BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

To be fair, I dont think it matters. Each to their own, some successful managers take a back seat on a match day, whereas some shit managers jump around ranting and raving. I think it is understandable but just clutching at straws when people complain at things like that because the tactics/selections/subs etc much of which will be decided and worked on beforehand. People are fed up of the bizarre decisions in general and stuff like this is just used to try and further strengthen an already convincing point.

• Moderation Lead

It’s almost like he’s not being paid well to play a striker that he signed at right back....

No problem at all if Mowbray wants to sit down during games. Alex Ferguson sat down most games, Steve Kean stood up all game and Owen Coyle running around like a dad at a 5 a side competition and it didn't do them any favours.

Trouble is Mowbray has changed. In earlier days he was a manager who prowled the touchline shouting at players, now he's making a conscious effort to move away from that and not stand up. I'm not sure its because he doesn't want to or its a natural occurrence rather a deliberate attempt or act by him, with motives unclear right now.

• Like 1

So the alleged use of a haemorrhoid cushion was fake news, glad all is ok down there 

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 1

What absolute bullshit.

Our last four performances have been abysmal. If he thinks that 45 minutes against PNE is just a blip then he is either a fool, in denial, or trying to send a message t’ th’owners.

He must surely be under pressure from somebody at the club because the fans aren’t even there to show their disapproval. There would have been comprehensive booing at full time on Friday and he got away with one there.

We need a win tomorrow to keep up appearances and we need a big performance to show that there is still a heartbeat under those blue and white shirts.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Not quite sure what Rovers fans expect, realistically, we do not have the finances for a Pearson or a Hughes so how we would get them is more FM21 rather than reality. 

The question we should all be asking ourselves is are we better than Watford, Brentford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Norwich? No we are not, the only one I see us still finishing ahead of is Reading but we are not the finished article yet. We have barely had the same back four...We need to continue building we don't deserve to go up but we should target it. 

Of the team that finished on Friday 5 will not be with the club next season. Add the expiring contracts of Nyambe, Rothwell, Trybull and Holtby and that is 9 probably not with us. Arma  Travis Kaminski (possibly Lenihan and Dack) may have suitors and we will lose at least 1 this summer in my opinion. Johnson, Ayala, Evans and Williams will all also be another year older and even less effective than they are now.

So, when you say building, don't you mean totally rebuilding?

• Like 3

This is turning Keanesqe now in terms of his absolute drivel i'm amazed loads still suck it up.

There seems to be a serious case of denial in believing what he's doing is just going to click into gear. Or just a serious case of bull aimed at India !

He couldn't see it coming v North End but everyone else could and it was of no surprise. Those kind of non performances are regular especially when it comes to local games or getting vital points.

• Like 3

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19094376.rovers-boss-message-man-city-everton-loan-defenders/

Seems that Mowbray has been asked about the situation at right back. I do agree that Nyambe has been poor lately, I think its hard to suggest otherwise. The problem now is that he has to keep playing because we have never had competent competition for him, and hes not been asked on the bizarre decision to put Gallagher there. Harwood Bellis doesnt look comfortable there, Gallagher and Buckley are laughable options there, id rather have Caddis.

He also brushes off the potential inconsistencies of having an 18 year old loanee at centre back, which is perhaps more troublesome.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19094376.rovers-boss-message-man-city-everton-loan-defenders/

Seems that Mowbray has been asked about the situation at right back. I do agree that Nyambe has been poor lately, I think its hard to suggest otherwise. The problem now is that he has to keep playing because we have never had competent competition for him, and hes not been asked on the bizarre decision to put Gallagher there. Harwood Bellis doesnt look comfortable there, Gallagher and Buckley are laughable options there, id rather have Caddis.

He also brushes off the potential inconsistencies of having an 18 year old loanee at centre back, which is perhaps more troublesome.

He has been ropey but no more than a lot of others, again getting caught out of position is a regular thing.  It's happening because he isn't good enough to do what the manager is asking him to do. Lads like him need to concentrate on defending and learn. Having Gallagher in front of him helps in no way either.

He never misses a chance to have a dig at Nyambe, his treatment of him has been poor during his entire tenure. Nyambe has been one of our most consistent performers this season and when you think that he has to do the jobs of two players in every match he has probably been our best. I would not blame Nyambe one bit if he doesn't sign a new deal, he deserves better than the way Mowbray treats him.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

He has been ropey but no more than a lot of others, again getting caught out of position is a regular thing.  It's happening because he isn't good enough to do what the manager is asking him to do. Lads like him need to concentrate on defending and learn. Having Gallagher in front of him helps in no way either.

the entire playing staff are all bamboozled because they don`t understand mowbrays erratic tactics and he is`nt a good enough coach/manager to get his message through to them on a consistent basis

• Like 3

• Backroom

Time to feck off Tony.

Getting touchy now and once again throwing blame at Nyambe while protecting others, he does it all the time.

You can see why folk are losing patience with the stuff he’s coming out with 

• Like 6

“I think the right full back who’s played in the last two games has struggled in the last couple of matches and so I made those changes.

“I don’t think there’s anything of a secret about that"
Appalling comments from our great leader but nothing to be surprised about. There are some players he likes to pick on and others he's scared of criticising.
We know how this game ends - Nyambe sold and made the scapegoat for our problems, Mowbray tries to avoid responsibility and the gullible elements of our support base lap it up and argue we should give Mowbray yet another window to replace him

Meanwhile Nyambe will be snapped up by some tinpot outfit like Preston and will play every week and earn rave reviews under a manager that can improve him.

Pack your bags Mowbray.
  • Like 1