BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

45 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Sadly, no.

Mowbray's worked wonders at Blackburn Rovers has he?

I wonder how we got relegated with the wonder worker at the helm.

I wonder how we didn't win the League One Championship title with Mowbray at the helm.

I wonder how this deep into the season wonder worker Mowbray still doesn't know his best team or formation.

I wonder why Mowbray keeps playing players out of position.

I wonder why none of the teams with managerial vacancies this season have not come knocking our wonder worker's door.

News that we're pushing on for the playoffs must have come as a surprise to our wonder worker given his recent statements and demeanour.

Trouble with finding another pitch to train on at the min is it would have to have permanent under soil heating and frost covers. Where do you find that outside of another professional club ?

Bit different when it's just down to not wanting to churn it up because it's wet. Plenty of pitches around when it's mild if they made the effort. Turning it into a ploughed field under those circumstances is amateur.

Still i suppose the more worn it gets the better chance of it being redone. 

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

All this training venue bollox is just an excuse for the entire club under performing.

all this muscle pulling astro turf charade is a load of horse****,did oldham,luton,qpr and preston all come down with muscle strains when they played competetive 1st team   football on artificial pitches??,you should`nt be flogging players in training anyway at this stage of the season,they should be just keeping up their fitness levels with a lot of  2 games a week just round the corner

We must have some of if not the best training facilities in the country, never mind the Championship. 

Why then when it freezes are we seemingly unique in having to go and train on our home pitch and in doing so cause further significant damage to an already poor surface?

All about the excuses. Get beat tomorrow and he'll blame the weather affecting preparations and the poor Ewood surface.

All starts with a lack of investment and penny pinching. If Ewood had been maintained properly we would be able to cope with a busy schedule and training on it a few days. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

all this muscle pulling astro turf charade is a load of horse****,did oldham,luton,qpr and preston all come down with muscle strains when they played competetive 1st team   football on artificial pitches??,you should`nt be flogging players in training anyway at this stage of the season,they should be just keeping up their fitness levels with a lot of  2 games a week just round the corner

How many muscle strains, pulls, tears, hamstrings have we had during game time on grass this season and last?

It's hogwash.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

One of Rocks great anthems should not be bastardised in any way, for or against a non-entity like Mowbray.

Please.

Don’t take this personally because it’s certainly not meant, but I did find it amusing for an anonymous person on t’interweb describing a bloke who probably millions could name at first glance as being a nonentity! 😀

2 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Don’t take this personally because it’s certainly not meant, but I did find it amusing for an anonymous person on t’interweb describing a bloke who probably millions could name at first glance as being a nonentity! 😀

Millions could name Mowbray at first glance?

Give over, you're taking the piss, but in a funny way.

What being anonymous on the internet has got to do with the price of shit in toronto is however beyond me.

It's how message boards work, like when you post your opinion.

Get it?

Edited by AllRoverAsia

3 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Millions could name Mowbray at first glance?

Give over, you're taking the piss.

He’s been on telly and in the papers for the last 40 years! When his name first popped up as our manager, how many on here said “who’s that?” His mug is one of the most recognizable in football.

Another day, another stupid statement from Mowbray (I know I shouldn't read them).

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-douglas-praise-mowbray-19818400

"Not because of what we do, but because of what Leeds did. He's had to acclimatise away from the black and whiteness of Leeds United really, I think. But he's a good lad, he's got wonderful attributes and great feet, a good technician.

Leeds have one of the most revered coaches in world football and play great football but he had to acclimatise away from the " black and whitness" (whatever that means) of Leeds.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As in, Leeds had a set way of playing and footballers that knew their roles that led to them winning a lot of football matches?

Obviously voodoo stuff that to the sages down Brockhall...

That's what I thought too. So he is a good lad, wonderful attributes, great feet and a good technician and it only took Mowbray a week or two to knock it out of him and acclimatise because up until recently I saw pretty much the opposite of Mowbrays bullshit.

11 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

As in, Leeds had a set way of playing and footballers that knew their roles that led to them winning a lot of football matches?

Obviously voodoo stuff that to the sages down Brockhall...

It takes a while to get used to being in the shit-show that is Blackburn Rovers at the moment.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Another day, another stupid statement from Mowbray (I know I shouldn't read them).

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-douglas-praise-mowbray-19818400

"Not because of what we do, but because of what Leeds did. He's had to acclimatise away from the black and whiteness of Leeds United really, I think. But he's a good lad, he's got wonderful attributes and great feet, a good technician.

Leeds have one of the most revered coaches in world football and play great football but he had to acclimatise away from the " black and whitness" (whatever that means) of Leeds.

That is an odd statement, what does he mean by the black and whiteness of Leeds?