BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

A person of lesser intelligence might respons to his team not following instructions by getting pitchside, giving instructions to players to pass on and generally going apeshit until the players respond.

Thankfully our manager is more intelligent than that I'll thank you very much 😁

But he is interested and not interested in fans opinions - he's Schrödingers Manager 🤔 😉

• Like 1

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Not for the first time Mowbray throws Nyambe under the bus. He doesn't even refer to him by his name. Shocking, shocking management.

That was particularly weird this time ‘the player at right full back’

• Like 1

He was asked directly why he subbed Nyambe and I dont have a problem with his answer to an extent, he was poor in both games mentioned. I do feel like to many, Nyambe is the blue eyed boy, talk about him being the best right back in the league etc which is off the mark.

Not enough focus was put towards Mowbray regarding the players he has chosen to bring on however. Whilst Nyambe has his flaws, he has so much positive in his game and it will be a massive shame should he leave for peanuts. He has never managed to have adequate alteratives to Nyambe, first there was Caddis who was miles off, then Bennett who was a penalty conceding liability and Rankin Costello who is not a full back in a million years. The last 3 alternatives (Harwood Bellis, Buckley, Gallagher) have been totally bizarre choices and any voluntary choices at right back inevitably removed any semblence of balance in our team, with the first of those 3 being played to please Pep and the other 2 being laughable. For me, whilst I totally agree that the choices were incorrect, regarding the interview my gripe would be more at the focus from the interviewers who should have focused more on the illogical replacements he used.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He was asked directly why he subbed Nyambe and I dont have a problem with his answer to an extent, he was poor in both games mentioned. I do feel like to many, Nyambe is the blue eyed boy, talk about him being the best right back in the league etc which is off the mark.

I agree with this comment. For Nyambe is decent enough but his positional and reading of the game can be poor at times costing us too many goals

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I agree with this comment. For Nyambe is decent enough but his positional and reading of the game can be poor at times costing us too many goals

Hes one of the first names on the team sheet regardless simply because we dont have another competent right back at the club and never have in Mowbrays side. Some of the players he has stuck there recently beggars belief. Hes also a huge prospect seemingly wherever he goes and the contract situation is piss poor. But he has been poor lately.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

He's hung Nyambe out to dry so he can justify giving the Citeh lad a game.

Meanwhile other underperforming players get a free pass. 

To be honest, the performance of Branthwaite against Preston was one of the worst I've seen in the last 5 years

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sure big Sam Gallagher and the experienced full back John Buckley both have better positional sense and reading of the game from RB. 
It beggars belief and anyone defending those comments would defend Mowbray blind on any decision. 

• Like 2

There's a group of fans who will accept anything Mowbray comes out with no matter how ludicrous as it sits easier to just lap up what he comes out with rather than call it out as rubbish.

If someone at Rovers told them the moon was made of cheese or that the earth was flat they'd accept it as gospel.

As before, if Mowbray was so disappointed in Nyambe's performances then why didn't he put his 2nd choice RB into the team instead? Last time I checked that was 'skipper' Bennett who is back from injury and on the bench. Surely he would have been preferable to Gallagher? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There's a group of fans who will accept anything Mowbray comes out with no matter how ludicrous as it sits easier to just lap up what he comes out with rather than call it out as rubbish.

If someone at Rovers told them the moon was made of cheese or that the earth was flat they'd accept it as gospel.

It's the same in all things tribal, football, politics, games consoles, you always get a subservient amount of people who will take anything from their betters. They are a weird bunch.

Someone on Facebook recently posted on the Rovers post match report that as fans we should support the club and all things within it, without question. That's what a supporter is, he said. If you don't support the manager, or the players or someone at the club then you aren't a supporter so you should stop following the club.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19094376.rovers-boss-message-man-city-everton-loan-defenders/

Seems that Mowbray has been asked about the situation at right back. I do agree that Nyambe has been poor lately, I think its hard to suggest otherwise. The problem now is that he has to keep playing because we have never had competent competition for him, and hes not been asked on the bizarre decision to put Gallagher there. Harwood Bellis doesnt look comfortable there, Gallagher and Buckley are laughable options there, id rather have Caddis.

He also brushes off the potential inconsistencies of having an 18 year old loanee at centre back, which is perhaps more troublesome.

I think Mowbray has destroyed Nyambe's confidence.

IMO, the lad has been treated with contempt and always seems the target when things go wrong for Mowbray.  If Lenihan had not been out of position forcing Nyambe to cover for him and Gallagher understood the role of a wide man (would have dropped back to cover for Nyambe), Cunningham would not have found himself in a different post code to the Rovers' defence.

If I was Nyambe's agent, I would be advising him to get as far away from Mowbray as possible.

I think Mowbray has form for hanging the younger, easier targets out to dry and also for ruining the confidence of younger players by playing them out of position - Reed, Gallagher, Brereton etc all spring to mind. 

Please Mowbray, feck off back to Teeside and your beloved drizzle cake.  I've had more than enough of what I think is a sh1t show Mowbray's delivered.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

We have had Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan and Douglas since the near the beginning of the season Why did they look like they'd never played together against Preston?

Yes, we or rather Venkys, do have the finances for a Pearson or a Hughes.

Mowbray looked like he was finished, last Friday.

Whether he is finished is not the question and judging by our finances we really dont...

5 hours ago, booth said:

A manager with a plan, who can organise a defense and play players in their most suited positions. And not waste ridiculous amounts of money.

Is that too much to ask in 2021?

Where has all the waste gone, since he has come our Squad value is worth more today than when he came. Which means there is more assets and therefore brought in more cash into the team from the purchases he has made.

13 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Simple we don't have the finances

Sorry but I think you are wrong.

I think you could put Mowbray in charge of Man City and he would still make a dog's breakfast of it.

IMO, we have a crap CEO and a crap manager.  Get those two roles wrong and you are well and truly bollocksed. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Where has all the waste gone, since he has come our Squad value is worth more today than when he came. Which means there is more assets and therefore brought in more cash into the team from the purchases he has made.

So why are we losing on average almost £20million per year?

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

As before, if Mowbray was so disappointed in Nyambe's performances then why didn't he put his 2nd choice RB into the team instead? Last time I checked that was 'skipper' Bennett who is back from injury and on the bench. Surely he would have been preferable to Gallagher? 

If he didn't think Nyambe was good enough why didn't he sell him when we could get a decent fee for him and sign another?

He's had four years + to sort out this spot and the rest of the defence and he's failed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Sorry but I think you are wrong.

I think you could put Mowbray in charge of Man City and he would still make a dogs breakfast of it.

IMO, we have a crap CEO and a crap manager.  Get those two roles wrong and you are well and truly bollocksed. 

So you are telling me you trust Venky's Judgment?