

Get knudson from Ipswich for left back because he has 6 months left on his deal. Jamaal Lowe for right wing at Portsmouth and Bauer at Charlton with only 6 months left. 

Reed to be signed in the summer I hope with Dack staying and then another striker for up front.

Armstrong will stay on the left of midfield so no point in signing a player for that side.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tom Stinny said:

Should sign a winger like Jamaal Lowe at Portsmouth. Plays on the right, scores goals and creates goals.

We need a right winger, left back and centre half before anything

Get knudson from Ipswich for left back because he has 6 months left on his deal. Jamaal Lowe for right wing at Portsmouth and Bauer at Charlton with only 6 months left. 

Reed to be signed in the summer I hope with Dack staying and then another striker for up front.

Armstrong will stay on the left of midfield so no point in signing a player for that side.

Knudsen is an awful awful shout. He's not great.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Not strictly true. We have all sorts on here, Rovers staff, Venkys staff, journos. I'd assume they know what's going on - then there's plenty of folk that get tip bits.

Correct, being ITK (even every so slightly) and being allowed to talk about every passing comment freely on message boards are unfortunately not the same thing.

For example, I heard for a very good ITK source that Sam Gallagher was "being signed as we speak" in the last window... clearly he didn't. 

For what it's worth I feel it makes sense to wait until nearer deadline day for our targets (if they are targets still) such as Bauer, Chapman etc... as these players are out of contract and that deadline is their clubs last chance to get any money for them. 

Better loan players could become available closer to the deadline too as bigger clubs may make their own signings forcing a player out on loan.

In 2017 we loaned Jack Bryne from Man City and 2 weeks later Aaron Mooy became available... 

Just now, Mellor Rover said:

Poor. Wouldn't get a touch in our system.

Just had a look at his stats. Impressive goalscoring record wherever he's been. 1 in 5 at Cardiff, 1 in 5 at Norwich, better than 1 in 5 at Huddersfield and Stockport. 70 goals in 300 games or so.