BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

Just now, roverstdt said:

Manner of the defeats is that we have barely been able to field our strongest side since the beginning 

Big money transfered failed and i agree, but he has spent wisely for the most part 🙂

you seriously can`t keep defending him,if he`s spent so wisely then why can he not get the best out of his wisely signed players,i guarantee a decent manager would have us in the play offs with the current personel

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

Did you expect back to back promotions? No one deserve diddly squat.

I don't expect promotion ever from this bloke. We have no chance.

Good that you're not a fan of Mowbray though!

I see you replied to me already before I've even posted this. Something of a campaign going here!

I'll leave it there and you can troll someone else.

• Like 1

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

you seriously can`t keep defending him,if he`s spent so wisely then why can he not get the best out of his wisely signed players,i guarantee a decent manager would have us in the play offs with the current personel

I can answer that simply 12 to 14 players injured at the same time. We have had over 8 different defensive partnerships, 

Johnson Lenihan

Ayala Lenihan

Williams Lenihan

Lenihan Braithwate

Lenihan Wharton

Ayala Wharton 

Williams Wharton

Hardly the chance to build anything mate in such circumstances. I would be curious to see the difference with other teams around us

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

And no answer.

I was trying to work out why you thought the club's you mentioned were bigger or better than us.

Did you visit Ewood pre Covid?

I am in my 30's mate so it has been a while. I know what Blackburn is and what it represent reality today our club has 12 to 13k attendance per game, Bounemouth, Norwich, Reading, Watford, even Brenftord get more than us as does Swansea so yes they are bigger clubs with parachute payments on top of it.  

3 minutes ago, 47er said:

I don't expect promotion ever from this bloke. We have no chance.

Good that you're not a fan of Mowbray though!

I see you replied to me already before I've even posted this. Something of a campaign going here!

I'll leave it there and you can troll someone else.

I am not even trolling :). I am not a Mowbray in either or a Mowbray out. If the season ends up being terrible then I will say get rid of. If we improve on last season then we are slowly going in the right direction

1 minute ago, roverstdt said:

I am in my 30's mate so it has been a while. I know what Blackburn is and what it represent reality today our club has 12 to 13k attendance per game, Bounemouth, Norwich, Reading, Watford, even Brenftord get more than us as does Swansea so yes they are bigger clubs with parachute payments on top of it.  

Do you mean Rovers?

• Like 5

Just now, roverstdt said:

I am not even trolling :). I am not a Mowbray in either or a Mowbray out. If the season ends up being terrible then I will say get rid of. If we improve on last season then we are slowly going in the right direction

lol,the legendary mowbray journey,by the time it`s finished i`ll be dead and we still won`t be in the premier league😇

19 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

You are aware we are not even in the top 10 with regards to budget spent in the champ?

Pretty sure on net spend over the last 3 seasons we are in the top ten.

Also at the bottom end on players sold and money brought in.

Our CEO has said we are mid-way on wages.

Anyhow, it comes back to time in the job and overall conditions. For example, Stoke and Derby are top end on wages yet both have been disaster zones over the last 6-12 months, and have been splurging away most of that money on dross they don't want. They are going through choppy waters with successions of managers and patchwork recruitment over 3-4 years. Nobody in their right minds would expect Rooney or O'Neill to finish above Rovers this season because they've inherited shambles and have to sort it out.

Mowbray is well past the shambles stage having run the club to his liking over 4 years. He's had it plain sailing with little to no issues externally to deal with. No forced sales, no interference, no major cutbacks, takeovers, boardroom instability.

Infact he's had it all how he likes it yet here we are no further on than we were at this stage in 2019.

That language about Nyambe was disgraceful and I’d be amazed if the other players didn’t think so either.

I’m not as big a fan of Nyambe as many on here, but the situation is making me consider the benefits of a DoF. Nyambe has been here for what, ten years, so just because a (hopefully) transient manager doesn’t fancy him doesn’t sound good enough reason for the club to say goodbye to a ten year investment when the next manager might fancy him.

Furphy stuck Don Martin in the reserves for three years then Lee stuck him straight up front in a promotion winning team. Two good managers, two different opinions, but thankfully Don wasn’t shunted out of the club.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Pretty sure on net spend over the last 3 seasons we are in the top ten.

Also at the bottom end on players sold and money brought in.

Our CEO has said we are mid-way on wages.

Anyhow, it comes back to time in the job and overall conditions. For example, Stoke and Derby are top end on wages yet both have been disaster zones over the last 6-12 months, and have been splurging away most of that money on dross they don't want. They are going through choppy waters with successions of managers and patchwork recruitment over 3-4 years. Nobody in their right minds would expect Rooney or O'Neill to finish above Rovers this season because they've inherited shambles and have to sort it out.

