BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

14 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Nope. Hate to burst your bubble but I’ve never really rated him.

15 months ago I said that i knew the club rated him as the best young player they had. They had fielded enquiries from PL clubs for him and there were two PL clubs there in the lounge who were at the match to watch him. The numbers being handed about in terms of what it would take to get him was  “8 figures” (direct quote). At the time Buckley hadn’t played much at all in the first team and so I didn’t get it and basically passed on the info.

In fairness, since that day my info has been proven right in terms of what they think about him as he is the most used player of any from the u23’s and they compliment him at every opportunity. I still haven’t seen in him what they do but that’s the reality of this matter.

I've seen genuine ability in flashes but not enough often enough. He's got to get on the ball more. They should show him old videos of Eyal Berkovic. He wasn't the most physical of players but he never shirked showing for a pass no matter where he was on the pitch or how tightly he was marked.

On 13/02/2021 at 09:04, J*B said:

After 28 games -

18/19 - 40 points, 6 off playoffs
19/20 - 40 points, 5 off playoffs 
20/21 - 39 points, 6 off playoffs 

21/22 - 40 points, 6 off playoffs.           22/23 - 41 points, 6 off playoffs.        23/24 - 42 points 5 off playoffs.       24/25 -  42 points 4 off playoffs.               25/26 - 43 points, 4 off playoffs.            26/27 - 43 points 4 off playoffs better GD

27/28 - 33 points 12 off playoffs (lots off injury’s, next season will be different when we get the squad back

28/29 - 44 points 2 points off play offs 29/30 lose in first leg of playoffs heavily

30/31 lose on penalties in second leg of play offs

30/31 play off final , have it a good go

FFS believe in the journey and get behind the lads . What do you expect where a little mill town in the back end of narnia. Just be grateful you have shit football to watch 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

21/22 - 40 points, 6 off playoffs.           22/23 - 41 points, 6 off playoffs.        23/24 - 42 points 5 off playoffs.       24/25 -  42 points 4 off playoffs.               25/26 - 43 points, 4 off playoffs.            26/27 - 43 points 4 off playoffs better GD

27/28 - 33 points 12 off playoffs (lots off injury’s, next season will be different when we get the squad back

28/29 - 44 points 2 points off play offs 29/30 lose in first leg of playoffs heavily

30/31 lose on penalties in second leg of play offs

30/31 play off final , have it a good go

FFS believe in the journey and get behind the lads . What do you expect where a little mill town in the back end of narnia. Just be grateful you have shit football to watch 

Mowbray leaves at the end of 27/28 then?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Mowbray leaves at the end of 27/28 then?

Ha Started early today and got really annoyed and frustrated at the lack of excitement and ambition as we helplessly plod on to nowhere . Getting my lad his first season ticket when we can go back and trying keep him away from city united etc gets harder as he watches game after game of no excitement no chances nothing . I will be sat in the bbe telling him when I was a kid every seat was full and the atmosphere was electric trying to convince him 8 thousand in silence against millwall as we get beat 1-0 that rovers is the future. I’m just sick of it . The whole bloody thing . Any way rant over . I’m off to finish my breakfast through a straw 🥴

• Like 7

Not quite sure what Rovers fans expect, realistically, we do not have the finances for a Pearson or a Hughes so how we would get them is more FM21 rather than reality. 

The question we should all be asking ourselves is are we better than Watford, Brentford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Norwich? No we are not, the only one I see us still finishing ahead of is Reading but we are not the finished article yet. We have barely had the same back four...We need to continue building we don't deserve to go up but we should target it. 

56 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Not quite sure what Rovers fans expect, realistically, we do not have the finances for a Pearson or a Hughes so how we would get them is more FM21 rather than reality. 

The question we should all be asking ourselves is are we better than Watford, Brentford, Bournemouth, Swansea, Norwich? No we are not, the only one I see us still finishing ahead of is Reading but we are not the finished article yet. We have barely had the same back four...We need to continue building we don't deserve to go up but we should target it. 

We have had Kaminski, Nyambe, Lenihan and Douglas since the near the beginning of the season Why did they look like they'd never played together against Preston?

Yes, we or rather Venkys, do have the finances for a Pearson or a Hughes.

Mowbray looked like he was finished, last Friday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roverstdt said:

A manager with a plan, who can organise a defense and play players in their most suited positions. And not waste ridiculous amounts of money.

Is that too much to ask in 2021?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Bloody well better than what we are getting atm...including a Manager who looks and sounds like he gives a toss.l like most on here want to start believing in the Club again.

Dare we challenge the footballing behemoths of Swansea,Bournemouth et al...JHC!!

