BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

49 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

I was pissed by then, heard the commentator retort the question “is that Gallagher at right back”. Looked at the label of the wine, looked at the pitch utter disbelief 

Very, very strange.

When centre-forwards start playing at right back, it is a clear sign that the manager’s reign is coming to an end (or rather, it should be a clear sign in a normal run club).

Unfathomable selections and substitutions indicate that a manager is out of ideas. They don’t know how to turn things around so they make increasingly odd decisions in the hope something will change.

1 minute ago, RoverInverness said:

Very, very strange.

When centre-forwards start playing at right back, it is a clear sign that the manager’s reign is coming to an end (or rather, it should be a clear sign in a normal run club).

Unfathomable selections and substitutions indicate that a manager is out of ideas. They don’t know how to turn things around so they make increasingly odd decisions in the hope something will change.

It’s a Matteo left wing moment. Honestly I was that shocked I was looking at the pitch thinking how where is he going 🤦🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I had a similar thought last night. He didn't seem to know anything about the initial interest in Harry Pickering. The way in which we rushed into signing Brereton out of the blue, the constant use of Gallagher on the right wing, the 'let's throw all our attackers on and see what happens' tactic. It stinks and actually does feel like a real life game of Football Manager being played out. Another thing, why does this stupid false 9 tactic only seem to appear when we are closing in on the top 6? It cost us last night and at QPR. I remember a game at Wigan last season when we were in a similar position, he tried to go with Holtby as a false 9 and it failed miserably. It feels like we revert to Armstrong down the middle when we are a safe distance away from the play offs. Get within 3/4 points of the play offs and suddenly Dack/Elliott/Holtby/Whoever is played as a false 9. Why?

I remember hearing Glen mention on a podcast that when the rat was manager he would send the team sheet to Balaji for approval and he would make amendments to it. I'm not saying that's still happening today, but if somebody was to tell me that Balaji is the one who is picking the team and Mowbray is just the coach, suddenly all of this garbage would make sense.

Sometimes at this club conspiracy really is the only thing that makes sense. He could well be in sulk mode having had some recruitment taken out of his hands and been told to play the players where he can.

Thing is though a read through former clubs forums etc will see this kind of thing on the pitch with him isn't unusual at all.  He's a muddled thinker and always has been you can tell that with some of the waffle he comes out with.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

It’s a Matteo left wing moment. Honestly I was that shocked I was looking at the pitch thinking how where is he going 🤦🏻‍♂️

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I couldn’t remember where Matteo had been played though, so I never mentioned it. 

It’s probably too much to hope for another out of the blue appointment to rescue us, like Newcastle so weirdly did with Souness. We also don’t have a Tony Parkes guaranteed safe hands no more.

We’re going nowhere this season though, so I’d take Johnson over this dead end of a situation for sure. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

It’s a Matteo left wing moment.  🤦🏻‍♂️

I was thinking that too, it’s gonna go down in history. 15 years from now ‘remember when Mowbray had Sam Gallagher at right back?’ will still get the occasional mention.

Let’s hope Mowbray leaves soon like Souness did after that (can’t see Midtable Mogga being poached though somehow).

• Like 2

He should of gone ages ago. He’ll walk when he think fit. Dragging us down before hand and can’t get out of it. Yes, his steadied the ship, but can’t do no more. With the players he has, it needs to be better. He can’t help tinkering. There is no pattern to his play. It can actually be very dull. As you know the outcome. Problem is, Venkey’s don’t care. It’s not important enough to sort out. They’ve created it all and not concerned one bit. Nothing is going to change. It’s a slow death, I’m afraid. It’s very draining...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

It's got me absolutely fucking fuming. The guy has the temerity to act like a spoilt brat in the media and moan about being fucking cold - how about having to suffer the last decade of utter shite, Tony? How about people with genuine financial or health problems, that used to count Rovers as something to enjoy and look forward to and help forget about all the other shit in their lives that now have to put up with your gross incompetence as a manager whilst you still earn £100k's per year? And you moan about being cold. You're an absolute clown in my book, I've seen through your attempt at management for some time and I now want you gone from my club. 

