BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly. Just one person who mention the same player in every single transfer window. Still at Doncaster currently. 

Well you certainly believed it less than 2 months ago.

On 23/07/2020 at 17:56, chaddyrovers said:

On Whiteman, clearly we have had a bid accept in so we have funds available otherwise he wouldn't be in for talks tomorrow. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did I? Or just I just accept the poster comments cos he wouldn't lie on here. 

Clearly we had no official bid in for the player at that time. 

We will see if he comes here. 

You couldn't have been clearer Chaddy. Saying that clearly we had a bid accepted. Now you are saying clearly we had no official bid in. Both your cleary's cannot be correct and it is unusual for you to take more than one position on something. ?

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, frosty said:

Two people think JRC will be world class? ? I like him and think he'll be a good player for us, but that's one of the maddest things I've read on here - he's 21 and has played a handful of senior football matches!

I think you missed a post earlier on in the season where a regular poster seriously suggested we go for Mandzukic on a free ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Did I? Or just I just accept the poster comments cos he wouldn't lie on here

Clearly we had no official bid in for the player at that time. 

We will see if he comes here. 

So which one is it Chaddy? 

1. We had no official bid in for the player at the time. 

Or

2. We clearly had a bid accepted if he's to come in for talks. 

I have no personal issue with you Chaddy and its clear you're rovers through and through. But you do tie yourself into knots at times. 

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

You couldn't have been clearer Chaddy. Saying that clearly we had a bid accepted. Now you are saying clearly we had no official bid in. Both you cleary's cannot be correct and it is unusual for you to take more than one position on something. ?

Well when we having player in talks generally an official bid has been accepted..

Now 6 weeks on he is still at Doncaster 

So clearly we had no official bid in for the player otherwise he would be here by now

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 hours ago, AJW said:

What you are saying does make a lot of sense , but fans are not that patient and to finish 21st in this league means losing a lot , losing games to teams we feel we shouldn’t , the mob will get angry and frustrated and before you know it those young players  you mention will find themselves playing in a poisonous atmosphere 

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

@J*B prob hit the nail on the head. They’ve likely tried now to get Kipre and Mawson as top targets and been done financially on both deals...so they’re onto the ‘other’ names on the list.

I also agree that if we can’t get into the top 6 in reality, which the Combined budget suggests it’s going to be tough then I would also pull this ‘mid level budget’ for all players other than those we can develop and increase In value.

I would rather them play one of Carter or Wharton next to Lenihan than pay another loan fee plus wages for Tosin (who I love btw). Kipre was a no brainer at £900k. He’d have been worth £5m to us by next summer and will be worth at least that and prob more to West Brom  in the PL.

My friend who’s a first team coach in the Championship reckons Ayala wants £40k a week which corroborates with Crookes info. Whilst Ayala would be a fantastic signing, there’s no point putting a 30 odd year old on a 2/3 year contract on £40k per week with no resale value unless he’s the final piece of the jigsaw. 

I think fans would have a right not be content should we essentially throw the towel in on any promotion ambition before the season started. Obviously stopping short at phrases like "poisonous atmosphere" and "mob will be angry and frustrated" but I would be unhappy should we take such a mindset, as we have seen at Boro. 

It isnt as if our current team and many of our key assets arent youngsters anyway, so it isnt as if we are focusing on short term in an attempt to gamble to get a top 6 finish that is less than 50% likely. Armstrong, Travis, Nyambe and although slightly older Dack and Lenihan are the first names on the team sheet. Gallagher plays more often than not, Brereton seems to be getting more and more game time, Rankin Costello seems to be considered a first teamer then we have the likes of Buckley, Davenport and maybe now Wharton as regulars in the first team squad. Theres plenty of scope for players developing there but very much within us naming our best team. 

