BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, Mercer said:

Where do I say that?

By asking a scrap of our CEO and our manager means you trust their judgement or else you wouldn't ask for it...So i am asking you, should our CEO and manager go do you trust their judgement to find a suitable replacement. If the answer is "No"then why even ask for it? It is like shooting yourself in the leg and asking a cook to try and solve the issue.

Just now, 47er said:

And what finances we do have have been spent well? Not that simple is it?

The really simple part of it is that we have a poor manager.

A poor manager who got us up and brought stability and in league where are not even in the top 10 in budget spent...So yes yes he has been poor. My god give the dude some respect. I am not even a Mowbray fan but i respect the job he has done.

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

Because we haven't sold anyone....this isn't rocket science but do you remember the squad he had when he arrived? Stokes, Graham, Mulgrew...None re sellable assets. Today Armstrong, Dack, Kaminski

and don't forget to net off the £20million+ in fees and wages, IMO spunked up the wall on Brerton and Gallagher, or the ridiculous contract extension handed to Mulgrew which must have cost us £1million+ all in otr the totally unnecessary contract extensions for Smallwood and Hart at the end of last season or the cost of Ayala who looks in danger of becoming permanently rooted in the treatment room.  I could go on and on and on......................................................

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

By asking a scrap of our CEO and our manager means you trust their judgement or else you wouldn't ask for it...So i am asking you, should our CEO and manager go do you trust their judgement to find a suitable replacement. If the answer is "No"then why even ask for it? It is like shooting yourself in the leg and asking a cook to try and solve the issue.

I have rarely ready such nonsense in my life.

Are you related to  @chaddyrovers?

• Like 2

I am not even a Mowbray fan

Really? I had high hopes for him when he came, but, realistically I shouldn't have. I should have looked closely at his record.

The situation is that he is getting worse. He was outwitted by Neil last game wasn't he? Or  did I imagine that? When we lose all the loanees at the end of the season and players leave without a fee, that's when we'll see his legacy.

As for "stability"----at what point does that become "stagnation"?

I would argue we're already there.

Edited by 47er

A poor manager who got us up and brought stability and in league where are not even in the top 10 in budget spent...So yes yes he has been poor. My god give the dude some respect. I am not even a Mowbray fan but i respect the job he has done.

A poor manager who got us relegated when he was appointed to keep us up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His words at Blues in Feb 2019.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 47er said:

Really? I had high hopes for him when he came, but, realistically I shouldn't have. I should have looked closely at his record.

The situation is that he is getting worse. He was outwitted by Neil last game wasn't he? Or  did I imagine that?

Neil had him for breakfast.

PNE have had so many players coming and going over recent weeks yet Neil still had them very organised - they looked streets ahead of Rovers who, IMO, were utterly shambolic and clueless.  The buck stops at the manager's door.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Our owners are billionaires, so we have the finances. But have they got the commitment.

Almost £200million suggests they might well have.

Appoint a top class CEO and Football Manager and everything will change - in over 10 years under these owners, we have had neither.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and don't forget to net off the £20million+ in fees and wages, IMO spunked up the wall on Brerton and Gallagher, or the ridiculous contract extension handed to Mulgrew which must have cost us £1million+ all in otr the totally unnecessary contract extensions for Smallwood and Hart at the end of last season or the cost of Ayala who looks in danger of becoming permanently rooted in the treatment room.  I could go on and on and on......................................................

Ayala everyone was shouting about the defender we need and i am more than happy to go back back in the summer thread and repost those comments...I am assuming you have access to the books of the club to find that 1m figure lolz

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Neil had him for breakfast.

PNE have had so many players coming and going over recent weeks yet Neil still had them very organised - they looked streets ahead of Rovers who, IMO, were utterly shambolic and clueless.  The buck stops at the manager's door.

he`s had 3 seasons in the championship and been well backed financially,that should be enough for any manager to make an impact,saxton and mackay were challenging within 3 seasons and they were operating on a budget of almost nothing,we don`t look like we are going anywhere with mowbray and in a properly run club he`d be under the cosh badly by now,but we`re not well run and he`s not under any pressure,i despair frankly

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, 47er said:

The situation is that he is getting worse. He was outwitted by Neil last game wasn't he? Or  did I imagine that? When we lose all the loanees at the end of the season and players leave without a fee, that's when we'll see his legacy.

As for "stability"----at what point does that become "stagnation"?

I would argue we're already there.

So far we have improved year on year from a point perspective so how has that been stagnation? Honestly i was against Mowbray appointment but to be honest he proved me wrong and i am not saying he should stay in but i will judge him at the end of the season to see where we are at. 2 defeats in a row doesn't define a season 

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

he`s had 3 seasons in the championship and been well backed financially,that should be enough for any manager to make an impact,saxton and mackay were challenging within 3 seasons and they were operating on a budget of almost nothing,we don`t look like we are going anywhere with mowbray and in a properly run club he`d be under the cosh badly by now,but we`re not well run and he`s not under any pressure,i despair frankly

You are aware we are not even in the top 10 with regards to budget spent in the champ?

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Almost £200million suggests they might well have.

Appoint a top class CEO and Football Manager and everything will change - in over 10 years under these owners, we have had neither.

So you are telling someone how to spend their money? I think each person in the world should spend their own money wherever they please. They have said that they want the club to be self sufficient which means they are no looking for a bankroll system. i would re-align expectations.

2 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

So far we have improved year on year from a point perspective so how has that been stagnation? Honestly i was against Mowbray appointment but to be honest he proved me wrong and i am not saying he should stay in but i will judge him at the end of the season to see where we are at. 2 defeats in a row doesn't define a season 

It is not the two defeats, but the manor of our performances, that is the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, roverstdt said:

You are aware we are not even in the top 10 with regards to budget spent in the champ?

i was`nt aware of that and i don`t really care,all i know is he`s spent a lot of money (most of it badly) for not much gain,if you want to be mid table for eternity then i guess mowbray is the man you want in charge

3 minutes ago, rigger said:

It is not the two defeats, but the manor of our performances, that is the problem.

Manner of the defeats is that we have barely been able to field our strongest side since the beginning 

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i was`nt aware of that and i don`t really care,all i know is he`s spent a lot of money (most of it badly) for not much gain,if you want to be mid table for eternity then i guess mowbray is the man you want in charge

Big money transfered failed and i agree, but he has spent wisely for the most part 🙂