BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

8 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Avoided this place during the poor form because I got tired of being one of the few contrary voices.

Call me an idiot (almost feel like one with how shit some of this has been) but I still am happy for him to stay.

Reason?

The owners and pretty much every single thing since they came in.

The rebuild job TM has done - 

The solidity, the stability, the focus on youth and sustainability, the integration of the academy, the INTEGRITY, and the squad that he has assembled (and PLEASE check our net spend I’m sick of hearing he’s had bucket loads of cash for our level)

We know that it is easily lost.

It is easily thrown away.

Are there even any solid suggestions for a successor?

I trust TM. He might not be the most exciting, or some tactical genius that can piss the championship (no one is). 

But at least it’s about the football with him.

Lots to lose.

But still a dice that is hot in the hand and tempting to throw right now.

Fear of the Venkys is a valid concern but they brought him here.

May I ask what is it you trust Mowbray to do? If it’s promotion or even the play offs it’s simply never happening. Ever. He’s too tactically inept. If it’s bumbling around mid table then I trust him also. But at £200 million in debt that can’t go on forever  

There have been lots of decent suggestions for replacements but I cannot be bothered listing them. Personally I’d have Pearson or Hughes.

I disagree it is about the football with Mowbray. I think it’s about himself and his bank balance but that’s just my opinion. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Big Jack was running the show he'd been long gone. If by some miracle he'd have hung on until until now he'd have been fired after tonight's game. It's over for him at Rovers. Come Monday morning we should be looking for the new guy.

We are 8th, 2 places out of our goal, with a way to go. I get it, we are frustrating as hell, but let him finish season, if we dont make it, change it in summer. 

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

The vitriol and disrespect to the man on here sometimes is pretty nauseating and short sighted imo.

I agree with that to a point, he deserves to go quietly and with thanks for doing the job he's done. But he really should go, he doesn't even look interested. And when your average Joe can see that playing Gally on the wing/wing back/full back is absolutely insane then the gig is up.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it`s not really about being in midtable,it`s about mowbray not being able to get any consistency out of a pretty decent squad,it now appears he`s plumbed new depths and it`s a complete disorganised mess

Agree it is tbh.

Are we overrating the squad?

Often think we do.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If Big Jack was running the show he'd been long gone. If by some miracle he'd have hung on until until now he'd have been fired after tonight's game. It's over for him at Rovers. Come Monday morning we should be looking for the new guy.

Yeah but he ain’t. It’s Venkys. Fucking Venkys.

Kean, Berg, Appleton, Tosser Lambert and Fucking Owen Coyle Venkys.

Just now, Wood26 said:

We are 8th, 2 places out of our goal, with a way to go. I get it, we are frustrating as hell, but let him finish season, if we dont make it, change it in summer. 

The way we're playing we're more likely to finish 8th from bottom. Our current form is relegation form. We are not out of the woods yet. Let's just waste the rest of this season just like we've wasted the last three.

2 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

No, absolutely no. It's a flawed and week argument. The man is not good enough, He is not a winner: a blind man on a galloping horse can see that FFS. Did you see his depth of enthusiasm and care tonight? He could not give a fuck!

15 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Avoided this place during the poor form because I got tired of being one of the few contrary voices.

Call me an idiot (almost feel like one with how shit some of this has been) but I still am happy for him to stay.

Reason?

The owners and pretty much every single thing since they came in.

The rebuild job TM has done - 

The solidity, the stability, the focus on youth and sustainability, the integration of the academy, the INTEGRITY, and the squad that he has assembled (and PLEASE check our net spend I’m sick of hearing he’s had bucket loads of cash for our level)

We know that it is easily lost.

It is easily thrown away.

Are there even any solid suggestions for a successor?

I trust TM. He might not be the most exciting, or some tactical genius that can piss the championship (no one is). 

But at least it’s about the football with him.

Lots to lose.

But still a dice that is hot in the hand and tempting to throw right now.

I agree we could easily get someone worse. But.... also feels like we have gone as far as we can with him. We have a decent squad now but not really kicking on in the table. If we just tread water things the team can get demotivated or distracted, and suddenly a mid table team finds itself in a relegation dogfight....

A year ago I was on balance up for giving him more time, but I'd say now it's definitely time to switch. We're probably safe, so could get Damian Johnson to care take while we do a proper full manager search, if we are not already looking with Mowbray in post. 

Maybe he knows that is already happening in the background and that's why he's looking disengaged? We can hope I suppose.

Just now, Ewood Ace said:

It's not though is it. You are basically saying that whilst Venkys are here (which could be a long time) that he should be manager.

What success?

I’m trying to suggest that jacking the manager might not be as simple an improvement as some suggest.

That it is a gamble, and I think a bit of context and respect is due for ‘s time here.

“YoU mEan A CoNtrAcT FoR LiFe!?!?”

4 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

It 's not about position in the league. It's the abject performances that we are producing that is the problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I'm seriously beginning to think that Mowbray is just as bad as Steve Kean, something very dodgy about

this club.

im`e not having that,kean was a louse with an ego the size of jupiter,at least mowbray is a decent person just had his time here and now he should resign before he embarrases himself with kean like comments he`s started to come up with

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yet you seemingly want their most recent appointment here for at least as long as they are.

There’s a fucking time warp on here where TM came in when we were a PL club or even a competitor in this league.

No matter whether you think he should go or not - if you think he hasn’t done a great job for us then you need some fresh air.

1 minute ago, rigger said:

It 's not about position in the league. It's the abject performances that we are producing that is the problem.

Agreed performances are not good. I dont think someone new will come in and get us up this season, so happy to wait until summer.

Even if we did go up, look at the state of us, the team would get murdered unless heavy investment.

So we should forever accept mediocracy and underachievement because of a greater fear instilled by our owners that "things could be a lot worse"? This seems to be largely the reason some fans have left for keeping Mowbray in charge. Definitely not an idea I can get behind.

Edited by Ghost7

Put it this way. Not even Coyle or he who should not be named ever played a centre forward at right back. Just saying. 

To clarify I am not saying he is as bad as them but when he makes errors they don't you worry about his competence. 

Can't remember many managers allowing players to decide whether they are fit. 

Look at Buckley also being right back. Elliott as a false 9. These are all mistakes an 11 year old wouldn't make.

I've seen hundreds of line ups on this board from those who hugely support the manager to those who are perhaps never happy. And never once has any of these players in these positions been suggested. What does that say about the manager? Are we all wrong or is it so stupid that no one else would do it? 

It's a clear sign he has lost the plot. Whatever he has or hasn't done these kind of decisions show he has run his term. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

He's done a decent job. A great job is rather an exaggeration. 

Fair. 

TBH I couldn’t see us being in this situation for YEARS when he took the job. We were fucked.

Maybe YOU are the positive happy clapper 😂