👏👏👏👏👊👊

forever-and-ever-1-fanchants-free.mp3.webloc

Edited by darrenrover

2 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I had a similar thought last night. He didn't seem to know anything about the initial interest in Harry Pickering. The way in which we rushed into signing Brereton out of the blue, the constant use of Gallagher on the right wing, the 'let's throw all our attackers on and see what happens' tactic. It stinks and actually does feel like a real life game of Football Manager being played out. Another thing, why does this stupid false 9 tactic only seem to appear when we are closing in on the top 6? It cost us last night and at QPR. I remember a game at Wigan last season when we were in a similar position, he tried to go with Holtby as a false 9 and it failed miserably. It feels like we revert to Armstrong down the middle when we are a safe distance away from the play offs. Get within 3/4 points of the play offs and suddenly Dack/Elliott/Holtby/Whoever is played as a false 9. Why?

I remember hearing Glen mention on a podcast that when the rat was manager he would send the team sheet to Balaji for approval and he would make amendments to it. I'm not saying that's still happening today, but if somebody was to tell me that Balaji is the one who is picking the team and Mowbray is just the coach, suddenly all of this garbage would make sense.

Add in that Mowbray is just the coach but doesn't do tactics or formations and last night suddenly makes sense...

Enough (from a former happy clapper that is terrified of who will appointed but has reached his threshold).

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Add in that Mowbray is just the coach but doesn't do tactics or formations and last night suddenly makes sense...

Enough (from a former happy clapper that is terrified of who will appointed but has reached his threshold).

With COVID 229 million pounds of debt, we haven’t got long to sort ourselves out, kick TM out ASAP and have a bash with Nigel Pearson. I’d rather we get fecked trying then Tony’s national express journey.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevenSK said:

With COVID 229 million pounds of debt, we haven’t got long to sort ourselves out, kick TM out ASAP and have a bash with Nigel Pearson. I’d rather we get fecked trying then Tony’s national express journey.

More like Wells Fargo, with a mule and a donkey pulling the stagecoach!

14 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

14 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

The donkey is now steering the stagecoach

If Balaji is playing football manager again then surely even he isn’t stupid enough to play Gallagher on the wing every week. Nor right back. That’s 100% a Mowbray move - he played him on the wing in our relegation season too.

Felt really sorry for Sam for the first time last night. He’s obviously a big confidence player and his is currently shot to absolute pieces. I hope he gave the bloke whose fault it is both barrels in the changing room.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Join the club mate. 

The Mrs had enough of me yesterday. “Why do you fucking watch them if all you do is moan?”

She doesn’t get it. Never will. Doesn’t understand why it annoys me that our £5m striker played right back.

After yesterday Mowbray needs to go. It was pathetic. The commentator claimed it was a masterclass by Neil stopping us playing but that was shite. Mowbray stopped us playing; one of our best ball player on the bench, Davenport in midfield when we needed more creativity, Gally and Armstrong on the wings and Dack up front. What the fuck? It didn’t make sense. 

What irked me the most was, when he played Gally rb, it was actually his best 5 minutes on the pitch and then he subs him for a centre half. Couldn’t believe it. 

We had our best 5 minutes when Nyambe was subbed for Elliot.

Mostly I think because Preston are a very limited, but well drilled team and their players were clearly looking at each other thinking "well who the fuck is playing where?!" We had Dack / Elliot / Gallagher (he might have been 'playing' RB, but he went on a mazy run into their box!) / Dolan and Armstrong all on the pitch.

They re-organised themselves / we brought Harwood-Bellis on quite quickly, but those subs caused mass confusion in the PNE ranks. 

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We had our best 5 minutes when Nyambe was subbed for Elliot.

Mostly I think because Preston are a very limited, but well drilled team and their players were clearly looking at each other thinking "well who the fuck is playing where?!" We had Dack / Elliot / Gallagher (he might have been 'playing' RB, but he went on a mazy run into their box!) / Dolan and Armstrong all on the pitch.

They re-organised themselves / we brought Harwood-Bellis on quite quickly, but those subs caused mass confusion in the PNE ranks. 

They caused mass confusion for anyone watching really.

He's come out with two corkers recently. Douglas being poor because of his black and white thinking then Gallagher at RB.

Right up there with dew on the grass and not having a dog.

• Like 1