BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

If Mowbray is unable to take Rovers back to the top flight then he needs to go and then we can all move forward.Promotion must surely be the aim for this Club now...surely we are past the consolidation phase in this league?

There can be no room for sentiment and standing still,look how ruthless Chelsea and Abramovich were with Shed favourite Lampard.Now that is what I call decisive management and putting the Club first!!

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Mercer said:

To be honest@chaddyrovers, I have never known anyone to feel so strongly about a manager as I think you do with Mowbray.  I think it almost verges on hero / cult worship.

He does it with every manager, even Coyle. Remember the Chaddometer? That was during Coyle's dingle comedy roadshow.

On 07/02/2021 at 16:43, Mattyblue said:

Nobody had fallen out with Chaddy more than me... in fact I think he’s the only person that’s ever put me on ignore 😭

But bloody hell, the forum becomes the Spanish Inquisition every time we lose a game. I personally don’t know why he’s seen as such a barometer that his opinion on TM and when he’s going to change it becomes the main talking point every week, not exactly a sage of the game, is he! ... the fella doesn’t even watch games anymore unless they are on Sky!

I objected to chaddyrovers' use of the word 'meltdown' to people reacting to the defeat to QPR. You've done it, too, with your 'Spanish Inquisition'. That'll certainly be how Mowbray and Waggott will present fans reactions and say that it'll all blow over in a few days.

It's not the defeat; it's the consistent theme of the things Mowbray's got wrong time and time again. Over a season Mowbray will get a third of his game plans correct and get lucky in a third more, when he's got it wrong. That's 60 points a season. Is safe in the Championship all you want for Blackburn Rovers?

Half our squad's out of contract at the end of this season. The idea that they'll play for a new contract is likely to meet the refrain, 'why should I be arsed, when the manager isn't?'.

The only mix we're in is the one to see who can get closest to the playoffs, without actually getting in.

Venkys have canned other managers, I'm puzzled why they haven't pulled the trigger on this one.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

I objected to chaddyrovers' use of the word 'meltdown' to people reacting to the defeat to QPR. You've done it, too, with your 'Spanish Inquisition'. That'll certainly be how Mowbray and Waggott will present fans reactions and say that it'll all blow over in a few days.

It's not the defeat; it's the consistent theme of the things Mowbray's got wrong time and time again. Over a season Mowbray will get a third of his game plans correct and get lucky in a third more, when he's got it wrong. That's 60 points a season. Is safe in the Championship all you want for Blackburn Rovers?

Half our squad's out of contract at the end of this season. The idea that they'll play for a new contract is likely to meet the refrain, 'why should I be arsed, when the manager isn't?'.

The only mix we're in is the one to see who can get closest to the playoffs, without actually getting in.

Venkys have canned other managers, I'm puzzled why they haven't pulled the trigger on this one.

Chaddy gets bombarded with questions every time we lose about when he’s changing his mind on Mowbray - 1) why is it so important that one bloke on a message board  who doesn’t even watch the matches change his mind? 2) He’s a stubborn bugger who enjoys the attention so will obviously double down on his view. It’s boring as feck to see the Chaddy Show every weekend.

As for the rest of your post, you can’t have been here long if you think I believe anything I’ve seen this past decade is acceptable for Blackburn Rovers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Richard Oakley said:

They haven't canned him because he dances to their tune. Any manager that has done that previously gets a longer run at it than one who doesn't, and a lot longer than they deserve for their performances. 

It's almost as if they forget about us for most of the year, apart from when a bit of money is required to be pumped in, then when we do flash into their minds it'll be a "Blackburn what? Oh yeah, that expensive outpost with the simple old bloke in charge, we like him" type scenario. 

