BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

He's now hit Coyle/Ince levels of organisation.

We are managed like a pub team.

"We'll get Taylor on because he comes to training every week."

"Sam, I know you wanna play upfront but you've not paid your subs all season, so you're on the right wing"

"Sam, just play right back for a bit, to let Elliott attack. Its his birthday this week, cheers"

"Tommy K, you're on throw ins"

"Jarrad, I know you're hanging out of your arse but you'll have to start at CB, because you're a lanky streak of piss"

• Like 3

We have come to the point where Mowbray needs to go. I know that from an outside point of view it might look like he is doing well in the small Blackburn Rovers football club, but if he stays for any longer, he risks losing completely the respect that he had undeniably won of pretty much 80-90% of the supporters. If this charade continues he could easily be remembered as another Keane or Coyle.

13 minutes ago, skous18 said:

We have come to the point where Mowbray needs to go. I know that from an outside point of view it might look like he is doing well in the small Blackburn Rovers football club, but if he stays for any longer, he risks losing completely the respect that he had undeniably won of pretty much 80-90% of the supporters. If this charade continues he could easily be remembered as another Keane or Coyle.

Too late

the problem with his softly softly evolutionary approach is that by the time he has bought a few more pieces of his jigsaw  someone else has nicked all the bits he has put together - itll never come to fruition and maybe he doesn't want it to- he's not good enought to manage at a level above and I suspect he knows it...

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

His body language was really weird tonight, utterly passive (even more so than normal). I'm totally guessing but made me feel something is going on behind the scenes.

We can only hope.  Alas, it’s Groundhog Day, no pressure as always.  Carry on in cuckoo land tony

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

His body language was really weird tonight, utterly passive (even more so than normal). I'm totally guessing but made me feel something is going on behind the scenes.

could have lost the dressing room,that lifeless performance tonight might just make him think his time is up,i bloody hope so,nice fellow,not very good manager

Avoided this place during the poor form because I got tired of being one of the few contrary voices.

Call me an idiot (almost feel like one with how shit some of this has been) but I still am happy for him to stay.

Reason?

The owners and pretty much every single thing since they came in.

The rebuild job TM has done - 

The solidity, the stability, the focus on youth and sustainability, the integration of the academy, the INTEGRITY, and the squad that he has assembled (and PLEASE check our net spend I’m sick of hearing he’s had bucket loads of cash for our level)

We know that it is easily lost.

It is easily thrown away.

Are there even any solid suggestions for a successor?

I trust TM. He might not be the most exciting, or some tactical genius that can piss the championship (no one is). 

But at least it’s about the football with him.

Lots to lose.

But still a dice that is hot in the hand and tempting to throw right now.

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hasta said:

If normal service is to be resumed, it's around about now that those fans who say it's time for Mowbray to move on if we don't get in the play offs this season start moving the goalposts.

Already happening on FB mate. "We were in Div 1 a couple of seasons ago, mid table is fine"

4 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Avoided this place during the poor form because I got tired of being one of the few contrary voices.

Call me an idiot (almost feel like one with how shit some of this has been) but I still am happy for him to stay.

Reason?

The solidity, the stability, the focus on youth and sustainability, the integration of the academy, the INTEGRITY, and the squad that he has assembled (and PLEASE check our net spend I’m sick of hearing he’s had bucket loads of cash for our level)

I am with you mate. 

There is no getting away from home poor we been, even winning in january I think we have looked way off.

Give Mowbray the season, he deserves it, and see where we end up. Pointless chopping it up now, wont get us to EPL all of a sudden.

If we are miles off end of season, then I couldn't argue trying someone new.

6 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Reason?

I trust TM. He might not be the most exciting, or some tactical genius that can piss the championship (no one is). 

Lots to lose.

But still a dice that is hot in the hand and tempting to throw right now.

So would you give him a contract for life?

• Like 2

Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Which is why he should go, because the football's appalling. 

Very fair comment.

Like I say, victim of his own success.

It wasn’t about the football FOR YEARS before Mowbray, in fact since the day they bought the club.

If we think we are due an improvement and have ideas for who and why - then I’m certainly listening... but we know that we probably won’t get it.

The vitriol and disrespect to the man on here sometimes is pretty nauseating and short sighted imo.

But let it be known - imo we have looked utterly fucking well poor for the last couple of months, WAY below the capabilities of this squad.

Shite situation all round. 

7 minutes ago, Wood26 said:

I am with you mate. 

There is no getting away from home poor we been, even winning in january I think we have looked way off.

Give Mowbray the season, he deserves it, and see where we end up. Pointless chopping it up now, wont get us to EPL all of a sudden.

If we are miles off end of season, then I couldn't argue trying someone new.

If Big Jack was running the show he'd be long gone. If by some miracle he'd have hung on until until now he'd have been fired after tonight's game. It's over for him at Rovers. Come Monday morning we should be looking for the new guy.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

So would you give him a contract for life?

Is that a strawman, a false equivalence, or are you just being intentionally dense?

Not been on here a while so need to get used to the level of discourse again.

17 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

Reason?

Lots to lose.

But still a dice that is tempting to throw.

What's Jack Marshall, Ken Furphy, Gordon Lee etc. doing these days? Time moves on.

Do we just have to contend ourselves with shit, shit and more shit because we may appoint another dead-leg? If that's the case I'm jacking it all in. It's a ludicrous argument. WE ARE BLACKBURN ROVERS!

Everyone at Brockhall and Ewood hate Mowbray with a passion, they all think he's a complete dick. Can you not see that in everybody's body language week after week?

The man sat motionless all match tonight, wrapped in a bloody snood. Do you not think he should have been stood in The Technical area snarling instructions, motivating and driving his team on? Course he should!!

Just fuck off Mowbray, you are damaging our famous club and we've suffered enough in the past 10 years FFS.

Just bloody do one!!

Edited by darrenrover
  • Like 5