I wouldnt want to see us prioritise development over results though, I think we can prioritise results whilst developing with the players mentioned above. i wouldnt want to see Carter chucked in (he was well off when he got a taster last season) for example even if the only alternative was a loan deal, which it isnt, I would prefer an Adarabioyo because he would be a massive upgrade and I care about the team winning games first and foremost. And I dont think thats me being really impatent or being part of a baying mob demanding success now, but you cant put anything above results as the primary priority.

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

I will bet on us this year for promotion.

Our young guns are ever improving. 

JRC will be world class imo. 

1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Agreed, many are hesitant to him and I don't know why, if you're good enough you're old enough for me.

Been watching him for years and he's a TOP talent, can't wait to see him thrive this year.

World class is laughable. And I think the reason that people are "hesitant" is because at the moment, he has yet to fully establish himself in the first team. There is an element of doubt as to how good and how effective he can be. He has played maybe a dozen first team competitive games, mainly out of position at left back where he let nobody down but it certainly isnt a position he will play long term. He hasnt as of yet really had more than a couple of chances in attacking positions, and when he did he didnt come onto the scene with a bang.

You may have been watching him but predominantly for the reserves and until he does it at senior level rather than with the kids and shows that he can get goals and assists there, then people will see him less of a hope for the future and more of a player for the here and now.

I would like to see him start the first game, be very much around the first team this season and hopefully he does thrive because that will make everyone happy.

30 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Stating the obvious but it's almost certain we'll be starting the early part of the season without any reinforcements aside from our new GK obviously. In that case, we have to go with a CB pairing of Lenihan and Williams IMO. The absolute key signing was a GK so thankfully we have got one of those in. I would dread to think how many soft goals we would have lost if Fisher had to start the season in goal for us. As it stands, we are staring at a lower mid finish in the league. 

Personally, I think we'll see Liam Lindsay end up here as our main CB signing. TM is known admirer and he'll be within our price range. 

I am not sure if Lindsay is within our price range. He joined Stoke for £2-2.5m and I think they were reported as wanting that back, and we cant afford 7 figure fees.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well when we having player in talks generally an official bid has been accepted..

So clearly we had no official bid in for the player otherwise he would be here by now

As a sign of how contradictory your posts are, you used the initial rumour as proof that Mowbray must have had a budget.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No bid ever for Whiteman. If we have money left after the GK and LB then we will put a bid in. How many more times.  Thats the truth of it from mowbrays mouth. Now, he coukd have been lying to BW but that is just speculation. 

• Like 1

Often wonder if some of the names we are supposed to be hotly pursuing are more down to the local media running with it as long as they can rather than the club just window dressing ?

They need stories, they need stuff to print they need to sell papers and get clicks online. Name pops up and club confirm hes one they have on their list. Next thing is we are in talks then they sign for someone else and it becomes 'we've just missed out', club happy to let them go with it as it looks like they are doing something and it provides cover for other more realistic targets.

Often when we do sign someone the journos know nothing until it's being done but in the meantime they have to drag the life out of anything they get a sniff of.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

@roversfan99 I didn’t claim JRC was world class, someone else did, my agreement was with the statement that he would do well for us this season and surprise people. He’s evidently not a world class player.

No I know, sorry my post included 2 quotes regarding JRC. My quotes to you where more regarding that people are hesitant. Ultimately I think people seem to be excited to see him to be fair but a this stage he has not proven himself as a first team capable wide man, obviously mainly because he has hardly played there, hence why at the moment we cant be sure.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

And we still have a budget tho dont we or are you still using a quote from 7 weeks ago? 

The point was, you used the rumour to prove that we had a budget a time when Mowbray said that he had no clarity from India, ie you had the rumour as fact.

Now, 7 weeks later and obviously in which time the budget must have been agreed and there is no reason to defend that side of things anymore, the rumour is less a fact and more a source of mockery to you.

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

And we still have a budget tho dont we or are you still using a quote from 7 weeks ago? 

Didn't that Roving Rover account say he doesn't have a budget number as such he just has to present a player he likes to the owners people and they say yes or no ?

Really sounds far more like the Venky way of doing things than just telling him yes you have 3 million in the pot.

• Like 2