I do believe there will come a tipping point relatively soon though, because as much as they may like Mowbray the £200m (and growing) hole will require focus, and the "how do we start to reduce that gap" answer isn't in the Championship, where we will flounder forever more under Mowbray. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Chaddy gets bombarded with questions every time we lose about when he’s changing his mind on Mowbray - 1) why is it so important that one bloke on a message board  who doesn’t even watch the matches change his mind? 2) He’s a stubborn bugger who enjoys the attention so will obviously double down on his view. It’s boring as feck to see the Chaddy Show almost every weekend day.

As for the rest of your post, you can’t have been here long if you think I believe anything I’ve seen this past decade is acceptable for Blackburn Rovers.

1 hour ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Is Mowbray out of contract at the end of next season?

I can see us finishing the season a place or two higher than last and he has them sold on his plans. This summer will all be about the pitch and a new deal for him and his buddies. Oh and maybe a few more drones and analytical staff.

The one thing that might just scupper that though is the pandemic and no face to face meetings in India.

Who'd be surprised if an extension isn't already signed though...

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I can see us finishing the season a place or two higher than last and he has them sold on his plans. This summer will all be about the pitch and a new deal for him and his buddies. Oh and maybe a few more drones and analytical staff.

The one thing that might just scupper that though is the pandemic and no face to face meetings in India.

Who'd be surprised if an extension isn't already signed though...

I'm not so sure, I genuinely think we're very close to a point where he will be called out on his "journey" nonsense. Reducing our injury list removes his final excuse, and whilst he may get the summer (after we finish slightly higher than last year) I reckon he'll be all out of excuses around 10-15 games into next season. 

Sadly, that may be too late for any new manager to turn things around and get promotion that season, especially if we finally have to sell some of our assets. Which is why it's such a crying shame that Venkys don't pay more attention as with the right appointment now we could absolutely be back in the Prem next year. 

1 hour ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

I'm not so sure, I genuinely think we're very close to a point where he will be called out on his "journey" nonsense. Reducing our injury list removes his final excuse, and whilst he may get the summer (after we finish slightly higher than last year) I reckon he'll be all out of excuses around 10-15 games into next season. 

Sadly, that may be too late for any new manager to turn things around and get promotion that season, especially if we finally have to sell some of our assets. Which is why it's such a crying shame that Venkys don't pay more attention as with the right appointment now we could absolutely be back in the Prem next year. 

I think the head honcho's are happy with the long term 'vision' pitched to them now. Hence Mowbrays talk of journey and 'next year, 5 years' etc plus his almost comatose demeanor at times on the sidelines.

Seems a man very much comfortable with where he's at and sees no need to push the urgency button.  Talk is all now of squad value, development, see where we end up. As predicted its shifted again from top 6, don't want to be hanging about in the middle and all that. Its happened every season as its gone on, the narrative always changes like a pre set script.

Anybody else think the drones and all the filming in training is also partly to do a bit of a propaganda job ?  Wouldn't be surprised if it's to benefit the owners who can watch these lively highly technical training sessions where Rothwell glides from one end to the other and slots it in. They're unlikely to say WFT is the challenges and defending and how come that doesn't happen on matchday. More likely to whoop whoop over their samosa's and say yeah Mr T said he'll be worth 10 million when he's finished developing him.

That's where we are at i think, they are still playing at it when they can be bothered. Rest of the time it's in safe hands and they'll pay the bills.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

They haven't canned him because he dances to their tune. Any manager that has done that previously gets a longer run at it than one who doesn't, and a lot longer than they deserve for their performances. 

It's almost as if they forget about us for most of the year, apart from when a bit of money is required to be pumped in, then when we do flash into their minds it'll be a "Blackburn what? Oh yeah, that expensive outpost with the simple old bloke in charge, we like him" type scenario. 

I do believe there will come a tipping point relatively soon though, because as much as they may like Mowbray the £200m (and growing) hole will require focus, and the "how do we start to reduce that gap" answer isn't in the Championship, where we will flounder forever more under Mowbray. 

Looks to me more like Venkys dance to Mowbray's tune.