Mowbray is well past the shambles stage having run the club to his liking over 4 years. He's had it plain sailing with little to no issues externally to deal with. No forced sales, no interference, no major cutbacks, takeovers, boardroom instability.

Infact he's had it all how he likes it yet here we are no further on than we were at this stage in 2019.

Our point per game ratio this year is better than last.

Plain sailling i wouldn't describe what he inherited as plain sailling it seems that way based off the squad he has assembled which he doesn't get credit for. The rest i agree 🙂

30 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

You are aware we are not even in the top 10 with regards to budget spent in the champ?

You do realise that it is not just as simple as budget/wage bill. Mowbray has had more time than anyone else. No pressure to sell key assets and a very competitive budget and net spend. Much of it spent on crap. And no high earners and/or poisonous personalities who take up much of a supposed high wage budget.

If youve such an inferiority complex and the play offs are seemingly unrealistic, then why did Mowbray say this and last season that he was aiming to? Surely we cant compete with these high budgeted teams?

Putting it down to a reactionary reaction to "2 defeats" suggests that perhaps provocation is one of your motivations.

• Like 2

People forgetting Nyambe is our best defender and attacking outlet.

Mowbray expects him to defend and attack. He can't mark 2-3 players on his. 

Wide forward hardly comes back and covers and the CM never slots in to cover Nyambe when he pushes up. 

Mowbray making him look bad yet again. I highly highly dislike him. Sooner he's out the club the better. Think his tenure is becoming more poisonous by the minute.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You do realise that it is not just as simple as budget/wage bill. Mowbray has had more time than anyone else. No pressure to sell key assets and a very competitive budget and net spend. Much of it spent on crap. And no high earners and/or poisonous personalities who take up much of a supposed high wage budget.

If youve such an inferiority complex and the play offs are seemingly unrealistic, then why did Mowbray say this and last season that he was aiming to? Surely we cant compete with these high budgeted teams?

Putting it down to a reactionary reaction to "2 defeats" suggests that perhaps provocation is one of your motivations.

No poisonous personalities is because he got rid of them. I find it incredible the short term memory of a fan. By exactly the same thing as a Burnley fan you would say they should be in the Champions league because they have a competitive budget and Dyche has been there for numerous year. I mean seriously, budget and time doesn't mean anything just like a new manager means that will change anything. When we win 2 games in a row it was he is lucky and when we lose 2 it is he should be sacked. I am as ambitious as anyone else, but i simply refuse to send spite at every occasion to a man who has actually been one of the most successful ones under Venky's 

5 minutes ago, roverstdt said:

No poisonous personalities is because he got rid of them. I find it incredible the short term memory of a fan. By exactly the same thing as a Burnley fan you would say they should be in the Champions league because they have a competitive budget and Dyche has been there for numerous year. I mean seriously, budget and time doesn't mean anything just like a new manager means that will change anything. When we win 2 games in a row it was he is lucky and when we lose 2 it is he should be sacked. I am as ambitious as anyone else, but i simply refuse to send spite at every occasion to a man who has actually been one of the most successful ones under Venky's 

I dont think Mowbray inherited any bad personalities, I was referring to back in the Kean days, but my point was in yout attempts to downplay us, you arent factoring that although other teams may have higher wage bills, that is not always to the managers detriment. Managers having been at clubs for less time than Mowbray will have to compromise on players they dont want but cant shift. Mowbray has a full squad of his choosing. 

You are being flippant but the judgement is not towards 2 successive results of any kind, it is the repeated failure to compete for the set target.

Not sure what the nonsense about Burnley is about, their budget is not competitive to most in the league and their goal is survival which they repeatedly achieve. Ours is top 6, and we never even get in for a week. I dont see any strong signs of a manager with a clear plan and/or ability to achieve that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think Mowbray inherited any bad personalities, I was referring to back in the Kean days, but my point was in yout attempts to downplay us, you arent factoring that although other teams may have higher wage bills, that is not always to the managers detriment. Managers having been at clubs for less time than Mowbray will have to compromise on players they dont want but cant shift. Mowbray has a full squad of his choosing. 

You are being flippant but the judgement is not towards 2 successive results of any kind, it is the repeated failure to compete for the set target.

Not sure what the nonsense about Burnley is about, their budget is not competitive to most in the league and their goal is survival which they repeatedly achieve. Ours is top 6, and we never even get in for a week. I dont see any strong signs of a manager with a clear plan and/or ability to achieve that.

Since when was our goal top 6? This season even Waggott Mention expectation was top 10. Had he failed all target he would have been sacked as all manager under performing. To be honest Mowbray is steady Eddy he will not over deliver just about get to where owners set the goal. Just because you hope for top 6 doesn't mean the goal is top 6

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I believe our budget is not competitive to our target