BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Why does an orchestra need a conductor? Teams at work need supervising etc?

If a department or business is failing, who takes the rap? The toilet cleaner?

My point was the person I quoted said he would pick same team and formation, yet was still blaming the manager.

I dont think it was right team selection and formation, I blame Mowbray for tonights result. But not the goals we conceded, they were players fault.

Mowbray fault was our awful first half, lack of fluid play, forcing Dack in, Gallagher RB, bringing on the City kid etc, starting Gallagher

1 minute ago, Wood26 said:

My point was the person I quoted said he would pick same team and formation, yet was still blaming the manager.

I dont think it was right team selection and formation, I blame Mowbray for tonights result. But not the goals we conceded, they were players fault.

Mowbray fault was our awful first half, lack of fluid play, forcing Dack in, Gallagher RB, bringing on the City kid etc, starting Gallagher

The players are pissed off because of Mowbray. They are de-motivated. If the gaffer gives the impression that he doesn't give a toss, as Mowbray clearly demonstrates openly for all to see, then the players are going to be lackadaisical because it, because it doesn't really matter.

Thing is, it BLOODY DOES MATTER!!

3 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

The players are pissed off because of Mowbray. They are de-motivated. If the gaffer gives the impression that he doesn't give a toss, as Mowbray clearly demonstrates openly for all to see, then the players are going to be lackadaisical because it, because it doesn't really matter.

Thing is, it BLOODY DOES MATTER!!

I dont think thats true. Anyone who has been part of squad last 4 years has raved about how much they love it.

Rich Sharpe and the I player commentators regular comment how all they hear is Mowbray shouting all game too. 

12 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I’m trying to open a BALANCED discussion. I like the man, appreciate what he has done, but think we are at a crossroads. If you just want post after post of “Mowbray is a moron” then I best stay away.

I'm not sure why you are looking for a balanced discussion on here after we've just been beaten live on Sky with an awful performance by both players and manager. Beaten in a Derby by a very mediocre Preston team who clearly have their own problems. Looks to me like you've got the reaction you wanted.

2 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I dont think thats true. Anyone who has been part of squad last 4 years has raved about how much they love it.

Rich Sharpe and the I player commentators regular comment how all they hear is Mowbray shouting all game too. 

Think what you want pal but it is true.

Stop buggering about on here and crack on with your analysis as to how Alex Neil, who is despised at North End and hasn't had a penny to spend, pissed all over your hero ToMo in every respect.

2 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I thought it was obvious to a blind bat that I was blaming Mowbray for the tactics. It wasn't the fault of the players that we conceded. We concede a lot of goals to being hit on the break and at set pieces. You'd expect the team to be drilled so that doesn't happen. Not Mowbray.

Mowbray must have hated Armstrong scoring in first half injury time, mustn't he? 'First half's not how we play'.

Nobody on here is reporting any shouting by Mowbray today.

16 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

and who signs the players, coaches, organises and selects them?

The buck stops with the manager - after four years, these are Mowbray's players and it is Mowbray's team.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

Think what you want pal but it is true.

Stop buggering about on here and crack on with your analysis as to how Alex Neil, who is despised at North End and hasn't had a penny to spend, pissed all over your hero ToMo in every respect.

Will do, I will ask him about how he lost 3-0 at home to such a dreadful manager.

2 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Mowbray must have hated Armstrong scoring in first half injury time, mustn't he? 'First half's not how we play'.

Nobody on here is reporting any shouting by Mowbray today.

Manager hates his player scoring? What are you on about?

No one here was at Ewood Park, hence I mentioned people that were.

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

and who signs the players, coaches, organises and selects them?

The buck stops with the manager - after four years, these are Mowbray's players and it is Mowbray's team.

Yeah I agree, and I think his time could be up.

But the goals weren't his fault. If he's to blame for every goal we let in, then he needs to be praised every goal we score. And we score more then we let in.

Just now, Wood26 said:

Manager hates his player scoring? What are you on about?

No one here was at Ewood Park, hence I mentioned people that were.

Really? You don't say.

There was the time Mowbray berated Dack for scoring, instead of following the game plan or all the times Gallagher comes in from the wing to score. Frankly, I wish Gallagher would tell Mowbray that he is not playing out of position again. That's not the first time, I've wished that either.

Just now, Richard Oakley said:

Really? You don't say.

There was the time Mowbray berated Dack for scoring, instead of following the game plan or all the times Gallagher comes in from the wing to score. Frankly, I wish Gallagher would tell Mowbray that he is not playing out of position again. That's not the first time, I've wished that either.

Totally agree Gallagher shouldn't be out there, be much better coming off bench when we need to go long.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

You can't see any connection between selection and formation on the one hand and the consequences on the other? Really?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Very little said about how Ben Whiteman et al completely overpowered our central midfield today. @Sparks Rover being remarkably restrained

Thought Whiteman was quietly efficient and, in the main, helped to snuff out Rovers.

Was very disciplined and didn't get forward anywhere near as much as he did at Donny - presumably, Neil has mapped out his role, at least when PNE away from home.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

You can't see any connection between selection and formation on the one hand and the consequences on the other? Really?

Of course I can.

Formation and selection has nothing to do with conceding a header from a corner. Which is what I am saying, didn't like his team tonight, but the goals we let in were player mistakes.

I am annoyed more about how we set up as we offered very little going forward (not players fault)

6 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

Of course I can.

Formation and selection has nothing to do with conceding a header from a corner. Which is what I am saying, didn't like his team tonight, but the goals we let in were player mistakes.

I am annoyed more about how we set up as we offered very little going forward (not players fault)

Don't think the players had a clue what they were doing at the corner - disorganised chaos.

When defending set pieces, every one of your 11 players should know what their responsibility is.  That is basic organisation and coaching.

Think Evans / Neil said post match they though Rovers were vulnerable at set pieces. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

You seem to be looking at it from the “We are and should easily be a PL team” side of things...

Whereas I look at it as “We were in L1 and looked like we were sinking further”

In context of the other clubs in this league, how competitive it is, and the complete clusterfuck he inherited...

Are we underachieving? Really?

I’ll have a better idea at the end of the season.

The playoffs were a realistic goal this season and we should be putting up more of a challenge.

I completely understand why there's a fear amongst fans to change the manager. Ultimately it's because they care about the club, so I'm not sure why you're getting a hard time for that.

Do I think we're underachieving in terms of the quality of the squad and performances? Yes, massively and since November. In terms of league position I think we're actually overachieving given the standard of those performances. They've been pretty abysmal since the 3-0 win at Preston.

The reality is we're underperforming on a weekly basis, even when we win and because of that we'll fall short come the end of the season. The QPR and Preston losses were coming.

If I were the owners I wouldn't back Mowbray with any more funds as he's not getting the basics right. That can only result in one thing and it will come, it's just a matter of when. I'd take someone temporary in charge now and see how all of the players do playing in their best positions from now until the end of the season.

I want a manager that overachieves and at the very least gets the best out of his squad.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Don't think the players had a clue what they were doing at the corner - disorganised chaos.

When defending set pieces, every one of your 11 players should know what their responsibility is.  That is basic organisation and coaching.

Think Evans / Neil said post match they though Rovers were vulnerable at set pieces. 

They do know, and of course they are coached. Someone didn't win their header, it's that simple.

We are vulnerable, we have a small side.