BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes it's a meltdown after one defeat after 10 points in 4 games 

Coyle has told us how he was appointed by the club. 

Appleton doing a good job at Lincoln and played very well on Friday night from what I watched

Mourinho will be staying at Spurs. Still in the 3 cup comps and Kane has just come back. And they just won 2 nil. 

I wouldn't be calling time on Mowbray time at our club at all

No-one is calling for Mowbray's head on the basis of one defeat at QPR. Coyle hasn't told us how he was appointed. I don't believe a word he's said. I'm not talking about how Appleton is doing now. I am talking about the farce of how he was appointed and removed here.

So you're saying that were Mourinho free, you wouldn't want him here? I think Spurs have already made the decision to sack him and are just lining up his successor.

Why wouldn't you call time on Mowbray? Is the squad he's got better than the two squads Bowyer didn't get promoted? Why do you reckon Mowbray is better than all the other managers who are currently out of work? Do you really think that had Venkys given Lambert the 15m pounds sterling he wanted that he'd have spent it worse than Mowbray has?

17 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You've ignored the context again. We weren't heading to L1 before Bowyer had his best players sold from under him. And in fact we weren't heading there at all. We were 16th. If Mowbray hits 16th spot then should we sack him? 

Also, Bowyer saved us from relegation when he took over. Mowbray failed to do the same. Whatever way you slice it Bowyer did a better job than Mowbray, and with less money. Context or no context. 

I answered JH question Hoochie, context never came into it.

Do you want Mowbray sacked? 

Edited by Gav

9 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

No-one is calling for Mowbray's head on the basis of one defeat at QPR. Coyle hasn't told us how he was appointed. I don't believe a word he's said. I'm not talking about how Appleton is doing now. I am talking about the farce of how he was appointed and removed here.

So you're saying that were Mourinho free, you wouldn't want him here? I think Spurs have already made the decision to sack him and are just lining up his successor.

Why wouldn't you call time on Mowbray? Is the squad he's got better than the two squads Bowyer didn't get promoted? Why do you reckon Mowbray is better than all the other managers who are currently out of work? Do you really think that had Venkys given Lambert the 15m pounds sterling he wanted that he'd have spent it worse than Mowbray has?

Coyle did tell us how he was appointed by Rovers. 

But Mourinho isn't free and he is Spurs manager. I dont see getting sack any time soon. He has Kane back now so Spurs will get back to winning ways like today

I have already explained why I wouldnt be calling time on Mowbray tenure at Rovers. I am not going back over this every time we have a defeat. 

I'm not interested in compare this squad to the squad Bowyer has they are far too differences. 

Who knows what would have happened if Lambert had carry on as manager. How can anyone know who he would have bought and how they would perform here? 

where have I said that Mowbray is better than all the out of work managers? I don't claim this at all

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Coyle did tell us how he was appointed by Rovers. 

But Mourinho isn't free and he is Spurs manager. I dont see getting sack any time soon. He has Kane back now so Spurs will get back to winning ways like today

I have already explained why I wouldnt be calling time on Mowbray tenure at Rovers. I am not going back over this every time we have a defeat. 

I'm not interested in compare this squad to the squad Bowyer has they are far too differences. 

Who knows what would have happened if Lambert had carry on as manager. How can anyone know who he would have bought and how they would perform here? 

where have I said that Mowbray is better than all the out of work managers? I don't claim this at all

No, Coyle didn't say how he was appointed. He gave a partial story, which I do not believe.

If Mourinho were free, would you have him here? It's a simple question. I find it odd you won't answer.

No, you haven't explained why you wouldn't call time on Mowbray. You always claim to have explained something before, but never have.

I wonder why it is that you won't compare the squad Mowbray has now to the ones Bowyer took to two top 9 finishes and I think he underachieved with both. Could it be that you think Mowbray has the strongest squad?

It's inferred, old boy! You're saying that Mowbray is better than all the out of work managers, because he's still here and all of them are still out of work.

I can only conclude that neither you nor Venkys are serious about wanting Premier League football back at Ewood Park.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

Mourinho were free, would you have him here? It's a simple question. I find it odd you won't answer.

He isn't so the question is pointless based. 

5 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

No, you haven't explained why you wouldn't call time on Mowbray. You always claim to have explained something before, but never have.

Wrong but I am not keep repeating myself. I HAVE said why. Look back and check. 

7 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

can only conclude that neither you are serious about wanting Premier League football back at Ewood Park.

🤣🤣🤣

😴😴😴

Why wouldn't I want Premier League Football back at Ewood Park? I remember the Premier League days every day and the great games and day outs I had following Rovers around England..

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Results are all that matters. Yes I want us to play good football but not always possible, 

You have no idea if the team look bemused at all. I dont see how you post such comments from watching a stream of a game if thats how you watch the game. 

The owners have sanction Mowbray to sign a player for next season so its appear he will be here next season. 

