BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

20 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Not really sold on Howe to be honest, but good luck to him though and only time will tell.

The problem I see is he seems the type of manager that needs a long length of time to really put his stamp on a club to get them all on the same page as him, I just don't see him getting more than a year max to really get them moving forward, especially once he starts spending serious money! they'll want to see results pretty sharpish I expect

I agree i don't think he's the right man for that job they'll be on his back in no time, you know those great Newcastle fans compared to the shitty Rovers ones 🙄

He'd be perfect for what they allege they want to do at Ewood but he'd never touch this job whilst he can still flog himself in the Prem. His methods seem better suited to building up smaller clubs who have a decent budget and genuine ambition.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

I agree i don't think he's the right man for that job they'll be on his back in no time, you know those great Newcastle fans compared to the shitty Rovers ones 🙄

He'd be perfect for what they allege they want to do at Ewood but he'd never touch this job whilst he can still flog himself in the Prem. His methods seem better suited to building up smaller clubs who have a decent budget and genuine ambition.

That last word there, what does it mean? I forgot.

He's not great but compared to the utter carnage of the first five years of this regime he's a saint.

The problem with wanting him gone is that he will need to be replaced. I have absolutely no faith in the owners and people running the club that they would find a better replacement.

For the record I am not happy at all with just drudging through another season mid table in the second division. I am yet to be convinced that relegation from the Premier League was anything but deliberate and anything other than a top 10 finish in the Premier League is complete and utter failure under the current ownership as far as I am concerned.

The only way to move forward is for the club to be under new ownership.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I have absolutely no faith in the owners and people running the club that they would find a better replacement.

anything other than a top 10 finish in the Premier League is complete and utter failure under the current ownership as far as I am concerned.

How can you say these two things?

5 hours ago, Upside Down said:

That last word there, what does it mean? I forgot.

I think it's something to do with being happy to sit the middle of a division whilst losing 15 million a year, or at least that's the modern version of it.

57 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

How can you say these two things?

That's where we were when the takeover happened, relegation was deliberate and there has been no attempt to get back there.

Unacceptable. 

Tony Mowbray is no where near the level of manager we should have. He is a symptom of the ownership. With competen people running thigs we'd have a manager with ambition.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Upside Down said:

That's where we were when the takeover happened, relegation was deliberate and there has been no attempt to get back there.

Unacceptable. 

Tony Mowbray is no where near the level of manager we should have. He is a symptom of the ownership. With competen people running thigs we'd have a manager with ambition.

Relegation deliberate ? Don’t be so ridiculous we were relegated because of the incompetent managers at the time 

19 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Relegation deliberate ? Don’t be so ridiculous we were relegated because of the incompetent managers at the time 

Said incompetent managers were not removed and replaced with somebody competent when it was obvious what the outcomewould be.

That was very deliberate. 

• Like 9

58 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

When new owners come into the club on a ticket to get Champions league football with a budget of £5m a season, the argument could be made that they deliberately relegated the cub in pursuit of that aim. They replaced the current manager with a coach, replaced the best chairman in the country with nobody, sold off all the clubs assets, or put them in the stands so as not to pay win bonuses and loyalty bonuses.

Those are all very deliberate acts which resulted in relegation and the demise of this football club.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, Gav said:

When new owners come into the club on a ticket to get Champions league football with a budget of £5m a season, the argument could be made that they deliberately relegated the cub in pursuit of that aim. They replaced the current manager with a coach, replaced the best chairman in the country with nobody, sold off all the clubs assets, or put them in the stands so as not to pay win bonuses and loyalty bonuses.

Those are all very deliberate acts which resulted in relegation and the demise of this football club.

They even gave the manager (Kean) a contract containing a bonus if we were relegated to the Championship and  another one if we were relegated to Div1!!

Explain that one away all these who think things were above board.

At the time we were a solid and established Premier League club.

That suggests to me they knew what was coming.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Mowbray out

Waggot out

Tallented, respected, ambitious board and manager In. 

Can you name me one person in the current setup that can achieve that goal? Bringing in that calibre of appointment? 

42 minutes ago, Gav said:

Can you name me one person in the current setup that can achieve that goal? Bringing in that calibre of appointment? 

Mowbray Out

Waggot Out

Can you name me one person(that would have the clubs best interests at heart) that has the funds available to buy the club and its debt if it was put up for sale? and if this club goes into administration there will be no happy ending! the club would become history.

Sadly our best bet of stepping to the next level is by rolling the managerial dice and hoping we eventually find a good en. As for WankyWaggot and the other useless back room cronies they're all part of the same harem as Mowbray so all must go together.

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1