The consensus at the beginning of the season seemed to be that Mowbray had promised Venkys' promotion. Mowbray's given up on trying for promotion.

Tipping point? I keep thinking we're past that point on a number of occasions, yet Venkys and Mowbray are still here.

Unfortunately I think our owners will look at it like this and for them it is win win. With TM we will unlikely be relegated, on that I think most can agree. We may or may not get promoted and if we do then happy days they are quids in. But in TM we will make a lot of money, more than he has spent. I will wager they rue sacking GB as he like TM was steady and profitable, so TM will stay, they win either way. Go up great, we won't go down and even if we don't go up dack and Armstrong will eventually move for 20m each easy. We also have others who may fetch a penny or two. Barring disaster, given the results of all their other managers, TM will win for them. The sales will offset loses and 40m covers us for a couple of years.

I think our best chance of  a new man will be the threat of league one.

41 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Unfortunately I think our owners will look at it like this and for them it is win win. With TM we will unlikely be relegated, on that I think most can agree. We may or may not get promoted and if we do then happy days they are quids in. But in TM we will make a lot of money, more than he has spent. I will wager they rue sacking GB as he like TM was steady and profitable, so TM will stay, they win either way. Go up great, we won't go down and even if we don't go up dack and Armstrong will eventually move for 20m each easy. We also have others who may fetch a penny or two. Barring disaster, given the results of all their other managers, TM will win for them. The sales will offset loses and 40m covers us for a couple of years.

I think our best chance of  a new man will be the threat of league one.

We wouldn't get much for Dack at the moment. He's going to have to get back to the level he was at pre-injury first.

Mowbray must have some good points otherwise Pep, Klopp and Everton wouldn't have entrusted us with the cream of their current youth crop.

Otherwise, he's past his sell by date here, many others would get a much better, consistent tune out our current First Team Squad. 

He also must either be getting his excuses in early for another season's failings (the Ewood pitch) or he's nowt but sawdust between his ears: 

They trained on Ewood today I've been told by someone who had a nosey following a Covid test. Despite knowing the state of the pitch and there being adequate facilities available at Brockhall.

The players and ground staff must wonder what the feck is going on. Absolutely bloody ridiculous!

Edited by darrenrover

10 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Bryan Adams will write a song about that one day. 

11 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Bryan Adams will write a song about that one day. 

18 hours ago, islander200 said:

Summer of 22 I think

Lets hope that the chorus line is : He left before the summer of 22.

On 10/02/2021 at 19:21, tomphil said:

I think the head honcho's are happy with the long term 'vision' pitched to them now. Hence Mowbrays talk of journey and 'next year, 5 years' etc plus his almost comatose demeanor at times on the sidelines.

Seems a man very much comfortable with where he's at and sees no need to push the urgency button.  Talk is all now of squad value, development, see where we end up. As predicted its shifted again from top 6, don't want to be hanging about in the middle and all that. Its happened every season as its gone on, the narrative always changes like a pre set script.

Anybody else think the drones and all the filming in training is also partly to do a bit of a propaganda job ?  Wouldn't be surprised if it's to benefit the owners who can watch these lively highly technical training sessions where Rothwell glides from one end to the other and slots it in. They're unlikely to say WFT is the challenges and defending and how come that doesn't happen on matchday. More likely to whoop whoop over their samosa's and say yeah Mr T said he'll be worth 10 million when he's finished developing him.

That's where we are at i think, they are still playing at it when they can be bothered. Rest of the time it's in safe hands and they'll pay the bills.

Has Mowbray already made reference to that in an interview or similar?

I pray not.

2 hours ago, darrenrover said:

They trained on Ewood today I've been told by someone who had a nosey following a Covid test. Despite knowing the state of the pitch and there being adequate facilities available at Brockhall.

The players and ground staff must wonder what the feck is going on. Absolutely bloody ridiculous!

Perhaps they need to train on it to work out how to play on it

Edited by gumboots