I dont see how any of them formations are confusing tbh. 

4-2-2-2 is used by Hasenhuttl at Southampton regular there and at his previous clubs. 

I watched Ancelotti change formation twice in 10 minutes at Old Trafford when different subs came on. The players understood what he wanted and how to do it. They got a point yesterday. They started 4-1-2-1-2 then change to 4-2-3-1 when Sigurdsson came on then minutes later he change to 4-4-2 when Josh King came on.  

Do you not agree that tactical consistency goes a long way? The top 3 are miles apart in this league, and all of Norwich, Brentford and Swansea play the same way every week, 4231, 433 and 3 at the back, so all different, but all consistency. They have had injuries and unavailability like us, but someone else slots in. 

Its also not just about the players understanding their positions either, it is also about the players being suited to the roles they are playing. Gallagher is quite a strong, powerful runner who lacks subtlety and imagination, never a wide man. Harwood Bellis looked out of place at right back, he was poor on the ball with a dreadful cross and a few misplaced passes but seemed a physical CB brought on purely to appease Pep, Elliott like Dack and Holtby before as a false 9, none are the type of players to act as a focal point in attack.

We know that Mowbray has tendencies to try and over thing tactics to our detriment. I mentioned Bell on the left wing v Oldham to counteract their right back. Dom Samuel right wing back v Luton. Holtby false 9 last season. They seldom work.

You also have never specified why you want Mowbray to stay, you just revert to mentioning a fictional reason that you gave that everyone missed, and you have never specified as to what are the parameters that would make you decide whether a change should be made in the summer.

The most bizarre thing is that you have twice called for a change, after the win last season v Barnsley, and the cup win v Oldham. So you clearly dont place much importance on results!

2 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Agreed. 

And in my opinion, I'm starting to dislike Mowbray to Kean levels.

I dont think statements like these help, if you genuinely feel that then surely you werent around fully during the Kean era. Mowbray has done overall a good job, with a fairly common consensus that we have hit a wall, that we will not go further. Kean was a charlatan who accelerated our decline.

You also said that he hates Nyambe which is again hyperbolic in the extreme. The sub yesterday was bizarre and deserves criticism but the exaggerations and/or over dramatic comparisons and descriptions dont help.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He isn't so the question is pointless based. 

Wrong but I am not keep repeating myself. I HAVE said why. Look back and check. 

🤣🤣🤣

😴😴😴

Why wouldn't I want Premier League Football back at Ewood Park? I remember the Premier League days every day and the great games and day outs I had following Rovers around England..

So, that's a 'No' on Mourinho. He's a success at Spurs, but you wouldn't want him here.

If you ever had actually explained your reasons, you'd have given me a link. You never have explained anything, previously. This is a tactic you always use when challenged. I have read all your posts. I'd remember, if you'd ever explained why you back Mowbray.

My sentence did not refer to our two decades in the Premier League. It's about the here and now. What has Mowbray done in four years to convince you we'll get promoted under him?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

You didn't answer my question. If Mowbray hits 16th spot, should we sack him?

I’d have seriously considered sacking him after the Huddersfield game, on the back of a draw at home to Wednesday and the last minute escape against Rotherham.

That run of games was particularly poor, but we are still in the mix, I’d not sack him now.

16th places is irrelevant.

Do you want Mowbray sacked Hoochie?

Just now, Gav said:

I’d have seriously considered sacking him after the Huddersfield game, on the back of a draw at home to Wednesday and the last minute escape against Rotherham.

That run of games was particularly poor, but we are still in the mix, I’d not sack him now.

16th places is irrelevant.

Do you want Mowbray sacked Hoochie?

It's not irrelevant because 16th, IIRC, is the position we were in when Bowyer was sacked. According to you that meant we were heading for League 1. So the same rule applies to Mowbray. 

On to the potential Mowbray sacking, I am genuinely unsure. 

Do I think he's done a good job so far? BB and SG aside, yes I do.

Do I believe he'll ever get us in the Prem? Absolutely no chance.

Are there better managers out there who would happily come to Rovers? I'm absolutely sure there are.

Would Venky's appoint them? I have my doubts.

Ultimately if the only criteria is if he gets us in the PO's or not then he has to go. 

It's all meaningless anyway. Venky's apparently like him, and Waggott won't push for his sacking. 

• Like 2

To be honest@chaddyrovers, I have never known anyone to feel so strongly about a manager as I think you do with Mowbray.  I think it almost verges on hero / cult worship.

A question and assume money is no object.

Do you think there is any manager in the world capable of replacing Mowbray and if so, who would you chose and why?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Do you not agree that tactical consistency goes a long way? The top 3 are miles apart in this league, and all of Norwich, Brentford and Swansea play the same way every week, 4231, 433 and 3 at the back, so all different, but all consistency. They have had injuries and unavailability like us, but someone else slots in. 

