BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

27 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

That is an odd statement, what does he mean by the black and whiteness of Leeds? 

I think Matty nailed it in an earlier post but Mowbray doesn't realise it's quite a disparaging comment against him and his coaches.

He's getting more odd with each passing week.

''Acclimatise away from ...'' - is that even possible? Surely when moving ( Country, house, car, job etc etc) you acclimatise to the new environment.

''Black and white'' - I think the suggestion there is that Leeds play a simple system easy to understand but ours is complex. I need a GIF for that one.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

He’s been on telly and in the papers for the last 40 years! When his name first popped up as our manager, how many on here said “who’s that?” His mug is one of the most recognizable in football.

And the animal kingdom.

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

Another day, another stupid statement from Mowbray (I know I shouldn't read them).

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-douglas-praise-mowbray-19818400

"Not because of what we do, but because of what Leeds did. He's had to acclimatise away from the black and whiteness of Leeds United really, I think. But he's a good lad, he's got wonderful attributes and great feet, a good technician.

Leeds have one of the most revered coaches in world football and play great football but he had to acclimatise away from the " black and whitness" (whatever that means) of Leeds.

He need to get away from the clarity of coaching at Leeds into the Rovers grey area of do what you want.

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

''Acclimatise away from ...'' - is that even possible? Surely when moving ( Country, house, car, job etc etc) you acclimatise to the new environment.

''Black and white'' - I think the suggestion there is that Leeds play a simple system easy to understand but ours is complex. I need a GIF for that one.

Mowbray isn't wrong, it takes a lot for a player to come here and figure out the nonsense he comes up with week after week after being at a well coached team.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Article on why Klopp, Ancelotti and Guardiola have trust Mowbray and Rovers with their best young players

https://theathletic.com/2377229/2021/02/12/why-klopp-guardiola-and-ancelotti-trust-blackburn-with-their-best-young-players?source=user-shared-article

Well he's right on one thing we certainly aren't doing anything special.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Article on why Klopp, Ancelotti and Guardiola have trust Mowbray and Rovers with their best young players

https://theathletic.com/2377229/2021/02/12/why-klopp-guardiola-and-ancelotti-trust-blackburn-with-their-best-young-players?source=user-shared-article

This will be on an email to Venky HQ. Another non result or performance based box ticked. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Think he means the boring stuff like getting promoted and holding your own in the league above, players playing in their proper positions etc,  rather than some exciting lsd induced bollocks about a euphoric  journey to the mid table magic roundabout using the mystical tombola positioning system

Time for bed, said Zebedee. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Think he means the boring stuff like getting promoted and holding your own in the league above, players playing in their proper positions etc,  rather than some exciting lsd induced bollocks about a euphoric  journey to the mid table magic roundabout using the mystical tombola positioning system

👏👏👏

1 hour ago, Mr. E said:

It is absolutely tragic that a better manager did not get a chance to use these players and push us to the next level. Mowbray has cost us a chance at least at the play offs, that much is clear. The players individually are good enough. The manager is not.

That's the truth of it and, at the end of the season we'll be rebuilding again.

Is there anyone left who thinks we have any likelihood of top 6 this season.

Mowbray's failed and must go.

So which is it: Madame and Blingy have given him the cold shoulder (as per an ITK on here) or he’s so safe that he just couldn’t care less. His body language is becoming an insult to every single Rovers fan. 

It’s fine if you’ve ran out of ideas and are getting bored Tony - managers have a short shelf life in football. But don’t drag us through the mire with you. Just please for the love of God - GO.

Has anyone any idea what he actually does? We have conceded again from a set piece but he has already previously said he doesn't do the work on set pieces. When asked about the formation before the game tonight he said he doesn't worry about formations and 'let's see what happens.'

During the game whilst Neil was bellowing orders down on the touchline and giving his subs instructions he was just sat in his seat in the dugout looking like a cast member from The Night of the Living Dead. As for the subs made, they must surely have been drawn out of a hat by someone. 

• Like 3