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194
  • Like 1

Mowbray on Rovers job security 

"That's the journey I keep talking about and the one I hope we can take Blackburn Rovers on. If people don't want that, that's OK. I'm just a football coach. I'm an employee of the club. I am a vision and an identity of where want to go.

If the club decides that somebody else is going to have that journey then that's fine. At this moment, we're doing our very, very best to try and win football matches.

Nobody sits there and thinks we don't want to win the next match - we want to win every game. And yet the reality is that is really difficult in this league."

Tony Mowbray on the impact of Blackburn Rovers performances, intensity issues and job security - LancsLive

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray on Rovers job security 

"That's the journey I keep talking about and the one I hope we can take Blackburn Rovers on. If people don't want that, that's OK. I'm just a football coach. I'm an employee of the club. I am a vision and an identity of where want to go.

If the club decides that somebody else is going to have that journey then that's fine. At this moment, we're doing our very, very best to try and win football matches.

Nobody sits there and thinks we don't want to win the next match - we want to win every game. And yet the reality is that is really difficult in this league."

Tony Mowbray on the impact of Blackburn Rovers performances, intensity issues and job security - LancsLive

Still wittering on about his F-ing journey.

Sigh.

How do you know we don't have the finances for those managers? We are losing £15 million a year, so how can we not have room in there to employ a good management team?

Its like owning a mansion and paying £2000 a month on your mortgage but not having the finance to put the heating on or repair the roof when it starts to leak. It makes no sense because longer term it will cost more to continue.

Hughes and Pearson are two well known options. Both are unemployed and facing the managerial scrapheap unless they get back to work and quickly. Neither have the clout these days to wait for a PL job because they aren't going to get one. The Championship is the best they can hope for.

Personally I'd go elsewhere because I don’t think either would be ideal options for us. Neither have assembled promotion winning sides recently although both are better than Mowbray and have accomplished more than him in their management careers.

I'd be looking more towards an up and comer like Cowley, Neil, Rowett or failing that overseas like Brentford and Barnsley have done well. No baggage, on their way up in the game.

Presumably we couldn't afford any of those even though we could pay them more than £0 or whatever PNE/Millwall are doing. 

The 'building' is just a myth. Half the senior players are out of contract in 4 months time, our top goalscorer is likely to be sold and our defence is built on loans. It is time a different manager 'built' in the summer window.

I know what the next excuse will be. Once we've lost all these players and sold Armstrong it will be all about reinvesting and giving it time to settle. It never ends.

• Like 6

Mowbray thought our first half v Preston was unrecognisable? Really? 

I thought it was all too familiar. Sh1te for the most part after the first 10 minutes. The only difference was we actually managed a goal for once thanks to the penalty, but then again we conceded 2 which cancelled it out. Usually we go in at half time 0.

The only home game this season i don't think we've been rubbish in the first half has been Wycombe. Anyone suggest any other decent first halves at home?

• Like 4

When was it that you started following Rovers?

3 hours ago, roverstdt said:

I don't think it's the height of unreasonableness for Rovers fans to want a manager who doesn't make rediculous mistakes like playing a striker at right back. But then I could be being picky. 

• Like 2

Firstly, we dont know if those managers are realistic or unaffordable, neither are at the peak of their managerial reputation, we can only speculate. We was repeatedly told that Hughton was never going to settle for a Championship club before joining Forest. But of course, as Barnsley, (working the other way, should they be on par with use considering their resources?) as Reading, as Brentford and as Swansea all prove, a bit of imagination when recruiting a manager can pay off, none of us have an excessive knowledge of managers across the world, hence the repeats of the same old names, but lets not pretend that no one is out there.

The constant inferiority complex does frustrate me because it is never an accurate picture. Swansea have had to use half a team of loans, they sold their main defender to Spurs, had to sell Celina, couldnt afford a new deal for Van Der Hoorn. Mowbray had had time, hes had money, no pressure to sell anyone, why cant we be competitive? Reading again you touch on, a new manager has turned them around. Brentford constantly sell their best players and work on a profit. Even Watford, is their wage bill much higher than ours? Of course it is, but its not a simple advantage, much of the budget is used up on unshiftable wasters like Gray and Deeney who dont contribute, a common occurrence as we know when we came down, we had a massive wage bill, much of it being sponged up by high earning rubbish.

Ultimately, if we can not compete with all of these supposed giants, why has our public aim for the last 2 seasons, one that we have not been competitive in reaching as of yet is to get into the top 6? Have you genuinely seen in the last 3 or 4 months, a manager who is building and progressing a team with clarity, with tactical consistency and with the knowhow to ever break into a serious conversation of being promotion contenders?

• Like 4