Football players should be able to play different systems. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

You also have never specified why you want Mowbray to stay, you just revert to mentioning a fictional reason that you gave that everyone missed, and you have never specified as to what are the parameters that would make you decide whether a change should be made in the summer.

I have said why I want Mowbray to stay. 

Why do I need to set any parameters? I am not the one decide Mowbray's future. 

51 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

If you ever had actually explained your reasons, you'd have given me a link. You never have explained anything, previously. This is a tactic you always use when challenged. I have read all your posts. I'd remember, if you'd ever explained why you back Mowbray.

Reasons was explained weeks ago.. If you want a link? just look back through the forums. 

51 minutes ago, Richard Oakley said:

My sentence did not refer to our two decades in the Premier League. 

You said I wasn't serious about getting Premier League which I thought was joke of a comment tbh considering how much I remember the Premier League games with Rovers. I still remembers those days like yesterday

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

To be honest@chaddyrovers, I have never known anyone to feel so strongly about a manager as I think you do with Mowbray.  I think it almost verges on hero / cult worship.

A question and assume money is no object.

Do you think there is any manager in the world capable of replacing Mowbray and if so, who would you chose and why?

Plenty of Rovers fans still want Mowbray to be here as manager. hero/cult worship? No Mercer, No one does apart from Jack Walker, Sir Kenny Dalglish and Alan Shearer. 3 Rovers legends, 

And sorry Mercer I aint playing your pointless pathetic games again. I gave you a shortlist of managers who I would interview if we have vacancy. The shortlist included Mark Hughes, Danny Cowley and David Artell plus a couple more of names. 

What happened to your family relation saying that Alex Neil would take over at Rovers by end of the January. Here your quote 

image.gif.890e5140ea0c248755b73373d897e6d0.gif

Edited by chaddyrovers

On 10/01/2021 at 01:21, Mercer said:

Spoke again tonight with a relative with close links to PNE and he reckons Alex Neill will be managing Rovers before the window is closed!  The second time within a week I've had this conversation with him. 

Here your quote Mercer That Neil will be managing us. What happened?

• Like 2

To the outside world the inner workings of the club looks a lot stronger and more stable than Bowyers time.  However on the pitch there isn't much tangible difference between the 1 st team inexperienced Bowyer and the very experienced Mowbray.

I don't think GB would've took us straight back up but even he has a promotion on his cv. At arguably a bigger basket case club right at that precise time.

Food for thought when the chorus of 'there is nobody else' start up in regards to TM leaving the hotseat.

Nobody had fallen out with Chaddy more than me... in fact I think he’s the only person that’s ever put me on ignore 😭

But bloody hell, the forum becomes the Spanish Inquisition every time we lose a game. I personally don’t know why he’s seen as such a barometer that his opinion on TM and when he’s going to change it becomes the main talking point every week, not exactly a sage of the game, is he! ... the fella doesn’t even watch games anymore unless they are on Sky!

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have said why I want Mowbray to stay. 

Why do I need to set any parameters? I am not the one decide Mowbray's future. 

Reasons was explained weeks ago.. If you want a link? just look back through the forums. 

You said I wasn't serious about getting Premier League which I thought was joke of a comment tbh considering how much I remember the Premier League games with Rovers. I still remembers those days like yesterday

Plenty of Rovers fans still want Mowbray to be here as manager.

I wrote that you weren't serious about getting back to the Premier League. You're reduced to a pathetic attempt to shift goalposts.

So you want Mowbray to stay because plenty of fans do. That's a very circular argument. Fan A wants Mowbray to stay because Fan B does. Fan B wants Mowbray to stay because Fan A does. And so it goes on.

True, Venkys will decide Mowbray's future, but your opinion could carry some weight. If everyone wants us to be promoted this season before contract expiration makes next year difficult, why wouldn't Venkys change to a manger who'll be paid to deliver that promotion.

I ask you again: What has Mowbray done in the last four years to convince you that we'll get promotion this or any year to the Premier League under him?

You were asked who you'd have as manager. You do have an extreme reluctance to come out with your own opinions.

My own shortlist would be Mark Hughes and Frank Lampard. If available I'd have Big Sam, Mourinho and Arteta on it. I'd have as possibles; Paul Lambert and Ryan Giggs. Going back is never popular, though.  I don't think any of those would be your choice.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Nobody had fallen out with Chaddy more than me... in fact I think he’s the only person that’s ever put me on ignore 😭

But bloody hell, the forum becomes the Spanish Inquisition every time we lose a game. I personally don’t know why he’s seen as such a barometer that his opinion on TM and when he’s going to change it becomes the main talking point every week, not exactly a sage of the game, is he! ... the fella doesn’t even watch games anymore unless they are on Sky!

Equally mysterious is why he replies

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Good players who are well drilled and coached, should be able to play different systems.

Therein lies the problem.

Even well drilled players will naturally benefit from playing in a consistent system in a similar role from week to week, as the current top 3 show. And of course in positions that suit them. 

• Like 6